• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most underrated & most overrated.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas Cowboys: All-time underrated, overrated players - NFL.com

Most underrated
Chuck Howley
Cliff Harris
Darren Woodson
Everson Walls
Tony Romo (yep that guy)

Most overrated
Andre Gurode
Leon Lett
Bill Parcells
Bob hayes
Marion Barber

the only one of these ten players I would disagree with is Bob hayes. Defenses had to change how they played because of him. I can buy the other 9 players.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL bruh that's a list I'd have to think on.... lots of names....... Awesome question though. Should make some brains rattle

theTonyRomoShow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's how you look at it. I love all your underated guys but I never thought of them as underated. Sure Harris would take the cake not being in the Hall is a danggggg shame.

theTonyRomoShow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Bullet Bob is in the hall while surprisingly Chuck MVP Howley is not. I go with those two (Harris & Howley) because I am sure Darren will make it someday soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it wasn't my list I got this from NFL.com
I just agreed with 9 of the ten players. Left the link for peeps.
they have it for all the NFL teams.
Personally I think Deberg should have been on the Chiefs most underated players but is not. (always liked that guy)
Anyhow I don't get credit for coming up with this list. I just brought it up here for a good topic to think about.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't put Barber on the overrated list. When he was doing his thing he was a top 5 back in the league. 2007 Marion Barber was a force! He had speed, could juke the shit out of defenders, or put his head down and run guys over. There was a 3 year span there where he was unbelievably fun to watch. But like all physical backs his shelf life was very short.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this one thing for sure, if Romo ever wins a Super Bowl he will be switched to the most overrated list. That is what's wrong with being the QB for Dallas, you're either the greatest thing ever, or a piece of crap.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas Cowboys: All-time underrated, overrated players - NFL.com

Most underrated
Chuck Howley
Cliff Harris
Darren Woodson
Everson Walls
Tony Romo (yep that guy)

Most overrated
Andre Gurode
Leon Lett
Bill Parcells
Bob hayes
Marion Barber

the only one of these ten players I would disagree with is Bob hayes. Defenses had to change how they played because of him. I can buy the other 9 players.

what a horrible list. Somebody missed badly.

under would be Tony Hill
over? While I'd like to pick Gurode, he wasn't very much in his hey days as a player. I'd say Dexter Coakley cause while a nice story, his best days were NFL average.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a horrible list. Somebody missed badly.

under would be Tony Hill
over? While I'd like to pick Gurode, he wasn't very much in his hey days as a player. I'd say Dexter Coakley cause while a nice story, his best days were NFL average.
I could agree with Tony Hill. He never got his just credit.
Gurode though was one of the 1st I thought of when talking overrated. he wasn't good on many level of being a Center. yet he was be given a probowl birth by many. If anything sub out Hayes (who I don't believe belongs on there) for Coakley

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree pday. Someone missed badly. Bob Hayes, over rated, wow. He alone is responsible for the zone defense. Nobody in the NFL could stay with him one on one. Cliff Harris, Chuck Howley, Ed Jones, Ralph Neely and Drew Pearson all belong in the Hall of fame and its a shame they are not in yet. I know I am gonna catch hell from some of you in here, but IMO opinion Ware is the biggest disappointment to me and currently the most over rated Cowboy. I would trade his overpaid ass tomorrow if I could. He is a fraud that doesn't show up for big games and kills us in the run game. RGIII made Ware look developmentally disabled in both games last year. Trade Ware and Ratliff, take their salaries off the books and get some bad assed D-lineman.

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over- Bill Bates
Moose Johnston
Under-Mark Tuinei
Danny White

Bates and Moose were two of my favorite players, but if Moose played for any other team he would have been just a guy, same for Bates. Most people think of Williams, Nate, Step, and later Allen of course, but Tuinei was a rock. I was no big fan of Danny White, but like Romo, he was just a big game or two at the right moment from the Hall of Fame

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over- Bill Bates
Moose Johnston
Under-Mark Tuinei
Danny White

Bates and Moose were two of my favorite players, but if Moose played for any other team he would have been just a guy, same for Bates. Most people think of Williams, Nate, Step, and later Allen of course, but Tuinei was a rock. I was no big fan of Danny White, but like Romo, he was just a big game or two at the right moment from the Hall of Fame

I couldn't disagree more
Bates had more heart than most players on the field today....

And Moose.... Put him on a team like SanFran... That used Flloyd and he woulda been a lock for the hall
He was that good

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact only FBs I think you can put in front of Moose in history .. JR and LZ

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that the article says "players" but lists Parcells.

And I also highly disagree about Bob Hayes.

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact only FBs I think you can put in front of Moose in history .. JR and LZ
I'm not gonna argue against Bates and Moose cause they are 2 of my all time favorites. As to all time fullbacks, Jim Brown and Marion Motley, end of discussion

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over- Bill Bates
Moose Johnston
Under-Mark Tuinei
Danny White

White was just one game away from the Super Bowl 3 straight years. Romo can't make it that far. Can't get past the divisional round. Danny white also helped the Cowboys to the playoffs in his first 6 years after Roger, with multiple division titles. Romo can't say that.

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BJJ, you are right about White's accomplishments, and he was underrated, but if I had to pick one, I'd take Romo by a nudge, although in todays game, White would have huge added value in being a starting punter and saving a roster spot as well

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After I made a point in a above tread, I want to finish my thought and answer more completely. IMO I always thought Bob Hayes, Duane "The Head case" Thomas, Preston Pearson and Thomas Hollywood Henderson are the players so far I think were under rated. The reason why we have zone defenses today can be thanked in due part to Bob Hayes. If it wasn't for drugs and bad decisions on his part, I really believe Thomas Henderson would have been the best linebacker we ever had. A Chuck Howley clone that was more athletic.
I hate picking on any Dallas Cowboy, however I always felt Alvin Harper was way over rated, however since then Demarcus Ware has taken that crown away. Over paid, ineffective, Doesn't show up for big games, totally liability against the run, just out there to collect a pay check, does not show me any type of leadership skills. I guess when you are Ware, you can't call out any of the players for their lack of play when RGIII made you look totally foolish in both games last year giving up over 200 yards rushing.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After I made a point in a above tread, I want to finish my thought and answer more completely. IMO I always thought Bob Hayes, Duane "The Head case" Thomas, Preston Pearson and Thomas Hollywood Henderson are the players so far I think were under rated. The reason why we have zone defenses today can be thanked in due part to Bob Hayes. If it wasn't for drugs and bad decisions on his part, I really believe Thomas Henderson would have been the best linebacker we ever had. A Chuck Howley clone that was more athletic.
I hate picking on any Dallas Cowboy, however I always felt Alvin Harper was way over rated, however since then Demarcus Ware has taken that crown away. Over paid, ineffective, Doesn't show up for big games, totally liability against the run, just out there to collect a pay check, does not show me any type of leadership skills. I guess when you are Ware, you can't call out any of the players for their lack of play when RGIII made you look totally foolish in both games last year giving up over 200 yards rushing.

I have a feeling those who think Ware is overrated will be in a VERY SMALL camp.