• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most underrated & most overrated.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ware isn't a run stopper. He's a guy that gets at the QB and constantly creates chaos in the backfield. That's his job and he does it as well if not better than any player in the league.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most Overrated player - Roy Williams the WR. I think if this question was posed to Lion fans they may say the same.

Most underrated- James Washington and Thomas Everett

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most Overrated player - Roy Williams the WR. I think if this question was posed to Lion fans they may say the same.

Most underrated- James Washington and Thomas Everett
my question is how could Roy Williams (WR) be considered overrated, when everyone thinks he sucked? (they didn't think he sucked enough?)

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that type of thinking its no wonder we've gone 16 years without a super bowl. I'm surprised at you manster. You've seen enough over the years of what it takes to be a championship team. You really think Ware has the heart, desire, toughness, brains etc., to be put in the same breathe as Howley, Jordan or Henderson. I'd rather have a druggie like Hollywood Henderson playing for me in a big game rather than a brainless twit with no heart and leadership skills like Ware that lets a rookie QB schools him for over 200 yards when the division is on the line. No wonder we have been absent from the super bowl with that way of thinking.

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my question is how could Roy Williams (WR) be considered overrated, when everyone thinks he sucked? (they didn't think he sucked enough?)
No doubt....the only person that had Roy Williams overrated was Jerry. And Joey Galloway too for that matter. Three number ones and a three for those two. Hell, at least Washington got RG3 for that kind of package lol

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2008, when we made the trade for Williams - the majority thought the offense would be unstoppable . Then after the season, we heard things like Williams and Romo never had time to work together. Wait til next year. Well we waited and waited. Number 11 was a heck of a nice guy , but to get paid like he did- I would have to say overrated.

IMO, if we simply go by a fans perspective- Romo and White are easily the most disrespected, which in turn means underrated as far as Im concerned. A lot of Dallas fans actually dislike these 2 very much.

Overrated then if Williams doesnt work for some- how about Russell Maryland. Yes I know he was injured a lot and his position wasnt exactly glamorous, but remember he was the first pick of a draft. Im not saying he was a bust because he helped win rings, but truthfully he would go weeks without ever being mentioned. Im sure he was the product of double teams. Was he really a first pick of the draft kind of impact player though?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2008, when we made the trade for Williams - the majority thought the offense would be unstoppable . Then after the season, we heard things like Williams and Romo never had time to work together. Wait til next year. Well we waited and waited. Number 11 was a heck of a nice guy , but to get paid like he did- I would have to say overrated.

IMO, if we simply go by a fans perspective- Romo and White are easily the most disrespected, which in turn means underrated as far as Im concerned. A lot of Dallas fans actually dislike these 2 very much.

Overrated then if Williams doesnt work for some- how about Russell Maryland. Yes I know he was injured a lot and his position wasnt exactly glamorous, but remember he was the first pick of a draft. Im not saying he was a bust because he helped win rings, but truthfully he would go weeks without ever being mentioned. Im sure he was the product of double teams. Was he really a first pick of the draft kind of impact player though?
I think I get what your saying. Seems like you are rating that they were overrated coming in. Not after they played. Danny White never did get any love as good as he was. He really could be in the top 5 underrated. the list actually has Romo listed as one of the top 5 underrated.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that type of thinking its no wonder we've gone 16 years without a super bowl. I'm surprised at you manster. You've seen enough over the years of what it takes to be a championship team. You really think Ware has the heart, desire, toughness, brains etc., to be put in the same breathe as Howley, Jordan or Henderson. I'd rather have a druggie like Hollywood Henderson playing for me in a big game rather than a brainless twit with no heart and leadership skills like Ware that lets a rookie QB schools him for over 200 yards when the division is on the line. No wonder we have been absent from the super bowl with that way of thinking.

Yes I do think Ware has the Heart, Desire, Toughness and Brains. Would I say he equals White, Howley or a few others? NO. But calling him over rated is you with maybe a few others in a very small room. I will ask you the same question I ask the SMART posters who keep calling for Romo's head. WHO will you get to replace him and his production. Wake up this is 2013, the 1970's are over and the game has changed to a passing league. Pass rushers are at a premium like never before. By the way you can be surprised by me alll you want but at least I have been able to adapt my way of thinking when it comes to NFL talent.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I do think Ware has the Heart, Desire, Toughness and Brains. Would I say he equals White, Howley or a few others? NO. But calling him over rated is you with maybe a few others in a very small room. I will ask you the same question I ask the SMART posters who keep calling for Romo's head. WHO will you get to replace him and his production. Wake up this is 2013, the 1970's are over and the game has changed to a passing league. Pass rushers are at a premium like never before. By the way you can be surprised by me alll you want but at least I have been able to adapt my way of thinking when it comes to NFL talent.

yup without question.....
In today's league ... Qbis 1st LTs are second pass rushers 3rd, Cbs 4th

every other position you can piece together .... but those are the premiere positions

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the game has changed manster and I don't disagree with any you just said. I think we could do better. I love our linebackers, especially Lee and Carter, and I am way more comfortable with our corners and secondary than you are. I am scared to death of our D-line to be completely honest with you. And the way many of us, including myself have been bitching about our cap situation, I'm all in favor of Trading Ware and Ratliff, getting rid of those huge contracts and either getting picks for next year or getting a couple bad-assed Leon Lett's to cause havoc. I want to be much tougher and better against the run.

Last edited by a moderator:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the game has changed manster and I don't disagree with any you just said. I think we could do better. I love our linebackers, especially Lee and Carter, and I am way more comfortable with our corners and secondary than you are. I am scared to death of our D-line to be completely honest with you. And the way many of us, including myself have been bitching about our cap situation, I'm all in favor of Trading Ware and Ratliff, getting rid of those huge contracts and either getting picks for next year or getting a couple bad-assed Leon Lett's to cause havoc. I want to be much tougher and better against the run.

Unfortunately in today's NFL it's almost impossible to trade large contracts. Before Jerry redid many contracts this season I was ready to to every player 29 and over and rebuild. With the renegotiation's done I don't see any possible way to rebuild through trading away players in the near future.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that why we've done so well the past 16 years? You don't sound very confident when you say I THINK Ware has desire, heart, etc,. Can you name me a game over the past 3 years where Ware made such an impact in a big game that made a difference in winning? I know he is 0 for nothing in big games that mattered to winning the division and going to the playoffs the past few years. If we ever made the NFC Championship or Super bowl I'm sure he would call in sick and check into a Holiday Inn Express for 60 minutes.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Growing up, I was a Butch Johnson fan and would venture to say he didn't get much attention other than the "California Quake."

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Growing up, I was a Butch Johnson fan and would venture to say he didn't get much attention other than the "California Quake."
Butch was an outstanding 3rd receiver. Could have been a top starter on another team

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Can you name me a game over the past 3 years where Ware made such an impact in a big game that made a difference in winning? I know he is 0 for nothing in big games that mattered to winning the division and going to the playoffs the past few years. If we ever made the NFC Championship or Super bowl I'm sure he would call in sick and check into a Holiday Inn Express for 60 minutes"

wow dude....you still dragging the Ware hate around?
give it a rest and besides.....your statement above stands for the entire Dallas Cowboy football team. This remains a team sport and Ware is one of the very few who's pulled his load

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate Ware pday. I'll still be rooting for him in a few weeks like I always do for the team. I'm just tired of his act and think you guys got it all wrong in thinking this whimp will make a difference in getting us to the next level.

Last edited by a moderator:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate Ware pday. I'll still be rooting for him in a few weeks like I always do for the team. I'm just tired of his act and think you guys got it all wrong in thinking this whimp will make a difference in getting us to the next level.

I couldn't disagree more

I've been lucky enough to see greatness on the field. Reggie White, Montana, Marino, and on and on ....

Ware is without question a HOFer.... probably rated only behind Taylor as the greatest Lber ever ... and only behind White as the best sack artist ever

In no way shape or form do I even have a clue with your comments on Ware

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I hated Owens but cheered when he made plays. My reasons were founded based on everywhere he'd played being a "Me" player first. Ware is NFL outstanding and all about team.

opinions vary greatly here

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't disagree more

I've been lucky enough to see greatness on the field. Reggie White, Montana, Marino, and on and on ....

Ware is without question a HOFer.... probably rated only behind Taylor as the greatest Lber ever ... and only behind White as the best sack artist ever

In no way shape or form do I even have a clue with your comments on Ware

while I like your enthusiasm, that's a pretty bold statement.