• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most painful loss?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
NHL teams' worst gut-punch losses: Rangers, Canucks, Devils - NHL - SI.com

Gotta say that is pretty spot on really makes you wonder how far that team would've made it. I believe they would've had the caps next round when they ko the Rangers.

I was at the game and remember it well? After they went down play came back into the canes end and I believe it was pando or langs they had a glorious chance to tie it and failed. What a wasted season. Game 6 they didn't show up for game 4 they come back from a 3-0 deficiet only to lose the game with .02 on the clock.

Heck not sure if that game 4 loss was more painful the. The game 2 loss against the canes in 06. You take the lead with 17 seconds left and then end up winning the face off and then let them tie it only to lose in overtime

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Besides the obvious ones. Two that really stuck out in my mind were the last game of 1996 when we lost to I believe Ottawa and it meant that we weren't going back to the playoffs.

Also, the Outdoor game really stung for a while. I remember heading into that building thinking that this would prob be the last big game Mart would ever play for us. Sucks that it went the way it did especially since we opened a nice early lead.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah I remember that Ottawa game. They were horrible that year too and we don't show up at home

Didn't we have a 4-1 lead or something like that in the outdoor game?

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That Ottawa team was sooo bad. Just looked it up. They only had 41 points that season. 19 Wins. The outdoor game was 3-1 at one point but the rangers made it 3-2 pretty quickly.