• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most Dominant Trio in NBA History

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 straight what? - they didn't even win even one championship. No one gives a shit about division titles. Give me a break - and as I recall - Webber took bribes to get into the NBA. Didn't his dad get convicted for that? So much for your hero - lmao

They didn't even win the Western Conference Finals once.

I'm surprised no one mentioned the 76ers of early 80s -- Malone, Erving, Toney. (Cheeks, Jones, ...) They won an NBA Championships (beat the Lakers) & 3 NBA Finals.

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 straight what? - they didn't even win even one championship. No one gives a shit about division titles. Give me a break - and as I recall - Webber took bribes to get into the NBA. Didn't his dad get convicted for that? So much for your hero - lmao

Webber didn't take any bribes. Ed Martin gave him money, which we all know is illegal for a player on a scholarship to receive.

It's too bad the Lakers had to rely on phantom fouls in the 4th quarter in game 6...

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Webber didn't take any bribes. Ed Martin gave him money, which we all know is illegal for a player on a scholarship to receive.

It's too bad the Lakers had to rely on phantom fouls in the 4th quarter in game 6...

What about game 5?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's too bad the Sacramento Queens thought that FOULING Shaw 175 times in one game would work - Dumb asses...

FIFY:playball:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is still just amazing that the Sacramento Kings fans are stupid about basketball that they never figured out that series. There are a lot of people in here that knows considerably more then me, but lets get real. In the first part of the series - Shaq was fouling out of the game because he was too aggressive. Phil Jackson told him to learn some finesse and to back off and that's what Shaq did. That resulted in Shaq getting fouled over and over and the Kings kept doing it because they thought that Hack A Shaq would give him a better chance then actually playing the game correctly

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way - If it was illegal for Webber to take the money - That's called a bribe and that's why it was illegal

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's too bad that Sacramento coughed up a hairball...in game 7...on their homecourt.

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about game 5?

You must be talking about the play where Webber knocked the ball loose late in the game and the Kings were awarded possession. Thats fair

BUT Walkers 3 point shot was clearly after the buzzer and it counted.

It is still just amazing that the Sacramento Kings fans are stupid about basketball that they never figured out that series. There are a lot of people in here that knows considerably more then me, but lets get real. In the first part of the series - Shaq was fouling out of the game because he was too aggressive. Phil Jackson told him to learn some finesse and to back off and that's what Shaq did. That resulted in Shaq getting fouled over and over and the Kings kept doing it because they thought that Hack A Shaq would give him a better chance then actually playing the game correctly

Only reason the hack a Shaq failed was because he would get into a rhythm and start hitting his free throws. My only gripe in that series was game 6. Bibby's nose apparently fouled Kobe's elbow. On Pollards 6th foul, he didn't even touch Shaq and was called for the foul. Same for Divac's 5th foul. Webber and Bibby got called for techs just for talking to the refs about there fouls, which every player does without even receiving a tech. I remember a play where Bibby was driving to the basket and Shaq clearly fouled him.. but it was not called.

By the way - If it was illegal for Webber to take the money - That's called a bribe and that's why it was illegal

I guess I see bribes differently. Bribe meaning.. a person like a mayor taking money to look the other way.

It's too bad that Sacramento coughed up a hairball...in game 7...on their homecourt.

Ok.. thats fair. I wouldn't say they coughed up a hairball when it was tight though out the game. The small things like missing free throws and Peja airballing a wide open 3.... killed it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok.. thats fair. I wouldn't say they coughed up a hairball when it was tight though out the game. The small things like missing free throws and Peja airballing a wide open 3.... killed it.

Yeah, while I don't buy the "the fix was in" stuff. There is no question that it was horribly reffed game. Of course the Kings were going to have more fouls because of "Hack-A-Shaq" but there were some really bad calls that favored the Lakers.

The missed free throws and airball 3 are kind of the definition of coughing up a hairball though. Those are the plays you have to make to get over the hump.

I sure do miss those battles between the Lakers and Kings though. I loved it when Phil made his "cowtown" comment and Kings fans responded by bringing cowbells to the games.

I think Phil probably still has those things ringing in his ears. :lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must be talking about the play where Webber knocked the ball loose late in the game and the Kings were awarded possession. Thats fair

Only reason the hack a Shaq failed was because he would get into a rhythm and start hitting his free throws. My only gripe in that series was game 6. Bibby's nose apparently fouled Kobe's elbow. On Pollards 6th foul, he didn't even touch Shaq and was called for the foul. Same for Divac's 5th foul. Webber and Bibby got called for techs just for talking to the refs about there fouls, which every player does without even receiving a tech. I remember a play where Bibby was driving to the basket and Shaq clearly fouled him.. but it was not called.

I guess I see bribes differently. Bribe meaning.. a person like a mayor taking money to look the other way.

If all of your pitiful excuses were true, then the Sacramento Pussies would have found a way to overcome the bad calls, make the last shot and move onto the finals and win a championship. They didn't do that for one obvious reason. It's a man's world and not the place for women

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, while I don't buy the "the fix was in" stuff. There is no question that it was horribly reffed game. Of course the Kings were going to have more fouls because of "Hack-A-Shaq" but there were some really bad calls that favored the Lakers.

The missed free throws and airball 3 are kind of the definition of coughing up a hairball though. Those are the plays you have to make to get over the hump.

I sure do miss those battles between the Lakers and Kings though. I loved it when Phil made his "cowtown" comment and Kings fans responded by bringing cowbells to the games.

I think Phil probably still has those things ringing in his ears. :lol:
The bottom line is that a good team overcomes the bad calls. The Lakers did and the Queens didn't and if they were all that great - they would have been back the next year and made it to the finals. The fact remains that they didn't even win one in all of those years and Chris Webber was consistently injured and his family did take bribes to get him in the door at a good university - that's a matter of record since the dad was convicted

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only reason Hack A Shaq failed was because he would get into a rhythm and start hitting his free throws. Tell me genius how an intelligent coach like yours didn't recognize and make adjustments.

You do realize that in a seven game series - the Adjustments is what wins the championships don't you?

On the bribes - I believe Webber was investigated and this: Webber was indicted by a federal grand jury and stripped of his All-American honors by the NCAA as a result of his direct involvement in the Ed Martin scandal.[2

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is that a good team overcomes the bad calls. The Lakers did and the Queens didn't and if they were all that great - they would have been back the next year and made it to the finals. The fact remains that they didn't even win one in all of those years and Chris Webber was consistently injured and his family did take bribes to get him in the door at a good university - that's a matter of record since the dad was convicted

Dude, there was no bribery. Webbers father was indicted on obstruction of justice charges for lying in a case against Ed Martin for money laundering and operating an illegal gambling operation. The only reason Webber and his Dad were involved was because Martin supposedly took money from the illegal gambling operation and combined it with other funds to give large loans to 4 Michigan players, including Webber.

Prosecuting lawyers apparently didn't believe them when they said they never received any money (which I believe Webber continues to deny to this day) and charged them. That's where they apparently broke the law. Giving money to a scholarship athlete is a violation of NCAA rules, but it's not against the law.

| The Michigan Daily

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, there was no bribery. Webbers father was indicted on obstruction of justice charges for lying in a case against Ed Martin for money laundering and operating an illegal gambling operation. The only reason Webber and his Dad were involved was because Martin supposedly took money from the illegal gambling operation and combined it with other funds to give large loans to 4 Michigan players, including Webber.

Prosecuting lawyers apparently didn't believe them when they said they never received any money (which I believe Webber continues to deny to this day) and charged them. That's where they apparently broke the law. Giving money to a scholarship athlete is a violation of NCAA rules, but it's not against the law.

| The Michigan Daily
My point was there something crooked there. Chris Webber clearly was not clean - but then he was a Sacramento Queen

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic, Kareem, Worthy is very hard to beat.

Then you have MJ, Pipp, Rodman but Rodman which is very very close.

Then you have Bird, McHale, Parish.

You have to throw in Duncan, Parker, Ginobili.

But after that there is a pretty wide gap:

Lebron, Wade, Bosh
Isiah, Dumars, Laimbeer
KG, Pierce, Allen
Billups, Hamilton, Wallace