• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More Fuel On The Mariota-To-Browns Fire

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/02/johnny_manziel_and_marcus_mari.html

Normally, I'd give a first-round, second-year QB the benefit of the doubt after coming off of a rocky rookie year. But maybe the Browns, in addition to other NFL pundits, have concluded -- albeit on an abbreviated record -- that Manziel is a bust, or at least not their franchise QB. With each passing day, that looks more to be the case. And with this latest report that the Browns would be happy with a Mariota and Manziel 'tandem' at QB, especially after working with current QB coach Kevin O'Connell, the Browns may try to make this a reality.

If that's the case, they've probably got to jump up between the third, fourth, and fifth picks. Tampa is almost sure to Winston, though today's reports that Winston may have some throwing shoulder issues may dramatically change things for him and the early part of the draft. And Tennessee looks like they're sticking with Mettenberg. If this holds, McCloughan should have the Browns' GM's cell number on speed dial. While a team like the Jets may try and trade into the third or fourth spots, they'd have to give up way too much to do that. Not so for the Browns. They've got those two firsts and we, in turn, can offer them a discount by not bargaining for a third or fourth overall pick. :thumb:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. I'm not so sure the Jets would have to give up very much more for a trade up. Said team (let's just say Jax or Oakland for sake of this conversation) could move back into the 6 spot, just 2-3 spots back, STILL possibly get their guy, AND pick up an early 2nd or a 1st next year. That deal would probably be just as sweet as picking up the 12 and 19 picks.

I love your optimism Skins fan... And I am with you in hoping that the football gods give us a break after the Griffin trade, the Fat Albert debacle and all of the other bad ju-ju we skins fans have had to endure over the last 15-20 years..

I am keeping my fingers crossed, but not gonn get my hopes up.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here Sparks. Hope for the best prepare for the worst is the mantra of Skins fans.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope one of the QB's falls to us and we have a ton of teams throw picks at us. I fear 2 things that either the Titans or Raiders select the remaining QB or fear #2 someone trades to get a pick before us. Like the Browns trade with Oakland. Should the Redskins start fueling the fire with smoke that we have interest in Mariota?
I'm hoping this is how the draft pans out.

1. Bucs take Crab Legs Winston
2. Titans take Leonard Williams
3. Jags take Brandon Scherff
4. Raiders take Amari Cooper
5. Redskins trade to highest bidder. If no takers then we draft Randy Gregory.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope one of the QB's falls to us and we have a ton of teams throw picks at us. I fear 2 things that either the Titans or Raiders select the remaining QB or fear #2 someone trades to get a pick before us. Like the Browns trade with Oakland. Should the Redskins start fueling the fire with smoke that we have interest in Mariota?
I'm hoping this is how the draft pans out.

1. Bucs take Crab Legs Winston
2. Titans take Leonard Williams
3. Jags take Brandon Scherff
4. Raiders take Amari Cooper
5. Redskins trade to highest bidder. If no takers then we draft Randy Gregory.

You start fueling that fire and Griffin might throw a pity party. His ego apparently is already ruffled about talk of competition with cousins. We start a rumor that we are interested in Mariota and he may crawl in a corner and have a meltdown.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You start fueling that fire and Griffin might throw a pity party. His ego apparently is already ruffled about talk of competition with cousins. We start a rumor that we are interested in Mariota and he may crawl in a corner and have a meltdown.

I don't give a shit anymore about RG3's feelings. I care about wins and he hasn't stayed healthy enough to produce them so we do what's best for the team and if that's adding smoke to get a good trade then I'm all for it. Someone hire Tony Dungy to speak with Griffin everyday and then have him lay down on Dr Phil's couch.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it looks to me that if RG3 cant handle competition for the job then he wont lead us anywhere he doesnt have mental toughness

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree. But somebody in the organization feels differently