• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Montalban's Official Bitch About tHe Warriors Superthread

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Sushi does not pick Steph and KD.

Yes, Klay is absolutely vital against the Rockets.
OK, now we have two bets. He'll pick those two. They cannot win without Durant or Curry. Sushi, himself, has already expressed his disappointment in the drop off in Thompson's defense this year.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m going with Steph and Draymond as my two players. The team can still compete without Durant, but they’re not the Warriors without those two guys. They are essential to any title hopes.

Btw if you also only gave me one player, I would easily choose Draymond.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, now we have two bets. He'll pick those two. They cannot win without Durant or Curry. Sushi, himself, has already expressed his disappointment in the drop off in Thompson's defense this year.

They need 1 of Durant or Curry with Klay and Dray.

I do think they could win without 1 of those 2. I don't think they would win without either Klay or Dray.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do think they could win without 1 of those 2. I don't think they would win without either Klay or Dray.
Hopefully we won't have to find out but give me Durant and Curry to start my team over Thompson and Green.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let’s be totally clear here so no one can weasel out...

Sushi takes the Warriors (with an option to bail if Curry or Dreymond are out before game 1)

NN takes Houston (with an option to bail if Harden or Paul are out before game 1)

The stakes are 1 month of avatar control.

Anything else?

Both bettors reply to this message as confirmation of the terms.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully we won't have to find out but give me Durant and Curry to start my team over Thompson and Green.

Of course. They are better players. That isn't what we are talking about though.

Who is most essential to beat the Rockets?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. They are better players. That isn't what we are talking about though.

Who is most essential to beat the Rockets?
I think they have to out-score the Rockets because the Warriors don't play defense so I'd rather have Curry and Durant. Thompson has shown this season that he has zero impact on Hardin's ability to dominate a game and Green is over-rated and can't be counted on to keep his head in the game.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they have to out-score the Rockets because the Warriors don't play defense so I'd rather have Curry and Durant. Thompson has shown this season that he has zero impact on Hardin's ability to dominate a game and Green is over-rated and can't be counted on to keep his head in the game.

And that pretty much sums up why nobody here takes you seriously.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So @Montalban looks like we have a bet. I'll be rooting for the Warriors to win and you'll be rooting against them, which is pretty standard.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Klay is a bit more replaceable against the Rockets, if only because the Warriors could play Iguodala a bit more at the 2 and at least not lose anything on the defensive end. Offensively they would take a hit, but if they still had Durant and Curry it would be manageable.

Draymond is absolutely invaluable to beating the Rockets though. Also I believe the Warriors would need at least one of Curry or KD to have a shot, so I opted for Curry because the lack of depth the Warriors have at the PG position is really bad this year.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So @Montalban looks like we have a bet. I'll be rooting for the Warriors to win and you'll be rooting against them, which is pretty standard.
I'll be rooting for them but betting against them. The heart and the brain are two different organs.............Can't wait to hear MSG's smart ass response to that.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Klay is a bit more replaceable against the Rockets, if only because the Warriors could play Iguodala a bit more at the 2 and at least not lose anything on the defensive end. Offensively they would take a hit, but if they still had Durant and Curry it would be manageable.

Draymond is absolutely invaluable to beating the Rockets though. Also I believe the Warriors would need at least one of Curry or KD to have a shot, so I opted for Curry because the lack of depth the Warriors have at the PG position is really bad this year.
As long as he doesn't lose his mind over a call or two he doesn't like and allows that to take him out of the game.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

Everyone, and I mean everyone, in the know about the Warriors notice their lack of execution and effort and completely understand it. You need to pull your head out of your ass and see what's going on. I think the lack of oxygen up there is getting to your brain.

Virtually every contending team does some version of this. Especially when they are on a run of several years of deep playoff runs. How it's done has changed a bit, but it's gone on at least since the Showtime Lakers.

I remember in the 80's, Riley would shut down Kareem, Magic, Worthy, etc. once the Lakers had secured the playoff position he wanted. He'd start them, but you'd rarely see them in the 2nd half and almost never in the 4th quarter for the last 6-10 games of the season.

That became the norm through the 90's. Then, Pop started resting guys throughout the season and players/teams that were on streaks of deep playoff runs started placing less emphasis on things like seeding and more emphasis on getting to the playoffs rested and healthy.

The Warriors will be fine once the playoffs start. I mean, some people are trying to make a big deal about their "lack of effort and execution," but they have the 2nd best record in basketball and are only 1/2 game from the best record in basketball.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m going with Steph and Draymond as my two players. The team can still compete without Durant, but they’re not the Warriors without those two guys. They are essential to any title hopes.

Btw if you also only gave me one player, I would easily choose Draymond.
Good lord! Durant was dominant in the playoffs last year and was the only reason they won the title. He's the one guy who the only defense for is "hope he misses".

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord! Durant was dominant in the playoffs last year and was the only reason they won the title. He's the one guy who the only defense for is "hope he misses".

LOL. Your lack of any knowledge about the intricacy of the game of basketball continues to amaze me. There are levels to this game son. LEVELS. Think past level 1 please.

I can't keep educating you on basketball. It's just too time consuming.

Have you even watched Draymond play at all? Have you seen the Warriors go small? Ever ask yourself why they're able to go small? Ever ask yourself the value of having a guy who guards all 5 positions, let alone is a DPOY? Ever ask yourself what allows Steph, Klay and Durant to play off the ball and freely flow in the offense? Ever ask yourself who the primary playmaker is for this team?

As a "fan" of the Warriors, you should fully know Draymond's value to the team. You can still win without one of your main scorers. It's more difficult, yes, but doable. You cannot win without your best interior defender and without the ability to go small against the Rockets. The Rockets will go small, and without Draymond there to defend and switch everything, they're going to kill any big out there on the court. Why? Because they're an elite 3 point shooting team. If you don't have bigs out there on the perimeter than can guard, you're going to lose.

You really need to figure out why Draymond is more important than Durant to beat the ROCKETS. Not every team, just the Rockets.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Your lack of any knowledge about the intricacy of the game of basketball continues to amaze me. There are levels to this game son. LEVELS. Think past level 1 please.

I can't keep educating you on basketball. It's just too time consuming.

Have you even watched Draymond play at all? Have you seen the Warriors go small? Ever ask yourself why they're able to go small? Ever ask yourself the value of having a guy who guards all 5 positions, let alone is a DPOY? Ever ask yourself what allows Steph, Klay and Durant to play off the ball and freely flow in the offense? Ever ask yourself who the primary playmaker is for this team?

As a "fan" of the Warriors, you should fully know Draymond's value to the team. You can still win without one of your main scorers. It's more difficult, yes, but doable. You cannot win without your best interior defender and without the ability to go small against the Rockets. The Rockets will go small, and without Draymond there to defend and switch everything, they're going to kill any big out there on the court. Why? Because they're an elite 3 point shooting team. If you don't have bigs out there on the perimeter than can guard, you're going to lose.

You really need to figure out why Draymond is more important than Durant to beat the ROCKETS. Not every team, just the Rockets.
Agreed. green has value but to suggest he is more important than Durant is laughable. You ask about their ability to go small? You don't think that has something to do with Durant? In the words of Keyshon Johsnon, "Come on man!"

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. green has value but to suggest he is more important than Durant is laughable. You ask about their ability to go small? You don't think that has something to do with Durant? In the words of Keyshon Johsnon, "Come on man!"

He doesn't have more value as a player no. But in the sense of the bet, it makes the most sense to pick only one of the two main scorers on the team, not both. The Warriors can still win a series against the Rockets with just one of their two best players. It would be an extremely tough task, but with a shot.

Without one of Curry or Durant, the game play for the Warriors doesn't alter much. It alters more arguably if Steph is missing rather than Durant. Again, that's not indicative of player value. However the game plan changes dramatically if Draymond is missing. It alters pretty much everything the Warriors do from top to bottom. It alters their defensive scheme, it alters their ability to go small, it alters their ability to defend switches, it alters their ability to run 3 prolific scorers off the ball, etc, etc.

Durant missing would be huge, no doubt about it. But you could plug in a guy in his place and schematically not change much. There would be a huge production drop off, but you wouldn't have to alter a game plan dramatically. The same can't be said if you're missing Draymond. It doesn't mean Draymond is the better player. It means that without him you can't be successful against the Rockets.

Also since it's too late for you to change, I would have picked just one between Harden and Paul and the second player be Clint Capela. The Rockets have no shot against the Warriors without Capela. With the offensive firepower and wing players they have, they would still be competitive against the Warriors missing one of Paul or Harden.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have more value as a player no. But in the sense of the bet, it makes the most sense to pick only one of the two main scorers on the team, not both. The Warriors can still win a series against the Rockets with just one of their two best players. It would be an extremely tough task, but with a shot.

Without one of Curry or Durant, the game play for the Warriors doesn't alter much. It alters more arguably if Steph is missing rather than Durant. Again, that's not indicative of player value. However the game plan changes dramatically if Draymond is missing. It alters pretty much everything the Warriors do from top to bottom. It alters their defensive scheme, it alters their ability to go small, it alters their ability to defend switches, it alters their ability to run 3 prolific scorers off the ball, etc, etc.

Durant missing would be huge, no doubt about it. But you could plug in a guy in his place and schematically not change much. There would be a huge production drop off, but you wouldn't have to alter a game plan dramatically. The same can't be said if you're missing Draymond. It doesn't mean Draymond is the better player. It means that without him you can't be successful against the Rockets.

Also since it's too late for you to change, I would have picked just one between Harden and Paul and the second player be Clint Capela. The Rockets have no shot against the Warriors without Capela. With the offensive firepower and wing players they have, they would still be competitive against the Warriors missing one of Paul or Harden.
That's fair. As for Capela, I thought about him but the Rockets have zero chance of winning if either Paul or Hardin is missing so I think I'm good there.