• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Montalban's Official Bitch About tHe Warriors Superthread

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But as this excerpt form an article from SFGate.com points out, effort, just as I said it was, was the key problem for the Warriors.

""This season, it was a bit surprising when the Warriors languished toward the bottom of the league in defensive efficiency over their first seven games. More than anything schematic, the problem was rooted in effort""

Who said anything about defensive effort? I'm talking about effort period for both defense and offense. And I was under the impression that it was you who ridiculed the idea that the Warriors were not giving full effort. And all that stuff Trojan was saying may be true, but in this case it was a lack of effort by the Warriors

You just did. I mean...I have no words. The quote you references was just in regards to defense. They're at an all time league record high right now in Offensive rating. (or were as of a few days ago).

Nope, go back and look at my posts and I said very clearly that they needed to step up their intensity. It's when I tried to give the Rockets any credit for going small and exploiting the Warriors that you said it was ridiculous. This was just from page 2 of this thread:

It's 3 games in. The Warriors only had 5 pre-season games, where some teams I believe had 7 or 8, and also included a trip to China. That means limited practice time and limited in-game conditioning.

I do agree with you on the defensive side though. Their effort has either been bad, or their IQ has not been where it needs to be. This will need to be sorted out and I have every reason to believe it will.

But you literally only show up when the Warriors have a bad game or even a sloppy effort in a win. So no one takes you seriously with your "full blast".

Never once have I excused any lack of effort. It's where I've tried to give teams credit for exploiting the Warriors at opportune times that you've had issues with what I've said.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just did. I mean...I have no words. The quote you references was just in regards to defense. They're at an all time league record high right now in Offensive rating. (or were as of a few days ago).

Nope, go back and look at my posts and I said very clearly that they needed to step up their intensity. It's when I tried to give the Rockets any credit for going small and exploiting the Warriors that you said it was ridiculous. This was just from page 2 of this thread:

Never once have I excused any lack of effort. It's where I've tried to give teams credit for exploiting the Warriors at opportune times that you've had issues with what I've said.
Fair enough. The particle does specifically say "defensive" when talking about lack of effort. The hoisting of threes and heading back down court, the lack of ball movement, screening and moving without the ball all seemed like lack of effort on the offensive side to me as well. Its been much better the last few games.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect this young Wolves team to take it to the Warriors tonight by out hustling them and playing with the fire the Dubs don't seem to have. Ripe for an upset here. I see the Wolves getting tons of second chance opportunities by dominating the O glass and simply just out-efforting the Warriors.
The game may not even be close.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping for an entertaining game tonight.

In theory, the Wolves have a couple of perfect weapons for battling the Warriors in Butler and KAT.

Both teams have been on a roll, this might be the best match-up of the season so far in terms of that.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors are playing better than I thought they would but still doing nothing on offense but hoisting threes. They need to develop an inside game. Missing too many threes.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Durant its going to be tough for the Warriors to play inside. His injury actually may help the Warriors in this game though. Without him they know they have to get serious and play hard. They could still win this one but the Wolves being down only one point while shooting a horrendous 31% from the field does not bode well for the Warriors. They eventually will start hitting shots and will pull away from the Dubs when they do.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor shooting continues for the Warriors. Nothing but three attempts. No offensive scheme, no ball movement. Can't afford to be sloppy with the ball today. Gotta hang in there and hope to get lucky at the end.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iguodala came to play today.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good little stretch there. Dubs by 10. Nice to see them play hard and pick up the slack for their best player being gone.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Durant its going to be tough for the Warriors to play inside. His injury actually may help the Warriors in this game though. Without him they know they have to get serious and play hard. They could still win this one but the Wolves being down only one point while shooting a horrendous 31% from the field does not bode well for the Warriors. They eventually will start hitting shots and will pull away from the Dubs when they do.

Another quality prediction from Montalban

RezgJMj.gif

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great third quarter. Great teamwork. Up 18. Let's see if they can hang on and put these guys away. One more quarter of focus and intensity will do it.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another quality prediction from Montalban

RezgJMj.gif
Actually my most astute observation came earlier when I saw that playing without Durant could actually help the team tonight. This looks like a much more focused group. I like this kind of team effort.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very nice give and go there.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lead cut to 15 with two quick Warrior turnovers. Good time for a timeout.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great team effort. They really picked up the intensity without Durant. Like to see this. Team basketball is where its at.
Kerr musta got on them at the half about the three balls flying everywhere. really looked good in the 2nd half.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Young showed up when they needed him tonight after disappearing for the past few games.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called this one once I saw Durant was out. I do know this game of basketball, do I not?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job tonight. The bench played well.