• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MNF: Giants vs Bears

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ LOL.... you're the better GM than I!

Giants lost another CB in Whiterspoon along with Austin for the season...

I wonder if the Giants will talk to Eagles for Samual?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ LOL.... you're the better GM than I!

Giants lost another CB in Whiterspoon along with Austin for the season...

I wonder if the Giants will talk to Eagles for Samual?

They have been hit hard! I just saw the Austin injury, he was someone that looked like a great pick-up for them. Obviously, he can still have a great career but it's always a big blow to get a season ending injury.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Man, sucks to be a Giants fan this preseason. I was really really really really really really really really really really really really upset the Niners didn't get Austin. Hey! Maybe they'll trade him for a CB now!??! :)

Don't!
...Stop!
...Thinkin' about tommorow!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, sucks to be a Giants fan this preseason. I was really really really really really really really really really really really really upset the Niners didn't get Austin. Hey! Maybe they'll trade him for a CB now!??! :)

Don't!
...Stop!
...Thinkin' about tommorow!

I sense frustration on missing out on Austin.... that's what my pyshic prowlness tweeted....

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
throw in... i wanna say.... Calais Campell?

DING DING DING! Good memory Calamity. Campbell was the guy I thought we'd regret missing the most. I wanted to run my car over a nun after that draft. Believe it or not I was pissed the Niners didn't draft Carl Nicks too, and I went on many a rant about how his off field "problem" was complete nonsense and a non-issue.

To be fair I was extremely high on Bruce Davis too. But he taught me to always be wary of UCLA players.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DING DING DING! Good memory Calamity. Campbell was the guy I thought we'd regret missing the most. I wanted to run my car over a nun after that draft. Believe it or not I was pissed the Niners didn't draft Carl Nicks too, and I went on many a rant about how his off field "problem" was complete nonsense and a non-issue.

To be fair I was extremely high on Bruce Davis too. But he taught me to always be wary of UCLA players.

I remember your Nicks crush too, but I think Orakpo was real love...forgot about Campbell. I'm sure there's some in there you missed on, but my dementia is setting in. :)

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:drum: :thrasher: :hippie:

The game is won in the film room.....

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I remember your Nicks crush too, but I think Orakpo was real love...forgot about Campbell. I'm sure there's some in there you missed on, but my dementia is setting in.

There are plenty on whom I've missed over the years. I picked Matt Ryan & Percy Harvin as my bust picks in '08 & '09. Like I said I really liked Bruce Davis (but he made me wary of Price in Tampa). I loved Chad Henne in the 2nd, and so far that isn't quite working out. We'll see...

But the 2008 draft was not a happy day for me. Here's what I would've done:

1) Traded back into round 2
2a) Campbell
2b) Henne
3) Pat Sims
4) Since Bruce Davis would've been gone I would've taken take Nicks here

Didn't have really strong opinions about rounds 6 & 7 that year like I did last year w/ George Selvie. Really liked the Bruce Miller pick though; he was about the only guy left who even slightly interested me in round 7 after Demarcus Love was gone a round earlier.

...ahhhh memories. Horrible, rage stirring memories. :(

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Sims... wow forgot about that guy... I guess he wasn't as good as advertised coming into that draft.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I liked Cliff Avril too, but I would've taken a DL over an OLB...

I haven't really followed Pat Sims' career all that closely. Is he that bad? Seemed like pretty good value in the 3rd round at the time.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Cliff Avril too, but I would've taken a DL over an OLB...

I haven't really followed Pat Sims' career all that closely. Is he that bad? Seemed like pretty good value in the 3rd round at the time.

I remember Sims being a popular player of discussion amongst us back in the day.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember your Nicks crush too, but I think Orakpo was real love...forgot about Campbell. I'm sure there's some in there you missed on, but my dementia is setting in.

There are plenty on whom I've missed over the years. I picked Matt Ryan & Percy Harvin as my bust picks in '08 & '09. Like I said I really liked Bruce Davis (but he made me wary of Price in Tampa). I loved Chad Henne in the 2nd, and so far that isn't quite working out. We'll see...

But the 2008 draft was not a happy day for me. Here's what I would've done:

1) Traded back into round 2
2a) Campbell
2b) Henne
3) Pat Sims
4) Since Bruce Davis would've been gone I would've taken take Nicks here

Didn't have really strong opinions about rounds 6 & 7 that year like I did last year w/ George Selvie. Really liked the Bruce Miller pick though; he was about the only guy left who even slightly interested me in round 7 after Demarcus Love was gone a round earlier.

...ahhhh memories. Horrible, rage stirring memories. :(

I remember that quite well. I was a big fan of Selvie myself. He had a pretty good year last year. The Robert Quinn pick hurt him, though. Maybe he becomes available at some point?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Selvie has to play good and become somewhat of a presence/impact player for the Rams....

( I was rooting for Selvie in the later rounds as well)