• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Trade Deadline Thread

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cesar.preto..mariners needed that guy..ouuch

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting. wonder, given their defensive issues, if they went with him instead of going for wong with us. or are they going to get rid of both chang and arroyo and replace both with Urias and Wong maybe? I mean, Chang didn't have a great AB against Brash last night (lol) but Arroyo's play in the 8th was tragic. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting. wonder, given their defensive issues, if they went with him instead of going for wong with us. or are they going to get rid of both chang and arroyo and replace both with Urias and Wong maybe? I mean, Chang didn't have a great AB against Brash last night (lol) but Arroyo's play in the 8th was tragic. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
We wouldn't be getting anything back for Wong other than cash considerations anyway is my guess.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series showed why everyone and their mother said the Angels needed to trade Ohtani. Next years Angels are going to be worse than this years A’s.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series showed why everyone and their mother said the Angels needed to trade Ohtani. Next years Angels are going to be worse than this years A’s.
what did they say tonight, something like they traded 12 players at the deadline to make run...ouch.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what did they say tonight, something like they traded 12 players at the deadline to make run...ouch.
Not only are the Angels going to lose Ohtani and most of their team but I would put a decent wager on that Mike Trout will be traded to the Mets in the off-season

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only are the Angels going to lose Ohtani and most of their team but I would put a decent wager on that Mike Trout will be traded to the Mets in the off-season
I was just thinking tonight he would as for a trade. I didn't think Mets, but that makes sense.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just thinking tonight he would as for a trade. I didn't think Mets, but that makes sense.
I only think the Mets cause Trout is getting up there is years and Cohen loves spending money, isn’t getting Ohtani so can’t imagine he is going to sit back for a mini rebuild.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only think the Mets cause Trout is getting up there is years and Cohen loves spending money, isn’t getting Ohtani so can’t imagine he is going to sit back for a mini rebuild.
Man I can't even read your posts without feeling bad. WSU got fucked. I honestly hope if the Apple Cup continues, it's a non-conference game and UW pays a shitload to play it.

Had to get that off my chest.

That being said, honestly Cohen's pockets run deep. If he throws $600m at Ohtani, would you be surprised?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to Ohtani, I have two weird feelings:

1. If the Mariners offered him $400m, he'd come here.
2. Mariners ownership will either low ball him, or not even offer him anything.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I can't even read your posts without feeling bad. WSU got fucked. I honestly hope if the Apple Cup continues, it's a non-conference game and UW pays a shitload to play it.

Had to get that off my chest.

That being said, honestly Cohen's pockets run deep. If he throws $600m at Ohtani, would you be surprised?
Eh, we knew it was going to happen once USC left. But hell no, Apple Cup and all athletics against UW should be done. I’ll man up and admit I’m petty, UW can run off to the B1G and give us the huge divorce settlement. But in no way should WSU help UW save money in travel for any Olympic or non revenue sports.

What I don’t get, is Husky fans open excitement. I get if it is a behind the doors excitement but I don’t get the cheering of being treated beneath Rutgers. For sure UW will make more money but you aren’t getting your worth.

I wouldn’t be surprised but the Pirates have the exact same chance as the Mets do of signing Ohtani, which is kind of why I bet he trades for Trout. Both NY teams are going to have massive issues next year and I would bet he’d rather get the positive news of trading for Trout as opposed to the Yankees fans who want everyone fired.

Won’t pretend to know so I’ll say there is a 1% chance of Ohtani signing with the Mets but every “insider” has said he wants to be on the West Coast and it comes down to the Dodgers…………….Giants/Mariners. All 3 really have done the same thing in terms of setting their roster up for budgeting 2024 to include Ohtani.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to Ohtani, I have two weird feelings:

1. If the Mariners offered him $400m, he'd come here.
2. Mariners ownership will either low ball him, or not even offer him anything.
I don’t think $400 million would get a callback honestly depending on the years. Not my money but I’ve floated on here that the Mariners first offer should be 3 years $300 million then from there subtract $25 million a year per year like 4/$375 etc. For sure he should get more money than those two soccer players who signed with Saudi Arabia and American/western sports owners need to nut up and curb that trend (IMO)

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think $400 million would get a callback honestly depending on the years. Not my money but I’ve floated on here that the Mariners first offer should be 3 years $300 million then from there subtract $25 million a year per year like 4/$375 etc. For sure he should get more money than those two soccer players who signed with Saudi Arabia and American/western sports owners need to nut up and curb that trend (IMO)
3 years .300 mil that .is outrageous..
Even ..
Mariners ..are much bigger cheap skates..than .that....
I would not even give an offer..
Cuz they beat the angels .
Sweeped them..
Does this give you ...,
A clue...

Omg

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 years .300 mil that .is outrageous..
Even ..
Mariners ..are much bigger cheap skates..than .that....
I would not even give an offer..
Cuz they beat the angels .
Sweeped them..
Does this give you ...,
A clue...

Omg
It’s not outrageous. The Mariners ownership group can afford a $100 million dollar a year player with how much profit they have. Plus a 3 year 300 million dollar deal gives an out for both the Mariners if he gets hurts and for Ohtani if hitting in TMobile hurts his offense.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, we knew it was going to happen once USC left. But hell no, Apple Cup and all athletics against UW should be done. I’ll man up and admit I’m petty, UW can run off to the B1G and give us the huge divorce settlement. But in no way should WSU help UW save money in travel for any Olympic or non revenue sports.

What I don’t get, is Husky fans open excitement. I get if it is a behind the doors excitement but I don’t get the cheering of being treated beneath Rutgers. For sure UW will make more money but you aren’t getting your worth.

I wouldn’t be surprised but the Pirates have the exact same chance as the Mets do of signing Ohtani, which is kind of why I bet he trades for Trout. Both NY teams are going to have massive issues next year and I would bet he’d rather get the positive news of trading for Trout as opposed to the Yankees fans who want everyone fired.

Won’t pretend to know so I’ll say there is a 1% chance of Ohtani signing with the Mets but every “insider” has said he wants to be on the West Coast and it comes down to the Dodgers…………….Giants/Mariners. All 3 really have done the same thing in terms of setting their roster up for budgeting 2024 to include Ohtani.
I really hope the Apple Cup continues for the sake of tradition, but I'd completely understand if it didn't. As I said, if it is a non-conference game, hopefully WSU gets a ton of money out of us. I can't speak for WSU fans, but I'm pretty sure most UW fans also want WSU to be successful. I root for WSU in every game they aren't playing UW.

As someone who is excited - and sad - about the move for UW is multi-faceted. 1. I was worried we'd be in the situation that OSU, WSU, Stanford and Cal are in right now if we didn't join the Big Ten. 2. We're joining what is now arguably the best conference in the country. Even though UW isn't in the same conversation as Penn State, Michigan and Ohio State, it'll be cool to play those teams regularly. 3. I'm not concerned about the reduced revenue share because it's still more than if we would've stayed with the PAC or joined the Big 12, additionally it's not permanent.

I've never really given the idea of Mike Trout being traded much thought. He arguably had one of the best runs of all time between 2012-2020, but he's injury prone, starting to decline slightly, on the wrong side of 30 and owed an additional $260m. I'm not trying to knock Trout at all, but I can't see him aging well.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting take. I think the biggest risk with a contract like that is if he has Tommy John surgery, enjoy spending $100m a year for a guy to recover from that.

Ohtani's situation is so unique that I honestly have absolutely no idea what it would take to get him. There's never been anyone like him.

I don't know if this is possible, but if the Mariners want to get creative, perhaps offer him an equity stake in ownership that he receives after retirement. If they don't want to pony up the money to pay what he's worth, that could be an option. Don't know if it has ever been done or if it's even an option though.