• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB pick ems discussion 2016

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations to @obxyankeefan and @rmilia1 for taking the prizes for most wins and best qualifying percentage.

I finished 3rd in wins and 5th in percentage, and now that the season's done, I'm going to give you all the complicated details of the super-duper top secret projection system that I used to achieve this slightly better than mediocre status...

In '15, I came up with a pretty complicated system where I was picking individual games based on starting pitchers' ability and average innings per start, teams' offensive total runs scored, bullpen strength, bullpen usage/over-usage over the previous three days, and the teams' record over the last ten games.

I had a month where I was kicking ass - I think I won two weeks and placed high the others - and I thought my system was the shit. Then I went on a 3-726 slump and realized my system meant fuckall, I was wasting a fair amount of time making the picks daily, and I decided that in 2015, I was going simple.

So this year, every Monday morning, I'd pick all the games for the week. I would pick series not games, so if the Mets had a three game series against the Braves, I would pick the same team to win all three games. I would make my choice based on which team had a better record, unless the team with the lesser record was the Indians - I always took the Indians.

I call it my semi-trained monkey projection system and it beat most of you non-trained monkeys.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations to @obxyankeefan and @rmilia1 for taking the prizes for most wins and best qualifying percentage.

I finished 3rd in wins and 5th in percentage, and now that the season's done, I'm going to give you all the complicated details of the super-duper top secret projection system that I used to achieve this slightly better than mediocre status...

In '15, I came up with a pretty complicated system where I was picking individual games based on starting pitchers' ability and average innings per start, teams' offensive total runs scored, bullpen strength, bullpen usage/over-usage over the previous three days, and the teams' record over the last ten games.

I had a month where I was kicking ass - I think I won two weeks and placed high the others - and I thought my system was the shit. Then I went on a 3-726 slump and realized my system meant fuckall, I was wasting a fair amount of time making the picks daily, and I decided that in 2015, I was going simple.

So this year, every Monday morning, I'd pick all the games for the week. I would pick series not games, so if the Mets had a three game series against the Braves, I would pick the same team to win all three games. I would make my choice based on which team had a better record, unless the team with the lesser record was the Indians - I always took the Indians.

I call it my semi-trained monkey projection system and it beat most of you non-trained monkeys.
Solid. My system was I always took the Cubs and never took the Braves, A'S or Twins. I pretty much then just took the team with the better record. It was pretty intricate lol

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let me guess here. Your father was named Shonder Birns and you were near the car and bumped your head?