• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Bucket & Cap Draft QF1 : WLK vs Sushi

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WLK3’s Speed Demons

BATTING ORDER
1. Rickey Henderson (R) - LF - $10 (6) - A's
2. Eddie Collins (L) - 2B - $15 (4) - White Sox
3. Mike Piazza (R) - C - $12 (5) - Mets
4. Reggie Jackson (L) - RF - $14 (2) - Angels
5. Fred McGriff (L) - DH - $5 (5) - Rays (Platoon)
6. Norm Cash (L) - 1B - $5 (5) - Tigers
7. Darrell Evans (L) - 3B - $2 (2) - Braves (Platoon)
8. Barry Larkin (R) - SS - $12 (6) - Reds
9. Ichiro Suzuki (L) - CF - $10 (3) Mariners

BENCH
Juan Gonzalez (R) - PH/DH - $3 (1) - Rangers (Platoon)
Pedro Guerrero (R) - PH/3B - $5 (5) - Dodgers (Platoon)
Willie McGee (B) - PR/OF - $4 (4) - Giants
Juan Pierre (L) - PR - $1 (6) - Marlins
Darrell Porter (L) - C - $4 (2) - Royals

ROTATION
1. Pedro Martinez (R) - $8 (4) - Nationals
2. Bob Gibson (R) - $8 (2) - Cardinals
3. Steve Carlton (L) - $10 (3) - Phillies
4. Mordecai Brown (R) - $15 (1) - Cubs
5. C.C. Sabathia (L) - $6 (6) - Indians

BULLPEN
Trevor Hoffman (R) - $7 (3) - Padres (Closer)
Roy Face (R) - $3 (1) - Pirates
Ellis Kinder (R) - $1 (4) - RedSox
Dave Righetti (L) - $2 (3) - Yankees
B. J. Ryan (L) - $2 (1) - Orioles

VS

HERE FISHY FISHY FISHY

BATTING ORDER
1. Paul Molitor (R) - 2B - $7 (4) - Brewers
2. George Sisler (L) - 1B - $15 (1) Orioles
3. Alex Rodriguez (R) - SS - $14 (3) - Mariners
4. Mel Ott (L) - RF - $15 (4) - Giants
5. Frank Thomas (R) - 1B - $5 (4) - White Sox
6. Chipper Jones (B) - 3B - $8 (2) - Braves
7. Andre Dawson (R) - CF - $8 (1) - Cubs
8. Jorge Posada (B) - C - $5 (3) - Yankees
9. Goose Goslin (L) - LF - $15 (5) - Tigers

BENCH
Carlos Delgado (L) - 1B - $2 (2) - Blue Jays
Al Rosen (R) - 3B - $4 (6) - Indians
Eric Young (R) - PR/2B - $1 (6) - Rockies
Jason Kendall (R) - C - $3 (1) - Pirates
Dave Parker (L) - RF - $7 (6) - Reds

ROTATION
1. Roger Clemens (R) - $11 (4) - Red Sox
2. Grover Cleveland Alexander (R) - $15 (2) - Cardinals
3. Eddie Plank (L) - $15 (6) - A's
4. Don Sutton (R) - $4 (5) - Dodgers
5. Mike Cuellar (L) - $4 (5) - Astros

BULLPEN
Rollie Fingers (R) - $7 (3) - Padres
Randy Myers (L) - $4 (5) - Mets
Troy Percival (R) - $4 (2) - Angels
Ron Perranoski (L) - $1 (3) - Twins
Jeff Russell (R) - $2 (1) - Rangers

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WLK - 4
SUSHI -

VOTED - Ritzy, WLK, Robot, UK

Race to 5

Last edited:

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like WLKs lineup better but Sushi’s rotation better. Bench & Bullpen I got a slight lean towards WLK. So I got WLK winning a close matchup.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got me... I really think my 1,2,8,9 cause problems on the bases and forces mistakes and feel I have some really good pop in the middle... I like my defense up the middle infield and out and infiled corners are both nice... I feel my bench is very purposeful and like my BP... I think my pitching and base running is what ultimately gives me the wins...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looking at this one a little closer, how the hell was this a sweep?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like my 3-8 as a whole was significantly better than WLK's. Even with respects to his 9-1-2 guys, for my team I had guys who averaged .316, .306 and .340. I had 3 straight guys at the top with great averages to set the table and a bunch of pop and average up the middle. They didn't have WLK's speed, but Goslin swipe 176 bags, Molitor 504 and Sisler 375, which is all I need with the power up the middle. And they had a combined 584 career home runs too.

His rotation is better, but I disagree that his BP is better and even his bench.

Just my .02.

Also if you voted against me, I'd love to know why so I can try to figure out how to draft a better team next time. Maybe my perception is off on certain things.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like I have a great defensive team as well as pitching... imo the BPs are close but imo my 3,4,5 (starters) are much better... I think we’re getting to a point where we are saying every time such and such hits it’s a Homerun, which isn’t the case... we do have great hitters, but these pitchers aren’t going to give up bombs much like the point that Reggie White isn’t going to get a sack every play... that being the case, for me at least, I have great base runners with solid hitters in the middle... those hitters who are power hitters as well will give me different ways to score... whether SAC flies or Homeruns... I think you add defense to the equation and it gives me more of an edge because my pitchers aren’t going to strike every one out just like home run hitters won’t always hit home runs... not saying you don’t have some great defenders but in the key spots I have multiple gold glove winners... for me it is a whole team effort that makes my team great and the defense wins championships mantra applies...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like I have a great defensive team as well as pitching... imo the BPs are close but imo my 3,4,5 are much better... I think we’re getting to a point where we are saying every time such and such hits it’s a Homerun, which isn’t the case... we do have great hitters, but these pitchers are going to give up bombs much like the point that Reggie White isn’t going to get a sack every play... that being the case, for me at least, I have great base runners with solid hitters in the middle... those hitters who are power hitters as well will give me different ways to score... whether SAC flies or Homeruns... I think you add defense to the equation and it gives me more of an edge because my pitchers aren’t going to strike every one out just like home run hitters won’t always hit home runs... not saying you don’t have some great defenders but in the key spots I have multiple gold glove winners... for me it is a whole team effort that makes my team great and the defense wins championships mantra applies...
that does make sense imo. Starting pitching tends to be undervalued imo. Bull pen can be too especially when you look at innings pitched complete games etc...But Im generally more of a defense guy. I could have gone either way on this one.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like I have a great defensive team as well as pitching... imo the BPs are close but imo my 3,4,5 (starters) are much better... I think we’re getting to a point where we are saying every time such and such hits it’s a Homerun, which isn’t the case... we do have great hitters, but these pitchers aren’t going to give up bombs much like the point that Reggie White isn’t going to get a sack every play... that being the case, for me at least, I have great base runners with solid hitters in the middle... those hitters who are power hitters as well will give me different ways to score... whether SAC flies or Homeruns... I think you add defense to the equation and it gives me more of an edge because my pitchers aren’t going to strike every one out just like home run hitters won’t always hit home runs... not saying you don’t have some great defenders but in the key spots I have multiple gold glove winners... for me it is a whole team effort that makes my team great and the defense wins championships mantra applies...

I get that your rotation overall is better(and not disagreeing), but isn't it going to be relative to the rosters they're facing. Like my pitchers might not be as great as yours, but they're not facing my lineup either and vice versa.

IMO I think looking at it like your 1 is better than my 1 is not a true indicator of strength of team. It's gotta be your #1 vs my offense and my #1 vs your offense.

So if Sabbathia is better than say Cuellar for arguments sake, how much better is Sabbathia against my roster versus Cuellar against yours. Like-wise Clemens vs your offense and Pedro against mine. Alexander against yours and Gibson against mine. Etc.

Also I'm not just indicating the power of my team, A-Rod had a career average of .296. Ott, Thomas and Chipper all above .300 for their careers. Dawson was .287. 6 of my 9 guys are career .300 hitters or better. So I'm not relying on them to just hit jacks every time. They're going to hit. Versus your career averages of Norm Cash, Evans, Jackson, etc.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that does make sense imo. Starting pitching tends to be undervalued imo. Bull pen can be too especially when you look at innings pitched complete games etc...But Im generally more of a defense guy. I could have gone either way on this one.

I’m guilty of it too... I’m trying to get back to my original mindset when I came into these and that’s defense always has a chance... I’m not saying we should ignore offense but I’ll take the stand and say a lot of times (especially when I’m in a hurry which is wrong) I look at star power and ignore important stuff... like you said these starters even old timers who threw completely games all the time can’t do that here... you’re looking at 6 innings tops for a guy like Walter Johnson on a good day... what I’ve learned is you don’t want the same batter to see you more than twice a game or his got you... which means you need a BP, and since it won’t always be a Homerun you gotta have defenders who make amazing plays that would normally be a hit... so I’m trying to find the balance in all sports and votes from here out, and also draft with that in mind...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m guilty of it too... I’m trying to get back to my original mindset when I came into these and that’s defense always has a chance... I’m not saying we should ignore offense but I’ll take the stand and say a lot of times (especially when I’m in a hurry which is wrong) I look at star power and ignore important stuff... like you said these starters even old timers who threw completely games all the time can’t do that here... you’re looking at 6 innings tops for a guy like Walter Johnson on a good day... what I’ve learned is you don’t want the same batter to see you more than twice a game or his got you... which means you need a BP, and since it won’t always be a Homerun you gotta have defenders who make amazing plays that would normally be a hit... so I’m trying to find the balance in all sports and votes from here out, and also draft with that in mind...
But I had kenny often who has a 100 yard vertical jump :noidea:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that your rotation overall is better(and not disagreeing), but isn't it going to be relative to the rosters they're facing. Like my pitchers might not be as great as yours, but they're not facing my lineup either and vice versa.

IMO I think looking at it like your 1 is better than my 1 is not a true indicator of strength of team. It's gotta be your #1 vs my offense and my #1 vs your offense.

So if Sabbathia is better than say Cuellar for arguments sake, how much better is Sabbathia against my roster versus Cuellar against yours. Like-wise Clemens vs your offense and Pedro against mine. Alexander against yours and Gibson against mine. Etc.

Also I'm not just indicating the power of my team, A-Rod had a career average of .296. Ott, Thomas and Chipper all above .300 for their careers. Dawson was .287. 6 of my 9 guys are career .300 hitters or better. So I'm not relying on them to just hit jacks every time. They're going to hit. Versus your career averages of Norm Cash, Evans, Jackson, etc.

That’s exactly what I’m saying or at least trying to...

Addressing the average... so you look at Evans and his average is .248... but he’s 97-85 walks vs SO... he’s a guy that I expect to either walk, hit a bomb or hit a sac fly... so Dawson who’s average is .279 but his walk/SO is 36/92 his Homeruns are 438/27 per 162... Evans is 414/25 looking at it like that imo the average isn’t as telling as you would think... in fact a wise man (UK) told me to look at ops+ to get a better feel of how good a hitter is... Dawson 119 Evans 119... my phone died so let me address the rest

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You kinda lost me here... Not trying to start shit but your team is not a "great" defensive team.

Barry Larkin 3GG
Ichiro 10GG
Darrell Evans - Overshadowed in his prime by fellow National League third baseman Mike Schmidt, he has been described by author Bill James as "the most underrated player in baseball history, absolutely number one on the list",[1]primarily because his defensive skill, home run power, and ability to draw walks...

Evans - F% - .946 LF% .948 Range Factor/9 - 3.24 LRange Factor/9 - 2.91 Range factor/G - 3.05 LRF/G - 2.90
Schmidt - F% - .955 RF/9 - 3.15 RF - 3.00

Collins - F% - .970 LF% - .958
Gherenger - .976