• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB 1940-Present Salary Cap Draft Playoff : Hockey vs Nos

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a 400 home run hitter(Evans or Konkero)

A gold glove center fielder who can run, hit and gold glove(Gonzalez)

Dyson to strictly run

A 7 time gold glove catcher to shut down a run game late

And a utility infielder.

That is literally 110% what a manager looks for in a bench lol. A guy for everything.

Baseball is strategy. And anyone outside Gardy managing my team would roll with this.

Carlos Gonzalez is a below average player now, if you are gonna draft current players you cant pick and choose which player you are using.

Dyson was a bad pick, who needs a runnign game with the lineups we have? But thats just my opinion.

Boone again, I aint going to need to steal bases.

Who isn't any good.

Evans played 50 years thats why he has 400 HR's, I like him on the bench but come on he's a lifetime .248 hitter.

Konerko, again good player on the bench I have no isses with him aside from hating him as a Twins fan.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow see this is where your ignorance shine brightest.

You said he's 2300 hits away. Yet he's already at 728. So you want to be technical? Then be technical. Because he's going over 800 hits this year so that would be approaching 900

I guess that would be approaching 2,000 as well, fact is it hasn't happened yet and I dont play the wait and see game. My ignorance? You make it sound like hes this amazing hitter and hes hit over .290 once and has a career .339 OBP. You are way overvaluing him.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't have to sell me on Felix all time, he's there. Scherzer, pretty close. I like Altuve, Sale and Posey, but there's a little more futures market there. Could you sell me that Altuve will be Biggio? Maybe. Is he Jackie or Morgan? Can't say that yet

Completely agree with what your saying. But in this hypothetical match up you are getting who these guys are now anyways. Also I'd actually say Scherzer has more to prove than Sale. He's dominated ever since he's got here. Also Posey just wins.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that would be approaching 2,000 as well, fact is it hasn't happened yet and I dont play the wait and see game. My ignorance? You make it sound like hes this amazing hitter and hes hit over .290 once and has a career .339 OBP. You are way overvaluing him.

Says the the guy who put him lead off lol. See my full post on that. Stupid site took forever to finish it.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the the guy who put him lead off lol. See my full post on that. Stupid site took forever to finish it.

I only posted three times if you want me to change your lineups or rotation order let me know. you could have told me at any point to make a change and you didnt. Dont blame me!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlos Gonzalez is a below average player now, if you are gonna draft current players you cant pick and choose which player you are using.

Dyson was a bad pick, who needs a runnign game with the lineups we have? But thats just my opinion.

Boone again, I aint going to need to steal bases.

Who isn't any good.

Evans played 50 years thats why he has 400 HR's, I like him on the bench but come on he's a lifetime .248 hitter.

Konerko, again good player on the bench I have no isses with him aside from hating him as a Twins fan.

Evans had a .360ish OBP he walks. And he hits guys like Seaver and Niekro that's why he's there.

Benches really don't matter exactly. Most of my guys ain't coming out. That's the whole point. So if Thome or Posey are on late to win a game. Put dyson in. Win it right there if it's a must.

CarGo is far from below average lol.

But yeah if you take RiGHT now as strictly this half season then please do. His right now on my bench is fine if we take Sale in Pedro mode, Scherzer and his historic K/BB rate and McCutchen usual MVP type campaign RIGHT NOW!!!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evans played 21 years the same as Murray lol.

And Evans first 2 years were not full years, was hurt in the middle and he actually had some of his best power years later on.

You make it sound like the guy was a Jamie Moyer and just lingered til he was 50 compiling a few stats each year.

He was producing.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evans had a .360ish OBP he walks. And he hits guys like Seaver and Niekro that's why he's there.

Benches really don't matter exactly. Most of my guys ain't coming out. That's the whole point. So if Thome or Posey are on late to win a game. Put dyson in. Win it right there if it's a must.

CarGo is far from below average lol.

But yeah if you take RiGHT now as strictly this half season then please do. His right now on my bench is fine if we take Sale in Pedro mode, Scherzer and his historic K/BB rate and McCutchen usual MVP type campaign RIGHT NOW!!!

Evans career vs Neikro .248 AVG vs Seaver .237 yeah he hit 'em all right! He was real good against Fred Norman though, thank God I didn't pick him!

Benches don't matter as much I agree but mine is still better if we are tied everywhere else my bench gives me the edge.

CarGo is hitting .259 his OBP is .314 his OPS+ is 97 which is below average and he's already made 4 errors in RF.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit yellin at me and go vote on the other games!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think Altuve or Posey had much to do with it. Great matchup of #1's, fair to say that's a split IMO. Game 2 starters would go twice, gotta believe Seaver beats Palmer twice. That puts Nos up 3-1. Don't think Hockey sweeps the 3-4-5 matchups, so I had Nos 4-3.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think Altuve or Posey had much to do with it. Great matchup of #1's, fair to say that's a split IMO. Game 2 starters would go twice, gotta believe Seaver beats Palmer twice. That puts Nos up 3-1. Don't think Hockey sweeps the 3-4-5 matchups, so I had Nos 4-3.

That's a fine way to look at it

At it but the issue is you are thinking Seaver beats Palmer.

Not Brett, Bonds, Robinson and Thome beat Seaver one time.

You really he's gonna walk through that middle of the order 3 times for 2 games in a week?

That's my issue with this. That lineup is going to hurt any pitcher if they get two cracks at it.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Seaver is one of the best of all time arguably the best right handed picther of the last 50 years but Palmer isn't far behind IMO...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Seaver and Palmer were facing the same hitters... Then duh.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Seaver and Palmer were facing the same hitters... Then duh.
I'm factoring that in. I said I liked your lineup better, and I do. But I think he also has the better bullpen, so if the Seaver-Palmer matchup got to the pen, he has an edge. Nos has a strong lineup as well

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson struggled against top pitching.

.167 vs Seaver
.071 vs Carlton

.238 vs Koufax
.258 vs Spahn
.147 vs Catfish
.229 vs Gibson
.226 vs Drysdale
.234 vs McLain
.262 vs Marichal

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson struggled against top pitching.

.167 vs Seaver
.071 vs Carlton

.238 vs Koufax
.258 vs Spahn
.147 vs Catfish
.229 vs Gibson
.226 vs Drysdale
.234 vs McLain
.262 vs Marichal
Most hitters do. Look at it this way. How many Seavers, Gibson's, Clemens, Koufax, Kershaw's etc are there per generation?
A major league hitter faces the #1 starter 20% of the time. The rest are 2-5's. Then factor in that these #1's and #2's arethe top 1-2 of all the #1's in the game. If hitters faced nothing but the best, averages would go down, not up IMO

Last edited:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Frank was bad against Seaver and Carlton. That's why Evans was huge cuz he had great success vs Seaver and Niekro.

Robinson also wasnt protected by Barry and Thome.

You just really lost me when you said your lineup was better. Then later say "with these lineups I don't need to steal". Shit, that was the one strength I really thought you had.

I got 3 guys that out do your clean up hitter lol.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Frank was bad against Seaver and Carlton. That's why Evans was huge cuz he had great success vs Seaver and Niekro.

You just really lost me when you said your lineup was better. Then later say "with these lineups I don't need to steal". Shit, that was the one strength I really thought you had.

Evans didnt have success I already showed he hit like .247 and .238 against Seaver and Lefty!

Protected? You didnt say that in your original post, Thome as protection you mean the guy who struck out more than anyone in the history of the game not named Reggie going against strikeout pitchers in Lefty and Seaver?

I said I DONT NEED to steal my lineup is perfect blend of OBP speed and power.

3 guys huh? McGwire has the best HR/AB ratio in the history of the game!

Not to mention my defense blows yours out of the water!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most hitters do

You would definitely have to run to score IMO

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evans didnt have success I already showed hit hit like .247 and .238 against Seaver and Lefty!

Protected? You didnt say that in your original post, Thome as protection you mean the guy who struck out more than anyone in the history of the game not named Reggie going against strikeout pitchers in Lefty and Seaver?

I said I DONT NEED to steal my lineup is perfect blend of OBP speed and power.

3 guys huh? McGwire has the best HR/AB ratio in the history of the game!

Not to mention my defense blows yours out of the water!

Your ignorance is fucking insane. Holy shit.

"OBP, speed and power".

Then you focus on Evans batting average when talking my team and not his OBP in power. Fucking incredible.

Yeah Thome is perfect protection. If you have more guys on(probably only 1 though since Bonds already cleared the bases). He gets on base and hits homers. With a guy already on you have to be that much more careful.

These guys didn't hit 600 dingers off Phil Hughes here lol.