• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MJ used Steroids?

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think chances are MJ used some form of PED. I also think chances are Lebron and Wade use. My guess.. and it's just that.. more than half the league uses. I really don't care who uses. I just don't. The only all-star caliber player that I would be shocked if they used was Reggie Miller.

Hahaha.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
marc-and-pau-gasol-yachting-full.jpg

Maybe the gasol brothers don't use either.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad you mentioned this...even if in a different thread. MJ retired twice remember? Maybe he was secretly banned from the league or maybe his body was wearing down and needed to recover from PED abuse?

and stop deflecting, either you can discuss this or you can't.

Or maybe he was laying low, until the heat of his dads mysterious death died down. I think his gambling debt had a lot to do with his fathers demise.

We'll never know.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You fuckin Heat fans will do and say anything to discredit Michael Jordan and other players to favor your lover boy James. Give it a rest already - Lebron is good, but trying to prove him to be the best by attacking other players is just crap and only discredits your fan base as Heat fans

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad you mentioned this...even if in a different thread. MJ retired twice remember? Maybe he was secretly banned from the league or maybe his body was wearing down and needed to recover from PED abuse?

**rolling eyes**

There is nothing more to discuss above / beyond what I wrote in my first post on this laughably desperate thread started by a scorned LeRoids fan.

ROFL

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stop right now and put the crack pipe down and walk away from it slowly - then call a professional and get some help because you are delusional

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see this discussion was over almost as soon as it started because we have a lot of sensitive little bitches afraid something might tarnish their child hood hero's name leaving them incapable of having a rational discussion instead resorting to deflecting accusations and name calling.

You fuckin Heat fans will do and say anything to discredit Michael Jordan and other players to favor your lover boy James. Give it a rest already - Lebron is good, but trying to prove him to be the best by attacking other players is just crap and only discredits your fan base as Heat fans

This has nothing to do with LBJ. How many threads have been started blatantly condemning Wade, LBJ etc for using steroids and you can not even discuss the thought that a lot of signs point to MJ using as well.

And regardless of MJs off court issues and what ever else I do not consider MJ 1 or 2 of all time. I also do not think LBJ could do anything to pass the 2 centers ahead of MJ. Fact is centers dominate the game a way no non center can. LBJ has a slight chance to change that only because it is a center depleted league these days.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always find the MJ as the " best ever" an interesting concept. Not saying its wrong but a lot of people seem to take it as a forgone conclusion or something. MJ doesnt have the most titles, doesnt have the most points/rebounds/steals/assists. Isnt the best shooter ever ( FT or FG ), wasnt really a good 3 point shooter, didnt really make players around him better to any great extent, I guess maybe you could say he was the best finisher ever but even that is up for debate IMO. I honestly think he is considered the best ever because he just happened to enter the league at EXACTLY the right time. Height of NBA popularity/exposure and he certainly is the best self promotoer ever. Anyway back to the PED talk!!!

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The use of PED's was (and maybe is) widespread in sports. We should not condemn the players for using, but the system for turning a blind eye. All these players that used PED's played against players that were using as well.

Example: If I were in on A baseball team, and I saw what Barry Bonds was doing (knowing he was using PED's), I would use to make it to AA.

Sports are very competitive at that level. I believe most players in all sports were using.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always find the MJ as the " best ever" an interesting concept. Not saying its wrong but a lot of people seem to take it as a forgone conclusion or something. MJ doesnt have the most titles, doesnt have the most points/rebounds/steals/assists. Isnt the best shooter ever ( FT or FG ), wasnt really a good 3 point shooter, didnt really make players around him better to any great extent, I guess maybe you could say he was the best finisher ever but even that is up for debate IMO. I honestly think he is considered the best ever because he just happened to enter the league at EXACTLY the right time. Height of NBA popularity/exposure and he certainly is the best self promotoer ever. Anyway back to the PED talk!!!

:wtf2: :laugh3:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ummm yeah. He didnt. At least not at the same level of 30-40 other guys in league history who have all done it better. Thats probably one of the least arguable points I made. MJ was a " me first " guy and thats OK but he wasnt a guy you start a team with. He is a guy you can build around and eventually be successful, not a guy you bring in and he makes other guys better.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls didnt even have a winning record til MJs 4th season in the league.... Guys that make other guys on the team substantially better dont take 4 years to have a plus .500 record. Just saying.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since people like to compare LBJ and MJ ( this is soley for comparison sake, Im not taking a side ). MJs teams improved 11 games in his first year with the team and reached a plus .500 record in his 4th season. LBJ's team improved 18 games in his first year and was plus .500 in his 2nd season.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since people like to compare LBJ and MJ ( this is soley for comparison sake, Im not taking a side ). MJs teams improved 11 games in his first year with the team and reached a plus .500 record in his 4th season. LBJ's team improved 18 games in his first year and was plus .500 in his 2nd season.

But how did the Bulls do after MJs first retirement? How did the Cavs do when LBJ left?

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to be a big guy to use PED's. Look at Lance Armstrong. He's still a small dude. And MJ did play baseball so there's that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But how did the Bulls do after MJs first retirement? How did the Cavs do when LBJ left?

Not a valid comparison. When MJ retired the first time, the Bulls roster remained pretty much intact and Phil Jackson was still their head coach.

When Lebron left Cleveland, 7 other players and the head coach, also left. They went 19-63.

A more accurate comparison would be MJ's 2nd retirement. The Bulls lost their head coach and several other players along with MJ. In a strike shortened season, they finished 13-37.