• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mitch McGary declares for the NBA

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFA I'm concerned the punishment does not fit the crime. He wasn't playing and losing an entire season or even half of a season for a single infraction is too harsh and doesn't work.

If the intent is to deter drug use, it doesn't work. Different drugs should have different punishments.

Performance enhancing drug use should have the harshest punishments. Drug use which helps a player relax, like marijuana, should have a lesser punishment. First offense should be requiring the player to go through an alternative therapy, like meditation, or banishing them from further participation in the playoffs, but suspending them for a full season doesn't work. They will just go pro, either to the NBA or overseas. Students can learn a lot in college, which will help them in their future professions, whether that's playing basketball or in the business world.

Since the NCAA rules goes through groups of old, white guys who are very rigid in their thinking, nothing will change.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, no. I was right about a lot of things. The only thing I was wrong about was that it was an NCAA test not a school test. But if you bothered to read the rest of the thread before responding you would have noticed that all of that had already been covered.

But thanks for repeating what's already been said.

BTW, are you high?

I respond to posts as I read them, I don't read the entire thread and go back and respond to them. I'm pretty sure this isn't the first and won't be the last time someone already covered what another poster covers. And I still don't see that anyone really covered what I did. And what I said was, you are 100% wrong about THAT meaning Michigan, not the NCAA was responsible for this test. That was the only thing that I said you were wrong about. I think the better question is are you high?

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embarrassing and disappointing. I don't feel like the punishment fits the crime but the kids know the consequences.

Wishing MM a healthy and productive career at the next level.

I am with you on this. This is one rule that obviously needs to change and not to the 1/2 season. I have no problem with them still testing for pot, still illegal. I don't think it should be but the fact is, it is illegal and they can test. MM should have got the standard punishment that Michigan gives out, just my opinion.

However he knew the rule and consequences and chose to break the rule. He seemed like a good kid and didn't get in any other trouble that I know of, I hope he does well.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respond to posts as I read them, I don't read the entire thread and go back and respond to them. I'm pretty sure this isn't the first and won't be the last time someone already covered what another poster covers. And I still don't see that anyone really covered what I did. And what I said was, you are 100% wrong about THAT meaning Michigan, not the NCAA was responsible for this test. That was the only thing that I said you were wrong about. I think the better question is are you high?

Do you also complain about movies ending poorly when they're half over?

And yes, H2S covered the exact thing that you pointed out... just a day earlier.... immediately following the very posts you responded to. Had you taken another 30 seconds to continue reading you likely would have noticed.

If you want to keep correcting people that have already been shown the error of their ways, perhaps you can jump on the forums at www.lung.org and remind everyone there that smoking is unhealthy. I think they only figured that out a few decades ago. You might need to remind them again.