• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

minor OF help?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm expecting to need OF help later this year. Waivers is bare, with names like Rajai Davis and Leonis Martin heading the free agents. I'm trying to find a trade, but not getting many bites for Shields.

For now, the guy who seems to interest me is Socrates Brito. I'm hoping he gets hot in Reno, and bounces back upon his return... that said, would that net me any gain over the Martins of the world?

Is there anyone obvious I'm not thinking about?

15 team, points, start four OF, these are my four.

Grichuk
Bruce
Span
Pillar

I don't mind this too much, but there's a chance I move Pillar for DeShields (not straight up) in another deal, and I'm scared for DeShields' PT mid summer.

Thoughts?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to say I like rajai davis... But you say you have pillar and Span, and will likely turn pillar into Deshields... you don't need that speedster pick up...

I am going to assume Michael taylor is not available, I like him...

Maybe if you fear deshields so much rajai davis can be your platoon with him and that is pretty damn good...

Biggest problem with prospects, is that you are not going to be the only one jumping on them... it is a race... is aaron Judge available??

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to say I like rajai davis... But you say you have pillar and Span, and will likely turn pillar into Deshields... you don't need that speedster pick up...

I am going to assume Michael taylor is not available, I like him...

Maybe if you fear deshields so much rajai davis can be your platoon with him and that is pretty damn good...

Biggest problem with prospects, is that you are not going to be the only one jumping on them... it is a race... is aaron Judge available??

Yup. Judge is there... that's interesting. Taylor is not, but he's on life support right now, imo with Revere coming back soon.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Judge is there... that's interesting. Taylor is not, but he's on life support right now, imo with Revere coming back soon.

With ellsbury and Carlos beltran injury history I think it is safe that Judge will get PA later this summer...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I can keep an eye on Winker too. This Schebler/Duvall show is not very appetizing... and Bruce is probably pretty attractive to a few teams right now.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With ellsbury and Carlos beltran injury history I think it is safe that Judge will get PA later this summer...

And A-Rod... hopefully Hicks doesn't play well and Swisher flops. I think they would both be ahead.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I can keep an eye on Winkler too. This Schebler/Duvall show is not very appetizing... and Bruce is probably pretty attractive to a few teams right now.

Yea, I wouldn't be opposed to trading bruce... But honestly, I wouldn't... the fantasy world doesn't believe in him, but if you look at his recent seasons, they haven't been as bad as people remember... I don't think you can get fair value for him...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I wouldn't be opposed to trading bruce... But honestly, I wouldn't... the fantasy world doesn't believe in him, but if you look at his recent seasons, they haven't been as bad as people remember... I don't think you can get fair value for him...

No I mean real baseball teams. :)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I mean real baseball teams. :)

same thing kind of... I don't think there is much interest in him... Which makes no sense, I see him making a transition to first base, and easily being a top 20 1B... playoff contenders like Washington, STL, Pittsburgh, Seattle, Cleveland should all jump on him IMO... Maybe even the Yankees if any of their OFs take extended time on the DL...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same thing kind of... I don't think there is much interest in him... Which makes no sense, I see him making a transition to first base, and easily being a top 20 1B... playoff contenders like Washington, STL, Pittsburgh, Seattle, Cleveland should all jump on him IMO... Maybe even the Yankees if any of their OFs take extended time on the DL...

idk, he was nearly dealt a couple times this off season/spring training... and now he's showing signs of old Bruce. And he still has great RF value with good range/arm.

I agree, Cleveland is so painfully obvious is almost surreal. Bauer, Clevinger to name a few.

..as far as my OF, I'm taking a shot at the Buxton owner... see what happens.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old Bruce, in a good way, not as in an aging vet.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing with Brito is, the way Tomas and Drury are playing right now, he might be stuck for awhile. I agree with Milk on Judge. Keep an eye on Lewis Brinson, the Rangers are lookin' for a chance to give him a shot.

How 'bout Oswaldo? Gonna strike out a ton, but he'll hit some homers. Maybe. ;)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing with Brito is, the way Tomas and Drury are playing right now, he might be stuck for awhile. I agree with Milk on Judge. Keep an eye on Lewis Brinson, the Rangers are lookin' for a chance to give him a shot.

How 'bout Oswaldo? Gonna strike out a ton, but he'll hit some homers. Maybe. ;)

I was thinking Brinson too, but I see Texas just to be so deep that I have no clue who will play...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking Brinson too, but I see Texas just to be so deep that I have no clue who will play...

Yeah. Same with a coupla Rockies, Dahl and Patterson. Smokin' it right now in the minors but nowhere to play, especially with Blackmon coming back.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... so much for that.

I accepted a different offer. Moved Cole and Kang for JD-Mart and Pineda.

Now I'm gonna have a headache between Span and Pillar every week.... until I can pawn one off.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Cole, but that's a good deal.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't "love" my draft, so kinda chickened out on my sleepers and team thread. (like anyone cares) ;)

C - Grandal
C - Wellington C (we start two C or one and a DH)
1B- Teixeira
2B- Baez (traded Rich Hill)
3B- Machado (14th overall)
SS- Gregorius (would have been on said sleeper list.... hope he gets back to last year's 2nd half)
MI- Danny Santana (just picked him up)
CI- Turner (another "sleeper" of mine)
OF- Grichuk (my break out pick this year)
OF- Bruce (my boy! ...looking like a bounce back)
OF- JD Mart (as mentioned)
OF- Span (doesn't K, big in a points league)
DH- empty (see Catcher.... Bautista was my 2nd rounder, but was offered Cole, Kluber and Devin Travis and accepted)
UT- Forsythe (util must be multi-positional player)

SP- Strasburg
SP- Archer
SP- Kluber
SP- Verlander
SP- Pineda
RP- Kenley
RP- Kimbrel

Bench: Travis, Pillar, Tucker (just gained DH eligibility, so I picked him up...see how long that lasts)
Bench: Shields, Cashner, McCullers, Tomlin

So trying to move Pillar/Span and Shields/Cashner for something.... no bites.

Not so worried about a minor OF anymore.... but thanks for what would have been talking me out of adding Brito for a long wait for probably nothing. :)

still gonna keep my eye on Judge though.... later year's champ is a Yankees fan and owned him in September last year.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things... as projected, Tucker didn't last long... decided to add Orlando Arcia snd hope he gets called up in June. Which corresponds with my loss of hope for Didi... just doesn't walk enough and usually only has three at bats a game, and might start losing more ab's to LHP... so dumped for the ageless J-Roll.