• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minor League Ballparks

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which are the best ballparks of Minor League teams across the country? I've been to 14 MLB parks and working on the rest, but I've actually never been to any Minor League parks.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been to Coolray Field for the AAA Gwinnett Braves. It's a nice park, but don't park too close to the entrance. Lots of foul popups clear the park and wind up in the parking lot.

And I forget the name of the stadium, but I've been to the A Rome Braves park a few times, and I really enjoyed it.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huntington Park in Columbus is the nicest MLB park I have been to. I was there the year it opened in 09. I have only been to a handful of MiLB parks. Buffalo Bisons, Orlando Rays, Lake County Captains and Springfield Cardinals (I may be forgetting one).

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live 15 minutes from the Round Rock Express. I think it was voted best ballpark/franchise the last two years running.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parkview in Fort Wayne gets rave reviews for the Midwest League. They got a great Philly steak sammich there.
4 Winds-Coveleski in South Bend is a nice experience.
The new CHS Field in St. Paul (Amer Assoc, indy) gets an average attendance of well over its stated number, so the fan base there will drive your energy. I hear they have a great craft beer setup there. I might try getting up that way.
Same is kind of true for the ballpark in Madison, WI, where the college level Mallards draw about 5K. I have no idea what kind of talent is there but it sounds like a lot of young fans, meaning ... whatever you want that to mean, depending on your age group.