• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Wallace clip on ESPN

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just watched a very interesting clip on ESPN about the Steelers and Wallace. Wallace is a restricted free agent. Adam Schefter was saying that a team like the Bengals could sign him to an offer sheet and include a "roster bonus" of like $20 million, payable now. To keep him, the Steelers would have to match the offer, including the roster bonus. That roster bonus would count against this year's cap, so matching it would be almost impossible for Pittsburgh because they're so far over the cap. It would just cost Cincinnati one of their 1st round picks. I'm sure that's far too complicated for Mike Brown, but damn, I'd shit my pants if we pulled that move. Adam Schefter is an evil genius.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched a very interesting clip on ESPN about the Steelers and Wallace. Wallace is a restricted free agent. Adam Schefter was saying that a team like the Bengals could sign him to an offer sheet and include a "roster bonus" of like $20 million, payable now. To keep him, the Steelers would have to match the offer, including the roster bonus. That roster bonus would count against this year's cap, so matching it would be almost impossible for Pittsburgh because they're so far over the cap. It would just cost Cincinnati one of their 1st round picks. I'm sure that's far too complicated for Mike Brown, but damn, I'd shit my pants if we pulled that move. Adam Schefter is an evil genius.

I would easily do that. Give us a hell of a potent offense with Green and Wallace opposite each other with Shipley in the slot and Gresham at TE.

Give Pitt the 21st pick, which of course belonged to us, and not the Raiders which is pick 17.

Yes, Schefter is an evil genius and I would be all for that. However, as you and I both know, Mike Brown..well, he is Mike Brown.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a better chance at hitting a superfecta at the track today.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Wallace sweeps stakes,,,,,hmmmmmm,,,I don't think Wallace will be a Steeler next season unless he sees it as his best chance at winning a Super Bowl then he might be willing to take less money otherwise he's taking the money

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wallace would rather play in Cleveland, or block for Tebows running, or even retire than play in this shit hole.

ok to dream though, interesting thought.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Green's obviously not as fast as Wallace, but he's a very legit veritical threat in his own right. I'd rather pair him up with a great posession WR who can move the chains...

If the Bengals are going to break the bank on a potential FA I'd rather do it at the RB position. Arian Foster would look good in stripes.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could never happen, but if it did, then for sure the first time we played the Steelers, Wallace would get kimoed.....

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It actually works out either way because if the Steelers pay him a ton to keep him, they're going to have to make the money somewhere else and it still weakens the team.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It turns out that when you actually have the ability to spot talent and develop talent that sooner or later you'll have to pay talent.... It's a good problem to have. The Steelers will always be fine - The names change every few years, but the success stays the same.