• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Riley

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i understand kids really liking a coach. but 1. if you want to make it to the NFL you need to get use to different coaches. 2. You can't have a better opportunity than at NU, especially at WR with the personnel we have there, no matter who the new coach is.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it worth keeping Coach Williams? From a recruiting standpoint I think so, but based upon on-field production this year, I wouldn't argue against not keeping him.

Coach Williams has already been let go.

The only coach retained was Trent Bray.

Williams would have to be rehired.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That there hasn't been any decommits yet is somewhat surprising. It may be coming, but there has yet to be noise from any of them.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gates was gong to enter the Draft but he kept getting pushed aside at the front door and eventually he gave up

Gates might be at the top of my list for most disappointing season. Remember all the talkin he did at the end of last season about the leadership on the team and getting his ass kicked against Tennessee?

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it worth keeping Coach Williams? From a recruiting standpoint I think so, but based upon on-field production this year, I wouldn't argue against not keeping him.
That is above my pay grade, I say it needs to be 100% Frosts decision on coaching positions and who if anybody h e retains. Like Moos said the other day, you dont keep people in place as a bandaid for 1 good year of a couple recruits sticking around when having a coach who is competent can build that and be more successful in the long run. Ill take the long game over a short year or two. If the Admin starts forcing coaches on Frost it will sour things. Whether or not i think one way or another is neither here nor there. I could see Frost keeping him. Help recruiting will likely be a priority with a new gig new baby and fresh move. Time will tell

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is above my pay grade, I say it needs to be 100% Frosts decision on coaching positions and who if anybody h e retains. Like Moos said the other day, you dont keep people in place as a bandaid for 1 good year of a couple recruits sticking around when having a coach who is competent can build that and be more successful in the long run. Ill take the long game over a short year or two. If the Admin starts forcing coaches on Frost it will sour things. Whether or not i think one way or another is neither here nor there. I could see Frost keeping him. Help recruiting will likely be a priority with a new gig new baby and fresh move. Time will tell

My only fear is losing current players because of a position coach being terminated. Not saying it will happen but I wouldn't be surprised. But at the end of the day, you can't be held hostage by 18, 19, 20 year old kids when looking to build long term success.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only one season remaining for potentially contaminated pleeny recruits.

Freedom Akinmoladun - DL
Tanner Farmer - OL
Sedrick King - LB
Peyton Newell - DL
Mikale Wilbon - RB

I eliminated local Nebraska player schollies and walk-ons because I doubt pleeny could continue to contaminate them.
I also eliminated those who committed under pleeny, but never played for him.
We do know that pleeny encouraged his players to leave once he was fired, and continued texting with many of them long after he was fired.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, that really hamstrings the incoming coach when he cannot build a staff with his people and by his choice. He can certainly rehire someone from Riley's staff but that should still be his decision

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only fear is losing current players because of a position coach being terminated. Not saying it will happen but I wouldn't be surprised. But at the end of the day, you can't be held hostage by 18, 19, 20 year old kids when looking to build long term success.

Hit the juco's for immediate needs. Other than that this roster is relatively young.

As others have pointed out, this class was going to be small anyway.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant help but feel with the buzz around Scott Frost being the young coach making Huge waves being greater than the coach they know. This is going to get HUGE media attention when the last National Champion coach comes home to right the ship at nebraska! from a PR stand point alone it will be massive! Never mind the guy is a super smart dude who has acquired skills and knowledge from many great minds in the game

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. The entire wideout room should be licking their chops with the prospect of playing in a Frosty offense instead of acting like they’re butt hurt over not getting to play in a wounded duck numbnuts DL offense regardless of who the WR co co coach will be

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Williams has already been let go.

The only coach retained was Trent Bray.

Williams would have to be rehired.
yea, from what i've heard on radio or reading, it sounded like the contracts were written to directly tie the assistant coaches to the HC, so when he was let go that triggered their removal as well. Bray would have been asked to and had to have signed a different contract to be interim coach, at least that's my guess.

I'm a little surprised Moos didn't also see if Parrella could stick around in a similar capacity.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, from what i've heard on radio or reading, it sounded like the contracts were written to directly tie the assistant coaches to the HC, so when he was let go that triggered their removal as well. Bray would have been asked to and had to have signed a different contract to be interim coach, at least that's my guess.

I'm a little surprised Moos didn't also see if Parrella could stick around in a similar capacity.

I wouldn't be surprised if he told some of the coaches to hang out for a bit. If there are some that might be kept on staff. Besides they are still getting paid.