• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Piazza Heading to Cooperstown

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he get busted for PED? Or was it that nothing was ever proven?

Not that I care, he was a great catcher and deserves it.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he get busted for PED? Or was it that nothing was ever proven?

Not that I care, he was a great catcher and deserves it.

Never busted, & never tested positive.
Just victimized by that era...with innuendo, rumors and false allegations.
Defensively, he was meh as a catcher....but he called a great game, and is the best hitting catcher ever.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have been a first ballot but glad he's in. Has he decided if he's going in as a Met?

YES!

pMLB2-14903085reg.jpg

NEW YORK (1/7/16) -- Mike Piazza will don a New York Mets cap on his Hall of Fame plaque.

Piazza made it official Thursday at the New York Athletic Club in Manhattan. He will join Tom Seaver as the only two players in the Hall of Fame with Mets caps on their plaques.

"I enjoyed coming up with the Dodgers and had an amazing career there as far as getting to know Sandy Koufax and Don Drysdale and the Hall of Famers," Piazza said. "But, fortunately for me, I eventually ended [up] in New York. Some way, shape or form I became a New York Met, and truly have a special relationship here with the fans of the Mets. ... It's tough. For me, as much as I enjoyed my time there [in Los Angeles], I ended up in New York. And I feel like the fans here truly brought me into their family. Every time I've come back I've been so incredibly honored from the response. Unfortunately we do have to choose one. And, for me, I always sort of enjoyed reconnecting here in New York."

Mets owner Jeff Wilpon, general manager Sandy Alderson and deputy John Ricco attended the announcement.

Last edited: