• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mid-Majorpromotions - Season 2

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who will have the better season of the second season mid major coaches? These are guys that were very successful in smaller schools but are now trying on the big(ger) stage. I am really only thinking of the guys that are now in their second season - so the program should be showing their signature after two recruiting classes, AND they were strong on a smaller stage. So promotions from coordinator or stealing a coach from another P5 conference doesn't count.

Chris Petersen - Washington (record last season 8-6, Record at mid Major 92-12). This is a guy I think everyone expects to see bring UW back to former glories. However this season's over/under on wins is a disappointing 4.5.

Craig Bohl - Wyoming (Record last season 4-8, Record at mid Major 104-32). Wyoming has never had that much success but I think a lot of us expect Bohl to have Wyoming Bowling no later than season 3.

Dave Clawson - Wake forest (Record last season 3-9, Record at Mid Major 90-80). Expectations are much lower on Dave Clawson moving into Wake Forest but the Demon Deacons were hoping for the coach who slowly built Fordham from an 0-11 team and into a playoff contender.

(Sark, Strong, Franklin, and Mason are in their second year but not moving up from mid-majors with high expectations) Bobby Petrino moved up from Western Kentucky and in his second season, I would not consider him for this list as he only spent one season at the mid major level.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bohl by default, I think they have the chance to make a bowl this year

plus Washington has a lot of offensive issues this year, top players hurt for the year and QB situation is a mess, they lost a lot of talent on a defense that really helped them out last year

Clawson is a program builder, and usually those guys aren't overly successful in year two, he's still got building to do.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would like to see Louisiana-Lafayette's Mark Hudspeth get a shot with a bigger program.