• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has offered $1.8 billion for the Los Angeles Clippers

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. This guy is a loaded man and look for big spending ahead. How did the Clippers become such a popular team so fast. Ballmer will run circles around the Buss's. Changing of the guard ahead

:lol:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cash is no object to the Clippers anymore, they can outspend anyone. Game over

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sterling is going to make a 15900% return on his investment in the Clippers........AMAZING

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Shelly has had Donald pronounced mentally incapacitated so she can sell the team without his signing off on it.

His lawyer has announced he has not agreed to the sale. This just gets weirder and weirder.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get over it - Seattle is not getting a team any time soon:laugh3:

We'll see. If you think Ballmer is paying this amount to keep the team in LA, you've spent too much time in the sun.

They will be moved to Seattle by the start of the 2016 season. Watch.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get over it - Seattle is not getting a team any time soon:laugh3:

Why are you being such a douchebag? I know I would be pissed off and bitter if the Lakers had been moved out of LA and I was stuck rooting for the Clippers.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you being such a douchebag? I know I would be pissed off and bitter if the Lakers had been moved out of LA and I was stuck rooting for the Clippers.

I think many Laker fans like having the Clippers around to act as their franchises designated "grenade". It's the thing where a girl who thinks she's hot always wants a fat pig as a friend to go out to bars with because she'll make the hot one look even hotter. When the Lakers are in a down period, they especially want the Clippers around to make themselves not look so bad by comparison.

If the Clippers leave, Lakers lose their grenade.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Shelly has had Donald pronounced mentally incapacitated so she can sell the team without his signing off on it.

His lawyer has announced he has not agreed to the sale. This just gets weirder and weirder.

dis is why you never piss of your wife. then again she probly orchestrated this in the beginning:whistle:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think many Laker fans like having the Clippers around to act as their franchises designated "grenade". It's the thing where a girl who thinks she's hot always wants a fat pig as a friend to go out to bars with because she'll make the hot one look even hotter. When the Lakers are in a down period, they especially want the Clippers around to make themselves not look so bad by comparison.

If the Clippers leave, Lakers lose their grenade.

Meh, I'm not even concerned about lil brother. The idea that the Lakers need a fat girl in order to look or feel pretty is kinda funny, though.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I'm not even concerned about lil brother. The idea that the Lakers need a fat girl in order to look or feel pretty is kinda funny, though.

It's LA. Lots of the natives believe it's the center of the universe. LA should be more concerned with getting a NFL team, then having two NBA teams playing in the same Arena.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's LA. Lots of the natives believe it's the center of the universe. LA should be more concerned with getting a NFL team, then having two NBA teams playing in the same Arena.

It's weird, man, but when we had the Raiders and Rams they couldn't sellout. USC is like the pro team there and when they aren't doing well their attendance drops. Los Angelinos are a fickle bunch. I love sports so I always watched and went to games but casual fans find other things to do, like the beach, mountains, dune buggies and whatever else.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's weird, man, but when we had the Raiders and Rams they couldn't sellout. USC is like the pro team there and when they aren't doing well their attendance drops. Los Angelinos are a fickle bunch. I love sports so I always watched and went to games but casual fans find other things to do, like the beach, mountains, dune buggies and whatever else.

I don't know the demographics of LA, but could it be like a Florida or NYC (namely Manhattan) situation where a large portion of residents aren't from there, or their parents aren't (and in many cases the kids might root for the team the parent(s) root for?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's just a heavy transitory city these days. Sure there are loyal fans for all the franchises down there.

You watch. In a couple months, Ballmer and Hansen will be making announcements about groundbreaking for the new Seattle Arena to be built on the land they acquired last year just south of SafeCo Field. Clippers will be heading to Seattle around 2016. The NBA has to be political about this. They aren't going to run out and announce the Clips are moving tomorrow. The process will be drawn out to lower the fallout.

LA needs to concentrate on getting a NFL team and USC needs to get cracking on the Coliseum renovation.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know the demographics of LA, but could it be like a Florida or NYC (namely Manhattan) situation where a large portion of residents aren't from there, or their parents aren't (and in many cases the kids might root for the team the parent(s) root for?

I think that plays into it. Most of my friends were Mexican or Asian and a lot were from first generation families. There are a lot of (or were at least) transplants from other regions. There are actually quite a few Cowboys fans out there. The Lakers and Dodgers were the teams that everyone kind of supported together. For the most part.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting that Shelly did not try to retain ownership and use her husband's dementia as a basis for defense. I think out of all the b.s. they spit out - that one might have had the ability to float on water. Surely they wouldn't punish Shelly and the kids because the old man was mentally out of his mind and didn't know what he was saying. I personally believe that they were racist and needed to be removed, but that would have been a viable defense

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting that Shelly did not try to retain ownership and use her husband's dementia as a basis for defense. I think out of all the b.s. they spit out - that one might have had the ability to float on water. Surely they wouldn't punish Shelly and the kids because the old man was mentally out of his mind and didn't know what he was saying. I personally believe that they were racist and needed to be removed, but that would have been a viable defense

I say its either 1 of 2 things:

1) It's the Sterlings. Logic doesn't exist when it comes to them so who the fuck knows.

2) Shelly really did plan this all along. She leaked the tapes knowing it would get Sterling in trouble so she could take control of the Trust and sell the team before she divorces him.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say its either 1 of 2 things:

1) It's the Sterlings. Logic doesn't exist when it comes to them so who the fuck knows.

2) Shelly really did plan this all along. She leaked the tapes knowing it would get Sterling in trouble so she could take control of the Trust and sell the team before she divorces him.

Plausible premise.