• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has offered $1.8 billion for the Los Angeles Clippers

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it was a calculated ploy by him all along????

This frenzy of buyers coming in would not have happened..
His racism and controversy made the Clippers a "Sympathetic" impulse purchase for deep pocketed buyers who might never consider buying a team otherwise.

Maybe beforehand, a handful of buyers would truly be interested.
Now it seems like dozens of groups are rushing to put in bids. That forces 1.8 billion in a hurry.
They are the franchise of choice for trendy buyers thanks to this controversy.
He is going to earn about 200-300 million more than he could have without racism.

It seems impossible and more like tin-foil hat type of conspiracy, but it would be fascinating to see such an impossible evil plan like that work out.

The windfall is likely purely accidental....but it would be mindblowing if he did it intentionally.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Never even considered that. Hard to believe but the guy obviously doesn't give a shit and is very, very shrewd.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh oh.

If this happens, buh bye LA Clips. Hello Seattle Sonics.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ballmer is saying he won't move the team. Not sure why someone would leave the 2nd biggest market in the country.

Maybe because they play second fiddle to the most popular NBA team on the planet. LA will never be anything other than LakerTown, as far as basketball is concerned.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sonics had a lease. The OKC cattle rustlers found a way to get out of it.

Clippers are a distant second fiddle to the Lakers. The team being located in LA isn't that big of a deal.

Seattle is the 13th largest media market in the US. A move from LA would be perfectly fine.

Now the NBA moving a team from the 13th largest media market to the 52th? That was beyond stupid from a business perspective.

This deal if it happens will be enough justification to green light the start of construction on the new NBA/NHL arena on the lot next to Safeco field.

Boom. Those Microsoft boys Gates, Allen, and Ballmer don't fuck around. Anytime they show up, millionaires and politicians line up to slobber on their knobs. They also have great love for Seattle and the PACNW. It will always be home for them.

Ballmer has no problem with making a deal like this. I've met the guy and he's an extremely shrewd businessman who don't fuck around.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Microsoft's ceo gets the team there will always be talk of moving to Seattle, whether that's his eventual intention or not.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe because they play second fiddle to the most popular NBA team on the planet. LA will never be anything other than LakerTown, as far as basketball is concerned.

Yeah, but the Clippers haven't been an easy ticket for years. I've been to several games and it's high-dollar shit.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny reading laker homers wanting to keep the lowly clippers in town.

They were LA's & NBA punching bags for 30 years and now all of a sudden they're good for LA. Too funny and GOOOO Sonics!

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sonics had a lease. The OKC cattle rustlers found a way to get out of it.

Clippers are a distant second fiddle to the Lakers. The team being located in LA isn't that big of a deal.

Seattle is the 13th largest media market in the US. A move from LA would be perfectly fine.

Now the NBA moving a team from the 13th largest media market to the 52th? That was beyond stupid from a business perspective.

This deal if it happens will be enough justification to green light the start of construction on the new NBA/NHL arena on the lot next to Safeco field.

Boom. Those Microsoft boys Gates, Allen, and Ballmer don't fuck around. Anytime they show up, millionaires and politicians line up to slobber on their knobs. They also have great love for Seattle and the PACNW. It will always be home for them.

Ballmer has no problem with making a deal like this. I've met the guy and he's an extremely shrewd businessman who don't fuck around.

Damn I like how these left coast boyz think.:suds:

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny reading laker homers wanting to keep the lowly clippers in town.

They were LA's & NBA punching bags for 30 years and now all of a sudden they're good for LA. Too funny and GOOOO Sonics!

What Lakers fan said they want the Clippers to stay?

LA is good for the Clippers, that's the point. Ballmer said he wouldn't move them....

WSJ: So you wouldn’t move the Clippers to Seattle?

Ballmer: If I get interested in the Clippers, it would be for Los Angeles. I don’t work anymore, so I have more geographic flexibility than I did a year, year-and-a half ago. Moving them anywhere else would be value destructive.

Steve Ballmer on Life, Golf, Basketball ? and Microsoft - Digits - WSJ

Last edited by a moderator:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note he said 'value destructive.' I don't think he pays $2bil for a team and then moves them to a shittier market.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone saying it is not a big deal that the team is located in Los Angeles should look back and see how much the Bucks went for.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he says it, I can't help to think that they will eventually move to Seattle in the future..