• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MICHIGAN

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well prepare to be surprised then.

The only thing they have going for them is they play on the weak side of the Big10 where Nebraska and Wisconsin have new coaches.

They got Iowa this week, which they will probably win because the only team more over-rated than Northwestern is Iowa. Should be a close game.

I won't be surprised if Nebraska beats them, won't be surprised if Wisconsin beats them, and then there is always another game they can drop, perhaps a Penn St game.

As the year goes on teams like these generally fall because the talent just isn't there and neither is the depth. Other teams with talent get better as the year goes on, and the bigger games of the year are all late in the year for the majority of non-SEC teams.

Maybe they get lucky and beat the odds. Won't be the first time, but I wouldn't bet on it.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing they have going for them is they play on the weak side of the Big10 where Nebraska and Wisconsin have new coaches.

They got Iowa this week, which they will probably win because the only team more over-rated than Northwestern is Iowa. Should be a close game.

I won't be surprised if Nebraska beats them, won't be surprised if Wisconsin beats them, and then there is always another game they can drop, perhaps a Penn St game.

As the year goes on teams like these generally fall because the talent just isn't there and neither is the depth. Other teams with talent get better as the year goes on, and the bigger games of the year are all late in the year for the majority of non-SEC teams.

Maybe they get lucky and beat the odds. Won't be the first time, but I wouldn't bet on it.

You really don't know what's going on in the Big Ten, do you?

Northwestern along with Iowa look like the best teams in the West division right now. Of their remaining games I'd bet on Northwestern beating Nebraska (which really hasn't looked all that great this season, I mean they just lost to Illinois), Illinois and Purdue. And of Wisconsin, Penn St. and Iowa they should win one, likely two, with a decent chance at all three.

So worst case Northwestern ends the regular season 8-4, which even then would likely get them in the top 25. And of course they more the win the higher they will climb.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M is really doing a hell of a job o n D, the O is scoring points but Ruddock is still suspect. I hope we can beat Sparty next week. Go Blue

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Northwestern is the Big 10's equivolent of Arkansas. Once every 15 years they string a few wins together, get picked to make it to a major bowl game, then silently wimper into the background. Northwestern is not and never was the 13th best team.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am proud of my team and my school. Sorry. I know that we haven't really won anything yet and I am not trying to say we are better than Michigan State or ohio state. I am just saying we're older and I am proud. Is there some sort of phobia you have that people from the University of Michigan can't be fans? I can understand the ohio state folks, but if Michigan doesn't have a stake it something or Michigan is not playing Michigan State I root for Michigan State. I am proud of the Spartans and their successes of late. I do, however; hope we annihilate you next week (notice I said HOPE).
Voltaire, this should be a damn good game. Like most teams (mine included and me to some), you got a few idiots too loud for their own good. You are a Michigan "good guy".

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Northwestern is the Big 10's equivolent of Arkansas. Once every 15 years they string a few wins together, get picked to make it to a major bowl game, then silently wimper into the background. Northwestern is not and never was the 13th best team.

3 years ago they went 10-2 with a win over Miss St. in the Gator bowl and finished as high as 16 in the polls.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B1G>SEC

Is that the real cause for concern?
Northwestern beat the teams on their schedule and OCG games against Stanford and Duke seem like pretty good OCG scheduling.

The fact Michigan shut out 3 teams in a row qualifies for buff said!They may not win out or even beat a rival but I am damn sure they will not get pushed around and nobody is taking them lightly anymore.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really don't know what's going on in the Big Ten, do you?

Northwestern along with Iowa look like the best teams in the West division right now. Of their remaining games I'd bet on Northwestern beating Nebraska (which really hasn't looked all that great this season, I mean they just lost to Illinois), Illinois and Purdue. And of Wisconsin, Penn St. and Iowa they should win one, likely two, with a decent chance at all three.

So worst case Northwestern ends the regular season 8-4, which even then would likely get them in the top 25. And of course they more the win the higher they will climb.
All this speculation is not considering the potential of a late November climate warming that has the Great Lakes swelling to twice their size and engulfing Ann Arbor and East Lansing.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas and the Global Warming nuts, 10-1 this game never happens, we all are to blame, but China and India take the brunt.:D