• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Michigan State @ #7 Penn State NOW ESPN

UM Fire

The man, the myth, the legend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good day if you're a PSU fan. Congratulations.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only see pro teams under your fave squads......if you don't mind me asking. who is your team, Robo?

I'm not a big college football fan anymore, but if I had to choose, I'd say Cal and Notre Dame. My interest in college football has declined over the years. There has never really been a satisfactory way to determine a champion, though the CFP is a good step. I think I also am turned off knowing that these coaches and administrators make millions of dollars off of the backs of these young men.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grats to Franklin and PSU fans, they've played great last half of the season.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a big college football fan anymore, but if I had to choose, I'd say Cal and Notre Dame. My interest in college football has declined over the years. There has never really been a satisfactory way to determine a champion, though the CFP is a good step. I think I also am turned off knowing that these coaches and administrators make millions of dollars off of the backs of these young men.

I hear ya. My personal opinion is the playoff needs to be expanded to 8 teams (or even 16 like FCS does it) because of this season being the perfect example......PSU, OSU, and Michigan all deserve to be there based off their seasons. And somebody is going to get screwed out of going basically.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only team there is no argument against is Bama because of their sheer dominance. But, the final 3 spots will be hotly fought for.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya. My personal opinion is the playoff needs to be expanded to 8 teams (or even 16 like FCS does it) because of this season being the perfect example......PSU, OSU, and Michigan all deserve to be there based off their seasons. And somebody is going to get screwed out of going basically.

There should be a system where every conference champ makes it and then you have some wildcards. Maybe we need to consolidate and/or redo some conferences. Notre Dame would need to join one. Every team should have a path to the playoffs within their control (i.e., the conference championship) so that you still have a chance to make it even if reputation, money, politics, and rankings aren't in your favor.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should be a system where every conference champ makes it and then you have some wildcards. Maybe we need to consolidate and/or redo some conferences. Notre Dame would need to join one. Every team should have a path to the playoffs within their control (i.e., the conference championship) so that you still have a chance to make it even if reputation, money, politics, and rankings aren't in your favor.

Those are pretty solid ideas. I realize a true playoff would be difficult because of the political shit with all these damn Bowls we have.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes just have a cold nose

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to go Michigan State. You possibly fucked over Ohio State once again.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to go Michigan State. You possibly fucked over Ohio State once again.

Penn St. looks like the best team in the Big Ten right now. They easily handled Michigan State, and they have an offense to go along with their defense. If they look impressive again in the conference championship game, it would be wrong to deny them a spot in the CFP.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
congrats to PSU on winning a piece of furniture with desk memorabilia stuck to it

LandGrantTrophy-2.0.jpg

those lasers tho

Raider917

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me that only 2 things have to happen now. PSU have to beat Wisconsin and Washington have to lose next week. Im assuming that Michigan would drop to #5 this week but that the Big Ten champion could move ahead of them. It would make for a controversial pick between Michigan and WIS/PSU considering that both teams lost to Michigan.

UM Fire

The man, the myth, the legend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me that only 2 things have to happen now. PSU have to beat Wisconsin and Washington have to lose next week. Im assuming that Michigan would drop to #5 this week but that the Big Ten champion could move ahead of them. It would make for a controversial pick between Michigan and WIS/PSU considering that both teams lost to Michigan.

While I would like to believe that is possible, it would take a biblical event. I can see the committee taking a 1 loss wild card over a two loss conference champ, but not a 2 loss wild card over a 2 loss conference champ.

What will be interesting to see, is what happens if there is only one spot left (Bama, Clemson and Washington win) and Penn State beats Wisconsin. You have a 1 loss wild card, ranked higher the week before, and a 2 loss conference champ that owns a head to head win over the wild card.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized I won an avy bet here.