• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Michigan @ Nebrasketball -- Senior Night

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would like to play creighton. And maybe some big East teams that he can schedule. Sean Miller makes 4.5 mill so Nevermind there. But Jay wright and Dana make 2.5m and 2m. But Nebraska can afford it.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get Dana Altman to leave the amazing thing he has going at Oregon with all the upside he has and the resources.....to come to Nebraska......one of 2 teams to have never won a game in the NCAA Tournament.....literally one of the most irrelevant basketball programs in the history of College Basketball.......a team that sits in the middle of the Big 10 which is loaded with 4 and 5 star players across the board......where winning a Conference title is next to damn impossible.....

I will give all of you a thumbs up on every post you make for a year straight.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska is a great place for an up and coming coach.

I just don't see how any coach would want to leave a good thing to come test their skills where every coach who has ever tried has ended up at the bottom of the sea swimming with the fishies.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nee did alright. So your suggestion is to stay in our lane keep the status quo. And hope every four years or so we break through with a dance invitation..... Where's Yer balls man?

What about Bill self or okie lites head coach. He did a great job at UTSA before going to okie u

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really you think Dana couldn't rise the Titanic that is Nebrasketball. He would have instant fan support. Knows the recruiting area. Can recruit Omaha and instate guys so maybe our best players don't go to Georgetown. And in order to do that you have to write the check.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nee did alright. So your suggestion is to stay in our lane keep the status quo. And hope every four years or so we break through with a dance invitation..... Where's Yer balls man?

What about Bill self or okie lites head coach. He did a great job at UTSA before going to okie u

Do you really think I don't want a coach to take a step backwards for more money?

I want the best of the best! But money doesn't talk like we people who live in fantasy land believe it does. Throwing an extra 500k at a guy making millions where he's pulling in 5-star guys with ease and going to the NCAA Tourney.....not even gonna budge.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely don't want another Tim Miles.....another Doc....Collier.......etc....

I want a beast. I'm just saying, coaches come here to get fired. It's well documented, and coaches have taken note of that.

The chances of us getting another Tim Miles are so so so high.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm about 80% sure Eichorst isn't going to fire Miles now though.

My confidence in that is growing by the minute.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think under Tim we'll get to 19 wins next season.

Then the year after we'll be in the 20's.

I really believe this.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right about the wins in the upcoming seasons. and I know throwing money at guys who already have money isn't really a big incentive. but at some point we have to start playing with the big dogs. Make it 4-5 million. I just don't see how it would ever be a bad investment unless we did get calapari and then I'd be sick for the program

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw it guys, we r getting Tyronne Lue.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think I don't want a coach to take a step backwards for more money?

I want the best of the best! But money doesn't talk like we people who live in fantasy land believe it does. Throwing an extra 500k at a guy making millions where he's pulling in 5-star guys with ease and going to the NCAA Tourney.....not even gonna budge.
No, but when he and his wife (I'm pretty sure) are from Nebraska, their kids grew up in Nebraska, etc. there may be an opportunity. It's a long shot for sure, and he might be pissed at us for not offering him the job when he was at Creighton, but this isn't HP52's normal "throw $1B at Saban" conversation.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Saban would coach basketball?

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of this shit is asinine.

First off. I don't think Miles will get fired. I wouldn't be surprised either way, but if he's here next year it better be clear from the get-go that it's tournament or bust for him. Black and white. There's no reason, save for injury, that this team shouldn't finish in the top half of the conference and win at least 10 conference games. Miles can't have any Gardner-Webb moments next year either in the non-con.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Altman and other high profile coaches:

I find it extremely difficult to believe that an established coach with a competitive salary compared to peers, in a program that he has established and is consistently taking teams deep into the tournament is going to say "fuck it, I like a challenge" uproot his family and play Russian roulette with his career by coming to Nebraska.

Coaching in the B1G is about the only thing that is attractive with the Nebraska job. Is it enough to sway Gregg Marshall from Wichita State? Obviously the B1G is a giant step up from the MVC but to Nebraska? Marshall is making over $3 million a year and could easily retire there. If he takes another job, it is not going to be at a school like Nebraska. It's going to be a blue blood program that has fallen on hard times like an Indiana or Syracuse.

And Altman? You think that guy wants to uproot his family AGAIN after the shit he went thru with the Creighton-Arkansas-Creighton-Oregon fiasco!? That guy has built a top 10 program in Oregon and Nebraska is not the job worth him going thru all that again for.

This would be the equivalent of Urban Meyer leaving Ohio State to take the Kansas job because he likes a good challenge

And Tyronn Lue? GTFO. The guy won a NBA Championship last year. You think he's going to leave the NBA for college, let alone NEBRASKA!? Even if LBJ eventually runs him out of Cleveland, Lue can easily get another head coaching gig in the NBA. He's not walking into PBA folks.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A week ago Eichorst actually spoke words to the public and said he has Tim's back and sees his vision and believes in it.

I don't see him letting him go. Immediately after the Minnesota game I let the drama of it all take my emotions to where I thought we would fire him, but thinking it through......don't see it happening.

I think if you're Eichorst you understand the investment that was made and in order to see it through you let this extremely young group of guys grow and see what they can do. I think he also knows that the next best hire he'll get is just a clone of what Nebraska has had for decades already.

Now just doesn't seem like the time to fire him.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A week ago Eichorst actually spoke words to the public and said he has Tim's back and sees his vision and believes in it.

I don't see him letting him go. Immediately after the Minnesota game I let the drama of it all take my emotions to where I thought we would fire him, but thinking it through......don't see it happening.

I think if you're Eichorst you understand the investment that was made and in order to see it through you let this extremely young group of guys grow and see what they can do. I think he also knows that the next best hire he'll get is just a clone of what Nebraska has had for decades already.

Now just doesn't seem like the time to fire him.

there is a 5% chance of miles being fired. if the players revolt.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And all I am telling you is at some point you have to shit or get off the pot. We have invested into this program in everything but a legit proven head coach. This next guy has to be a bad ass coach or I swear to gawd I will set the building on fire

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Altman? You think that guy wants to uproot his family AGAIN after the shit he went thru with the Creighton-Arkansas-Creighton-Oregon fiasco!? That guy has built a top 10 program in Oregon and Nebraska is not the job worth him going thru all that again for.

This would be the equivalent of Urban Meyer leaving Ohio State to take the Kansas job because he likes a good challenge
While I agree it's not likely, your reasoning is off base (as is the Urban to Kansas example...speaking of Kansas, Self to NU would be comparable to Urban). He wouldn't be uprooting his family again, his kids are out of the house. Hell, his daughter is in Omaha. If (and it's a big IF) he wanted to come home, I could see it happening. It's not another move, it's a homecoming.