• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Michigan @ Nebrasketball -- Senior Night

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we joined the Big Ten did we not know that they're kind of good at basketball? and we're going to have to keep up with the Joneses. Hiring a mid level coach and hoping it works out and hoping you caught lightning in a bottle let other schools attempt that this is Nebraska let's spend the money and get a proven winner

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I don't see why Self to Nebraska is a pipe dream either. I know we are not going to pay 5 million for coaches (we should) but you have to imagine Self could turn our cough program around quick. Basketball doesn't take 4 years to develop players, you can get two or three guys in here that would make a huge difference immediately and get you to the tournament. Instead we have one Senior he's a tremendous player in his own right but we need about 4 more of them. I know we're young and have a great crop of talent. I just don't think the guy steering the ship is the right guy for it.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all hinges on coaching you think the top basketball players are going to Kansas because they like the tradition? they like the tradition of Bill self putting players in the NBA and that's why they go there. I guarantee you same players Tim miles goes to Kansas Nebraska gets Bill self we would have a much better record than what we have now and Kansas would probably have a record slightly better than Nebraska's right now because of the talent alone. But who do you think would have a better record over the next four years Bill self at Nebraska or tim miles at Kansas.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Tyronn Lue? GTFO. The guy won a NBA Championship last year. You think he's going to leave the NBA for college, let alone NEBRASKA!? Even if LBJ eventually runs him out of Cleveland, Lue can easily get another head coaching gig in the NBA. He's not walking into PBA folks.
you know i was joking right?

the only big names coming to Nebraska were either just fired from their last job or maybe are retired and we can try and sway them with money. i don't think you can get a name brand coach to Nebraska no matter how much money you throw at them. If you really want to avoid hiring the "hot" name from some lower level team (like Miles), i really don't see any other way to go about it.

i agree though, i think Miles is safe 1 more year based on Eich's statement a few weeks ago. As far as must make Tournament next year, is that any tournament or NCAA only?

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know i was joking right?

the only big names coming to Nebraska were either just fired from their last job or maybe are retired and we can try and sway them with money. i don't think you can get a name brand coach to Nebraska no matter how much money you throw at them. If you really want to avoid hiring the "hot" name from some lower level team (like Miles), i really don't see any other way to go about it.

i agree though, i think Miles is safe 1 more year based on Eich's statement a few weeks ago. As far as must make Tournament next year, is that any tournament or NCAA only?

NCAA

I feel like finishing in the top 6 of the conference needs to be the benchmark for the next 2 years at least.

I'm not a fan of firing Miles. I think he should get 1 more year with clear cut expectations.

If I understand the eligibility right, Miles should get Isaac Copeland in January of next year, and Antone Gill back hopefully. Combine that with the young talent that should continue to develop and there's no reason this team shouldn't compete in the top half of the league.

If not, then it's coaching.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And all I am telling you is at some point you have to shit or get off the pot. We have invested into this program in everything but a legit proven head coach. This next guy has to be a bad ass coach or I swear to gawd I will set the building on fire

That would be really expensive

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I don't see why Self to Nebraska is a pipe dream either. I know we are not going to pay 5 million for coaches (we should) but you have to imagine Self could turn our cough program around quick. Basketball doesn't take 4 years to develop players, you can get two or three guys in here that would make a huge difference immediately and get you to the tournament. Instead we have one Senior he's a tremendous player in his own right but we need about 4 more of them. I know we're young and have a great crop of talent. I just don't think the guy steering the ship is the right guy for it.

Self to Nebraska?!!!

That is the equivalent of Nick Saban going to Kansas.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
natty is coming...watch

One entered Miles’ office and said, “I don’t think we deserve to go to the Big Ten tournament after that.’’

Miles ordered the player to “get out.’’

“If you’re not going to play for an opportunity to make the NCAA tournament, then you don’t belong in the program,’’ he said. “I want you going out there with the idea that we’re going there to find a way to fight our way into the NCAA tournament.

“That’s non-negotiable.’’