• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan being investigated

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Begone.

Nah some denied it alright, I'm certainly over it, but unlike 84% of the Mid-Atlantic/Midwest Region people want to hold onto that incident whether as a way to trash talk or to clear some names for their university. yada yada yada. All that matters is that PSU got near-death penalty and yet in four years still became a national powerhouse. Everyone else is just simply a hater.

I mean nearly all 70s-90s accusations hold little to no weight. That's 100% objective and true no matter who your team is. For 2001 Joe Pa reported it. So did Joe knew? I guess in a way. Is he the devil? No.

Sandusky mega sucks. Spanier sucks. Curley sucks. Graham sucks. McQueary sucks. Paterno mostly failed. A lot accusations are pretty bullshit. Paterno is still Top 5 all time.

That 84% is mild to the % of PSU faithghful that still thinks Paterno did NOTHING wrong.

Bill O’Brien did a great job, no denying that. An Franklin has used his recruiting and still the momentum of a blocked kicked to keep rolling along.

The 70’s-90’s accusations hold no water how? That is 100% bullshit but your opinion. Shocking. An you just contradicted yourself that Joe knew. Of course he freaking knew, he reporters it. He also could of done more.

Yeah, I’d be over it too if the patriarch of my team looked like a total douche over this.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Pedo scandal involving another BIG 10 school.

Not surprised. Gets cold up there and you guys just stay indoors and cuddle.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he lives rent-free in your head that much, sure. But I haven't really met a toxic SEC, Big 12, etc. fan on this subject for the past few years, so yeah, deal with it. It's happening.

As I said — no one, but a PSU fan will talk about Paterno’s coaching. Not a SEC fan, not a Big 12 fan, not an ACC fan, not a CFB fan anywhere will ever hear Joe Paterno’s name and NOT immediately think of the sexual abuse at PSU.

THAT is what he is known for. THAT is why he was fired at PSU. THAT is his legacy at PSU to outside fans.

When you are a fan at Pedo State, YOU have to deal with it, not me. My school’s coaching staff wasn’t sticking fingers in little boys butts. That’s a Penn State thing, no one else.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Begone.

Nah some denied it alright, I'm certainly over it, but unlike 84% of the Mid-Atlantic/Midwest Region people want to hold onto that incident whether as a way to trash talk or to clear some names for their university. yada yada yada. All that matters is that PSU got near-death penalty and yet in four years still became a national powerhouse. Everyone else is just simply a hater.

I mean nearly all 70s-90s accusations hold little to no weight. That's 100% objective and true no matter who your team is. For 2001 Joe Pa reported it. So did Joe knew? I guess in a way. Is he the devil? No.

Sandusky mega sucks. Spanier sucks. Curley sucks. Graham sucks. McQueary sucks. Paterno mostly failed. A lot accusations are pretty bullshit. Paterno is still Top 5 all time.

You missed one. Paterno sucks. And even if the Pedo State scandal didn’t happen. He’d still not be a top 5 coach all time.

We Are Decent

Depressed Penn State Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 84% is mild to the % of PSU faithghful that still thinks Paterno did NOTHING wrong.
Those PSU die-hards would be in the 84% as well, sorry if it didn't come across that clear
Bill O’Brien did a great job, no denying that. An Franklin has used his recruiting and still the momentum of a blocked kicked to keep rolling along.
The first semi-positive thing I hear you say to me.
The 70’s-90’s accusations hold no water how? That is 100% bullshit but your opinion. Shocking.
If claims like O'Dea saw abuse when he wasn't even at PSU at that time, you'd realize how BS some of these accusations were.
An you just contradicted yourself that Joe knew. Of course he freaking knew, he reporters it. He also could of done more.
No, y'all simply don't know what you mean with "Joe Knew" like he covered up abuse, when he never did. Yes he could've done more but I'm assuming a whole lot of you don't work in a business setting, sometimes the only thing we feel we need to do is simply report it and hope for the better.
Yeah, I’d be over it too if the patriarch of my team looked like a total douche over this.
I wonder why people in West Virginia aren't over it though.

We Are Decent

Depressed Penn State Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said — no one, but a PSU fan will talk about Paterno’s coaching. Not a SEC fan, not a Big 12 fan, not an ACC fan, not a CFB fan anywhere will ever hear Joe Paterno’s name and NOT immediately think of the sexual abuse at PSU.
You live in a bubble then.
THAT is what he is known for. THAT is why he was fired at PSU. THAT is his legacy at PSU to outside fans.
Also built a Top 10 program all time. Most wins in FBS. Had several undefeated seasons. Over two dozen Lambert-Meadlowands trophies. Over a dozen coach of the year awards. Live in that bubble bud.
When you are a fan at Pedo State, YOU have to deal with it, not me. My school’s coaching staff wasn’t sticking fingers in little boys butts. That’s a Penn State thing, no one else.
Yeah your school doesn't abuse people oh shit look at the thread we're on.
Self Awareness: -100.
You missed one. Paterno sucks. And even if the Pedo State scandal didn’t happen. He’d still not be a top 5 coach all time.
Lmao. That's priceless. Aight so let's ignore the scandal for a second and finally talk about CFB, tell me how Paterno isn't Top 5.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But Jim Harbaugh's a top 5 CFB coach all time because he played & coached in the NFL right? You've actually said that multiple times in the past. But then again you also have said JH helped the Raiders beat the Bucs in S.B. 37. One of your best was saying JH was a 1st team All American in '86. Making Heisman winner Testaverde the only winner of that award not to be named to the 1st team.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You live in a bubble then.

Also built a Top 10 program all time. Most wins in FBS. Had several undefeated seasons. Over two dozen Lambert-Meadlowands trophies. Over a dozen coach of the year awards. Live in that bubble bud.

Yeah your school doesn't abuse people oh shit look at the thread we're on.
Self Awareness: -100.

Lmao. That's priceless. Aight so let's ignore the scandal for a second and finally talk about CFB, tell me how Paterno isn't Top 5.

You are confusing the length he coached with being one of the all time greats.

In regards to coaches with 100+ wins — he ranks 35th overall in win %.

In 60 years — he won 2 national titles — 16 head coaches have won more national titles than him.

And while PSU fans would like ignore the scandal. That is what Paterno will forever be known by. It is sad, as he dedicated his life to coaching, but he dug his own grave.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paterno is still Top 5 all time.

giphy.gif

We Are Decent

Depressed Penn State Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are confusing the length he coached with being one of the all time greats.
Paterno averaged 9 wins per year. Bear Bryant averaged less. Woody Hayes averaged less. Steve Spurrier averaged less. Knut Rockne averaged less. Eddie Robinson averaged less. Bud Wilkinson averaged less. Bobby Bowden averaged less. Frank Leahy averaged less. Pop Warner. I can go if you want. His length is what makes what he did so good, averaging that is insane.
In regards to coaches with 100+ wins — he ranks 35th overall in win %.
Lmao, that's including FCS, DII, & DIII teams. Include only FBS and Joe Pa is sixth all-time in winning % for 200+ wins. And he averages more wins per year than all but two (Osborne & Saban)
In 60 years — he won 2 national titles — 16 head coaches have won more national titles than him.
That's because the man had about 4 undefeated seasons that he never had a chance to play in the National Championship. He told President Nixon to **** off even because Nixon didn't give a team of his a chance.
And while PSU fans would like ignore the scandal. That is what Paterno will forever be known by. It is sad, as he dedicated his life to coaching, but he dug his own grave.
:blah:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paterno averaged 9 wins per year. Bear Bryant averaged less. Woody Hayes averaged less. Steve Spurrier averaged less. Knut Rockne averaged less. Eddie Robinson averaged less. Bud Wilkinson averaged less. Bobby Bowden averaged less. Frank Leahy averaged less. Pop Warner. I can go if you want. His length is what makes what he did so good, averaging that is insane.

Lmao, that's including FCS, DII, & DIII teams. Include only FBS and Joe Pa is sixth all-time in winning % for 200+ wins. And he averages more wins per year than all but two (Osborne & Saban)

That's because the man had about 4 undefeated seasons that he never had a chance to play in the National Championship. He told President Nixon to **** off even because Nixon didn't give a team of his a chance.

:blah:

They averaged less wins because.......they didn’t play 12, 13, 14 game seasons until recently. Hell — you can play 15 games in a season now.
Win % tells you how successful a coach was, not saying he averaged 9 wins a season.
You want to know how successful Paterno was......he ranks behind Lloyd Carr in win %.
Top 5 all time. GTFOH:L

Here is your FBS list. Tell me where PedoPa is at?!? Top 5 all time:L
Top All-Time Coaches by Winning Percentage

As I said and anyone with an ounce of intelligence. When Paterno is mentioned from now until the end of time — the first thing that will be thought of is the Pedo State scandal. You can say till you are blue in the face it isn’t true, but it is 100% truth. Paterno’s name is forever linked to the biggest ********* scandal in NCAA history and it all happened by his friend under his watch.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They averaged less wins because.......they didn’t play 12, 13, 14 game seasons until recently. Hell — you can play 15 games in a season now.
Win % tells you how successful a coach was, not saying he averaged 9 wins a season.
You want to know how successful Paterno was......he ranks behind Lloyd Carr in win %.

As I said and anyone with an ounce of intelligence. When Paterno is mentioned from now until the end of time — the first thing that will be thought of is the Pedo State scandal. You can say till you are blue in the face it isn’t true, but it is 100% truth. Paterno’s name is forever linked to the biggest ********* scandal in NCAA history and it all happened by his friend under his watch.
Yikes, 4 Michigan coaches ahead of JoPa.....

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The early 2000's were awful for PSU. The 05 and 06 recruiting classes really saved Joe Pa from a decade of bad football.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The early 2000's were awful for PSU. The 05 and 06 recruiting classes really saved Joe Pa from a decade of bad football.

Bound to happen when you coach for 100 years. The length of his coaching career is the most impressive part of his coaching career to me.

Top 5 all time — no.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s Nick Saban

Then Joe Pa

then the debate for 3rd begins.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bound to happen when you coach for 100 years. The length of his coaching career is the most impressive part of his coaching career to me.

Top 5 all time — no.

I think you'd have to remove his post 2000 numbers to make a case. But then that would take away 2 of his 3 conference titles.

Even doing that, he'd still be behind Urban, Saban, Bear Bryant, Osborne, Wilkinson, Leahy etc. and those are just guys post AP poll era.

We Are Decent

Depressed Penn State Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They averaged less wins because.......they didn’t play 12, 13, 14 game seasons until recently.
billie-eilish-oscars-01.jpg

They didn't introduce the standard 12 games a season until 2006...which was like, 40 years after Joe Pa been coaching.
Hell — you can play 15 games in a season now.
Not sure if you know this bro...but Joe Pa has been dead for eight years now.
Win % only works in a quantity sense, because that'd be implying a person like Eliah Drinkwitz is top tier in football. When you go down on a quality sense then it would be averaging wins per year, plus with the context of that era.
He also has fewer natties, less COY, below .500 in bowl games, finished in the Top Ten only 5 times compared to Joe Pa's 22, etc.
Win % is pretty outdated bud. Pick better metrics.
Any list that has Jimbo Fisher & Chris Peterson that high is irrelevant and not worth anyone's time (not even Bowden is on that list, pathetic.) Come on bud, include 200+ wins, because that gap closes in an instant, Joe Pa #6 all time. 300+ Wins? Ranked #2 all-time. Gimme a break.
As I said and anyone with an ounce of intelligence. When Paterno is mentioned from now until the end of time — the first thing that will be thought of is the Pedo State scandal.
I tested this out today at my workplace, I asked a fellow friend who has moderate knowledge on football of what was the first thing he thought about Joe Pa, and he said to me about Joe Pa was that he was a Penn State coach with lots of wins. Believe it or not but I don't remember any discussion about Joe Pa that people immediately bring up the scandal in about 3-4 years, at least, not when that scandal was the actual subject.
You really only think of it because you know UM really has nothing on PSU these days, so you might as well do childish insults.
Paterno’s name is forever linked to the biggest ********* scandal in NCAA history and it all happened by his friend under his watch.
Blah blah blah. There's multiple other scandals in NCAA History that were bigger to the corporation. MSU abuse, SMU, Basketball Corruption, UNC athletic-academic, etc.
Keep weeping.