• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Porter Commits To Washington

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a shocker with his dad being an assistant coach.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy fashions himself a Ben Simmons prototype. He might be.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy fashions himself a Ben Simmons prototype. He might be.

Interesting. I guess he was a top 5 recruit in the class (3 I think). I'm no fan of left coast ball, but I'll have to tune in to a huskies game or two just to check him out.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle puts out legit talent. Congrats to Washington. Romar seems to have a lottery pick more often than not.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Fultz stays for his sophomore year, UW could be the front runners in the Pac 12.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Fultz stays for his sophomore year, UW could be the front runners in the Pac 12.

Oh God please yes. One of the things I like about Romar is he really tries hard to keep players from doing the 1 and done thing. With Porter, that maybe impossible, but if both Fultz and Porter are both on this team next year, they will be a force to deal with.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle puts out legit talent. Congrats to Washington. Romar seems to have a lottery pick more often than not.

Umm Porter isn't from Seattle, I am almost positive he is from Missouri

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's going to take more than those two (and Nowell), imo. They kinda drop off after that, and I think the Pac is going to be pretty strong in the years to come. Also, Romar is notoriously terrible on the road, year after year, and even with very talented squads. I think they have quite a bit of work to do before they get into the convo of Pac frontrunner.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to take more than those two (and Nowell), imo. They kinda drop off after that, and I think the Pac is going to be pretty strong in the years to come. Also, Romar is notoriously terrible on the road, year after year, and even with very talented squads. I think they have quite a bit of work to do before they get into the convo of Pac frontrunner.

They also got significant contributions from other freshman in Crisp, Dickerson and Thybulle. I'm banking on them improving as well as they'll be juniors by then. If they have Fultz come back, which is a big if, IMO they'd have the best starting 5 in the Pac 12.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also got significant contributions from other freshman in Crisp, Dickerson and Thybulle. I'm banking on them improving as well as they'll be juniors by then. If they have Fultz come back, which is a big if, IMO they'd have the best starting 5 in the Pac 12.
We have 2 big guys in Atewe (transfer) and Timmons (early enrollee), that will be eligible this year. They were around last year so they have some experience in Romar's system.........or lack their of.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, that is getting a bit presumptuous, to me. I think the Pac is getting stronger. I understand that there are some good players that are/will be on their way out for each team, but there is a lot of talent here and coming in. I think that UW in '17 might be a little more reminiscent to Cal this past year. Certainly top half, but not frontrunner.

Again, taking AZ for example, who do you see as AZ's squad for that season? Who stays, goes, and comes in? Who is their starting 5? That's pretty tough to call to me. AZ has 15 offers for 5-star recruits in 17'. How many do they get and how do they do as freshmen? How will the 3 5-stars who are freshmen this coming year do that year? How will Ray Smith and Comanche develop by then?

What about the rest of the Pac, regarding all of those issues? UCLA has a nice class coming in with some young pieces in place. Enfield and Krystkowiak are continuing to get a lot out of their players. Altman somehow always pulls shit out of his ass without having really any recruiting classes to speak of. He gets bunch of transfers and finds a way to put it together. What happens to that? How about Hurley, or is their a dark horse?

I also have some huge reservations about Romar. If you care to look back, I've actually been pretty big on Romar in the past. I kept looking at his rosters every year and thinking that he had to get them fighting for the title again. But except for some rough injuries, he has led some solid players into mediocre production as a team. Like I said about him as a road coach, I think he only has a couple winning seasons on the road in the last 5 years. I'm done defending him. He's had some studs and underachieved. They haven't even made the tourney in 5 years. I still believe in the potential of UW, how they can dominate the entire NW area, and get all the way into CA. But I think this Romar has already hit his peak.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that is getting a bit presumptuous, to me. I think the Pac is getting stronger. I understand that there are some good players that are/will be on their way out for each team, but there is a lot of talent here and coming in. I think that UW in '17 might be a little more reminiscent to Cal this past year. Certainly top half, but not frontrunner.

Again, taking AZ for example, who do you see as AZ's squad for that season? Who stays, goes, and comes in? Who is their starting 5? That's pretty tough to call to me. AZ has 15 offers for 5-star recruits in 17'. How many do they get and how do they do as freshmen? How will the 3 5-stars who are freshmen this coming year do that year? How will Ray Smith and Comanche develop by then?

What about the rest of the Pac, regarding all of those issues? UCLA has a nice class coming in with some young pieces in place. Enfield and Krystkowiak are continuing to get a lot out of their players. Altman somehow always pulls shit out of his ass without having really any recruiting classes to speak of. He gets bunch of transfers and finds a way to put it together. What happens to that? How about Hurley, or is their a dark horse?

I also have some huge reservations about Romar. If you care to look back, I've actually been pretty big on Romar in the past. I kept looking at his rosters every year and thinking that he had to get them fighting for the title again. But except for some rough injuries, he has led some solid players into mediocre production as a team. Like I said about him as a road coach, I think he only has a couple winning seasons on the road in the last 5 years. I'm done defending him. He's had some studs and underachieved. They haven't even made the tourney in 5 years. I still believe in the potential of UW, how they can dominate the entire NW area, and get all the way into CA. But I think this Romar has already hit his peak.

I stand by what I said earlier about them having the best starting 5 in the Pac 12 if Fultz stays. They'd probably have the two most talented players at that point. The Pac 12 is going to be good the next couple of years, it certainly won't be easy.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand by what I said earlier about them having the best starting 5 in the Pac 12 if Fultz stays. They'd probably have the two most talented players at that point. The Pac 12 is going to be good the next couple of years, it certainly won't be easy.

Again, who will AZ's starting 5 be in 2017?

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know and if Fultz does come back it won't matter. AZ won't have anybody as good as those 2.

So you went from frontrunner, to best starting 5, to best 2. Got it.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you went from frontrunner, to best starting 5, to best 2. Got it.

No, you can't comprehend. I said if Fultz stays they COULD be frontrunners in the Pac 12. And if he stays along with Porter, I think they'll have the best starting 5 in the Pac 12. And like I said no combination would be better than them two.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you can't comprehend. I said if Fultz stays they COULD be frontrunners in the Pac 12. And if he stays along with Porter, I think they'll have the best starting 5 in the Pac 12. And like I said no combination would be better than them two.

I get what you're saying, and I think it's all a bit presumptuous. You have no idea what other teams will look like to call UW a potential frontrunner, having the best starting 5, or the best two. You haven't laid out any comparison for any of those designations for any other team in the Pac.

What if UCLA has Ball, and gets McCoy? What if Leaf is an absolute monster? What if AZ ends up with Ayton and Bamba? As far as the best starting 5, you don't even know what AZ will have, and how their guys will develop, let alone comparing UW to any other team. Same with frontrunners. You place a great deal on kids that haven't even suited up for them yet, combined with some freshmen that you think will develop (and a couple transfers?). I asked you to expand on your predictions by showing what you think other teams might have and you flat out said you don't know or didn't say.

Fultz and Porter are great recruits, but that's all they are right now. Those two, and UW have a ways to go before they can be frontrunners, let alone the best starting 5, or best two, imo. The Pac is too strong, to me, to put that declaration on two kids that haven't played a minute, a year in advance.

I said that calling that UW could be frontrunners in '17 is a bit presumptuous. That seems like a completely valid critique. You answered by saying you think they will have the best starting 5. I said that's just as difficult to predict, and you answered by saying they will be the best two. I replied that your predictions are not getting any more stable. There are just too many variables across the P12 landscape to make any of those claims, imo.