• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Porter Commits To Washington

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I hear is blah blah blah, relevance doesn't matter when Arizona is only in the conference because of ASU.

I guess it's possible, who knows?

Or maybe by 1978 they thought about the fact that AZ had won the 1976 NC in baseball and was making the regionals about every year, they went to the Elite Eight in basketball that same year (1976) after building McKale Center, and in football, AZ finished in the AP top 20 in '74 and '75. Then maybe they realized that AZ was already doing better than WSU who's greatest achievement since joining the Pac was the freshly crowned, 1977 Indoor Track and Field Championship and thought, "Why not?" Throw in there that OSU's only NC was cross country in 1961 and they saw that AZ was already looking better than both of their athletic departments combined. Looks like they were right.

The only thing that got you in the Pac was winning the 1915 Rose Bowl (sorry for not remembering the 100th anniversary last year, I bet you guys really got down in Pullman).

The point is, AZ was going to be in regardless, the question was how many NCs were the Pac going to miss out on before they brought them in. WSU on the other hand, got in because of a good year in CFB a century ago. Had it not been for that (and UW probably begging them to let their lonely little step brother in), you'd probably have worked your way up to the WCC right now.

You stay bitter about AZ having 9 times the NCs that WSU does (I'm generously counting your unofficial 1937 boxing NC), and AZ will keep winning NCs, finishing top 10 every year in multiple sports, making money hand over fist on our athletics, and actually bringing in money to the conference.

Everyone outside Pullman would love to trade you guys out for another university's even mediocre athletic program.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I hear is blah blah blah, relevance doesn't matter when Arizona is only in the conference because of ASU.
You are so bad a trash talk bro. The subject of how Arizona came to be in this conference has literally crossed my mind zero times in my lifetime. Arizona is a bigger school, has hotter chicks, better athletics, and well let's face it... Has been much more relevant than WSU on a national scale in just about everything that matters for a long time now.