• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Holmes arrested

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
two very different stories here:

Holmes side:
Holmes’ attorney Jimmy Turk argued that Holmes acted in self-defense after Simms, who his Holmes’ ex-girlfriend and a sprinter at Virginia Tech, and Barnes attacked Holmes’ current girlfriend, Karoline Seekford, by jumping her from behind and pushing her into a trash bin in a downtown parking lot.

Turk said Holmes tried to break up the fight, only getting physical after being hit by Barnes’ cousin, Antoine, who entered the altercation. Holmes’ malicious wounding charge stems from his fight with Antoine Barnes.

crazy bitch side:
Simms said Holmes dragged her by the hair in the parking lot during the altercation. She said she was afraid of Holmes and was adamant that bond be denied.

Kierra Barnes said Holmes punched her in the face, a claim Turk said his client “absolutely” denies. She was treated for a swollen eye at the scene and said she has a fractured nose.

Antoine Barnes said Holmes threw him to the ground before kicking and punching him in the face. Officers who responded said Barnes was bleeding from the face and was taken to the hospital for the treatment of facial lacerations. He was released that night. He claims to have a fractured cheek bone, sore ribs and pain in his jawbone.

http://hamptonroads.com/2013/04/virginia-techs-michael-holmes-released-jail

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looking from the outside in at 757s post.

Sounds to me like an angry crazy bitch ex-girlfriend (who lost her potential "Real Wives" meal ticket recently) got pissy when she saw him out with a new girl. She and her girlfriend probably ran their mouth and showed their asses.. picking on the new girlfriend. Holmes was protecting his new lady, and then whooped crazy bitch friend's cousin's ass when he decided he wanted to get into it.

I am glad noone was hurt, but on the outside looking in...this is screaming jealous ex GF starting trouble.

Now with that being said...maybe Holmes could have handled it a bit differently. But I don't necessarily think the story warrants these charges. Typical Friday night brawl. No huge deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was described as the "crazy bitch side" is much closer to accurate. And people were definitely hurt haha

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looking from the outside in at 757s post.

Sounds to me like an angry crazy bitch ex-girlfriend (who lost her potential "Real Wives" meal ticket recently) got pissy when she saw him out with a new girl. She and her girlfriend probably ran their mouth and showed their asses.. picking on the new girlfriend. Holmes was protecting his new lady, and then whooped crazy bitch friend's cousin's ass when he decided he wanted to get into it.

I am glad noone was hurt, but on the outside looking in...this is screaming jealous ex GF starting trouble.

Now with that being said...maybe Holmes could have handled it a bit differently. But I don't necessarily think the story warrants these charges. Typical Friday night brawl. No huge deal.

The eff?

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was described as the "crazy bitch side" is much closer to accurate. And people were definitely hurt haha

The two sides presented above don't actually contradict each other significantly. I.e., it could have happened something like this (using quotes from above as much as possible):

"Holmes acted in self-defense after Simms, who his Holmes’ ex-girlfriend and a sprinter at Virginia Tech, and Barnes attacked Holmes’ current girlfriend, Karoline Seekford, by jumping her from behind and pushing her into a trash bin in a downtown parking lot."

At this point it could be that "Holmes dragged [Simms] by the hair in the parking lot during the altercation", in an attempt to get her off his ex.

At some point someone Barnes thought was Holmes hit her in the face, or Holmes hit her on accident, possibly without even realizing it (as is quite possible in a scrum). Notice I substituted the word "hit" for "punch", since the former is more general and some exaggeration is quite possible on this point.

Then Holmes got "physical after being hit by Barnes’ cousin, Antoine, who entered the altercation. Holmes’ malicious wounding charge stems from his fight with Antoine Barnes" because "Holmes threw him to the ground before kicking and punching him in the face."

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his story is true, then I would have done the same thing as Michael. If 2 girls and a guy jumped my and my gf i would beat that guy stupid. Id let my gf take care of the girls, she boxes as a hobby.

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sounds like a ridiculous overcharge to me. It's a fight, and no weapons, so where do you get a malicious intention to maim, etc.? Overcharging is a big problem these days, and only gets fixed after the news articles have run.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a ridiculous overcharge to me. It's a fight, and no weapons, so where do you get a malicious intention to maim, etc.? Overcharging is a big problem these days, and only gets fixed after the news articles have run.
You don't need a weapon to get a malicious wounding charge. From what I read, it depends on the injuries sustained. I imagine a D1 athlete can do serious damage with his fists alone.

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

If you draw blood you're more than likely going to draw a malicious wounding charge.