• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami should target FA's to be Gortat/Frye this summer

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...And let Bosh go to Dallas. As they age, James and Wade can't cover up the team's liabilities forever, and that is rebounding/interior D.

Bosh, while a good player, is too expensive and hamstrings the team from filling future needs. And when you think about it, Frye is a more proven three-point shooter than Bosh and would spread the floor even more effectively. As a Pacers fan, that's a more scary proposition than what they have now. If it's even possible, it makes me want to beat them even more here in 2014 before they have an opportunity to clear some cap.

I'm also at this point rooting for the Cavs to make the Playoffs and sign Deng to an extension. That would officially close the books on LeBron potentially returning, which in reality should be a blessing after the asshole he was to them in 2010 free agency. Really, they're a big man away from being a solid contender in the weak Eastern Conference, even though things didn't go too well tonight in Deng's second game with the team.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is really a good idea. Sign Gortat/Frye and maybe sign a quality role player. We do need a real Center. Bosh isn't cutting it. If we said a pretty good real center and move Bosh to the 4 we would be fine but that is about impossible unless it comes through the draft as long as the big 3 remains intact

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wade (and LBJ if he stays) will restructure their contracts. Their contracts were structured at the time to be very team beneficial but the new CBA fucked that all up. What Bosh does I have no idea.

I agree that the Frye/Gortat combo would work I think they would be better served keeping Bosh and finding a true center. The big 3 work for so many reasons and Bosh is so underrated.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think there's no way that Bosh is going to leave that type of money on the table to leave, but trading him for a big might not be a bad idea. At the time, I always thought that the Heat should of shipped him and something else off for Dwight Howard, back when he wanted out of Orlando.....but if they can somehow get just anybody that can rebound while keeping Bosh, it'd be a good idea. Gortat would indeed be a nice fit. I'm just interested to see how the Riley and Arison will go about handling the new cba. They're about to be on the hook for some serious cash