• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami should get the #1 seed

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That obviously means a lot. You can't minimize a potential home game #7.

It helps, but the Lakers won from the 3rd seed - so it's not life or death when two teams are that evenly matched. I have a hard time believing that Indiana can compete, but I am hoping they can beat Miami - I am ready to see Miami lose

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's crazy is only 2 times in the last 10 years did the team with the best record even make it to the Finals. (Both won: last year's Heat and 08 Celtics).

So what you're saying is that the number one seed is obviously over-rated

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree which is why if you're the team without HCA, if you have any intentions of winning that series, your goal should be to end it in 6 games at max.

I don't know about that - I almost always see one or two games that could have went either way - If Miami lets a home game slip and Indiana protects themselves at home - their could easily not be a game 7 with it coming down to the sixth. I think teams that play around losing games they can win are playing dangerously.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that - I almost always see one or two games that could have went either way - If Miami lets a home game slip and Indiana protects themselves at home - their could easily not be a game 7 with it coming down to the sixth. I think teams that play around losing games they can win are playing dangerously.

Clearly missed the point of my comment

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly missed the point of my comment

You're right - I didn't read it correctly - and I agree - you never want a series to go to seven games. You really want to sweep every game truthfully, but I think Indian will take a few games from Miami and predict that the series will go 4-2 at the worst for Miami - I don't think Indiana has the shooter like Ray Allen to make the miracle shots. That's what it took for the Lakers and Spurs to win

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was wrong for Vogel to put so much emphasis on HC at the beginning of the season. Basically telling your players "we can't beat them w/o HC"

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right - I didn't read it correctly - and I agree - you never want a series to go to seven games. You really want to sweep every game truthfully, but I think Indian will take a few games from Miami and predict that the series will go 4-2 at the worst for Miami - I don't think Indiana has the shooter like Ray Allen to make the miracle shots. That's what it took for the Lakers and Spurs to win
Pretty sure Indiana has players who are capable of making a 3 from the corner.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it unfortunate the Pacers have fallen into such a slump. They do appear to have problems with back-to-backs and have all season. I believe, in part, it has to do with their size and weight. But this does not account for horrid shooting for both starters and bench.

Making it a stated goal to have the best record in the conference at the beginning of the season might not have been the wisest choice. Then what do you do when you don't get it. However, with the improvements on the bench over all and, hopefully, a bit more maturity it is hard to predict what is going to happen in the playoffs. The Pacers can win in Miami. Like it, lump it or whatever. Can the Heat win in Indy? From my perspective, that is a bit more arduous of a task.

The key for me is for Bird and Vogel to clean up sloppy play down the stretch. Maybe the team cannot light it up every night, but they can share the ball better rather than dribbling around. The slippage on defense should be even easier to fix. Just takes effort over the whole game. If you can get George and Stephenson to just stop preening after a score and focus on getting back up the court as fast as possible it would make a major difference. I know they are young, but this is a pro sport and they are getting paid quite well. Time to grow up.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was wrong for Vogel to put so much emphasis on HC at the beginning of the season. Basically telling your players "we can't beat them w/o HC"

Yeah, if they fail to get it that could be huge psychologically.

The longer the Pacers' struggles continue the more I'm going to buy into bot's theory that they caught Bynumitis.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it unfortunate the Pacers have fallen into such a slump. They do appear to have problems with back-to-backs and have all season. I believe, in part, it has to do with their size and weight. But this does not account for horrid shooting for both starters and bench.

Making it a stated goal to have the best record in the conference at the beginning of the season might not have been the wisest choice. Then what do you do when you don't get it. However, with the improvements on the bench over all and, hopefully, a bit more maturity it is hard to predict what is going to happen in the playoffs. The Pacers can win in Miami. Like it, lump it or whatever. Can the Heat win in Indy? From my perspective, that is a bit more arduous of a task.

The key for me is for Bird and Vogel to clean up sloppy play down the stretch. Maybe the team cannot light it up every night, but they can share the ball better rather than dribbling around. The slippage on defense should be even easier to fix. Just takes effort over the whole game. If you can get George and Stephenson to just stop preening after a score and focus on getting back up the court as fast as possible it would make a major difference. I know they are young, but this is a pro sport and they are getting paid quite well. Time to grow up.

lGaMz9p.jpg

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's crazy is only 2 times in the last 10 years did the team with the best record even make it to the Finals. (Both won: last year's Heat and 08 Celtics).
I don't think many of them lost in game 7. Most of the top seeds lost before that game happened.
That is the true value of HCA.

HCA is all about getting that game 7 at home.
There is not as much apparent advantage in games 1,2, and 5.

If you want to beat someone with HCA, you typically have to beat them in 6 games or less.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah it doesn't matter that much it's more important to win on the road then anything