• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat Game Thread for March

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible loss.....two timeouts and we settle for 2 Johnson 3s? Dragic with a 3 after just 10 seconds on the play clock in one series in the last two minutes. Good thing the Wizards and Bulls have collapsed so the Heat will be in the playoffs, but how far can a team like this go who losses to teams like the Lakers and Nets and who consistently fails in the 3rd quarter after the other team makes halftime adjustments.

The team was outrebounded, out hustled, overly arrogant/cocky, and sloppy and got what they deserved.

Losing to bad teams happens. Every team lose to bad teams. Its an 82 game season. Brooklyn beat Cleveland last week and Lakers beat GSW last month. The timing of this was just very poor. If this happened in December or January it wouldn't annoy me as much but this is unacceptable with 2 weeks left in the season. They need to win the final 2 games of this road trip.

Now once again 3-6 is tied in losses. Could have been a game up in the loss column on Boston, Charlotte, and Atlanta if we just did our freaking job.....

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way is this team getting HCA in the first round now

As if it would matter.

I know there is one guy on this board that is most certainly celebrating this loss - made his presence felt when things went south for the Heat of course

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If we end up as the 3 seed and play the Hawks or as a 5 and play the Celtics, I could see a first round exit. We don't match up well against those teams. So, do we take 1 of the next two? Both or go on a 3 game losing streak?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson was awful and ate the cheese and believed the hype and Mr. Winslow won't be bragging to his friends about taking it to Kobe.

I wouldn't go that far on Richardson. Bad games happen. He's not going to play great every night. Just had a bad night. He avg 15 PPG in his previous 10 games on a ridiculous shooting %.

I'm more annoyed about the playing down to competition and playing lazy basketball which you saw by the missed fts, offensive rebounds allowed, and careless turnovers

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now once again 3-6 is tied in losses. Could have been a game up in the loss column on Boston, Charlotte, and Atlanta if we just did our freaking job.....

We failed to take advantage of a night that was playing out favorably for us -- nothing new.

Richardson was awful and ate the cheese and believed the hype and Mr. Winslow won't be bragging to his friends about taking it to Kobe.

Leave it to this waste of life dumbass to absolutely belittle and disregard our young guns over this one performance. Hell, I even criticized them tonight for not contributing as they had been of late but this idiot just takes it to unreal extreme.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we end up as the 3 seed and play the Hawks or as a 5 and play the Celtics, I could see a first round exit. We don't match up well against those teams. So, do we take 1 of the next two? Both or go on a 3 game losing streak?

We're 3-1 against the Hawks. If I had to choose my preference as to which one of the 3 teams I prefer, my list would look like this: Charlotte, Atlanta, and Boston.

Well Cousins is suspended as he picked up his 16th T of the season tonight. I'm going to say they beat Sacramento and lose to Portland

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't go that far on Richardson. Bad games happen. He's not going to play great every night. Just had a bad night. He avg 15 PPG in his previous 10 games on a ridiculous shooting %.

The guy is an idiot. For as much as you hate me and disagree with me - short of being critical of your boy Wade more than you think I should -- I would never say the stupid shit this fuck says

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're 3-1 against the Hawks. If I had to choose my preference as to which one of the 3 teams I prefer, my list would look like this: Charlotte, Atlanta, and Boston.

Well Cousins is suspended as he picked up his 16th T of the season tonight. I'm going to say they beat Sacramento and lose to Portland

stop the jinx

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My preference is make the playoffs and let the chips fall where they may - this team is in no position to pick and choose how they play or which playoff opponent to set themselves up for - any time a matchup looks favorable to the Heat they play down to it

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 points totaled in 48 total minutes played between Rook 1 and Rook 2 tonight on 3/14 shooting - the minutes played for the two given those numbers as the most alarming stat -- Zero minutes for Josh and Green

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The Heat haven't had their Scrub Battier moment of the night tonight -- now is not the time either

Broken record. What Shane moment is that? The one where he wins an NCAA championship or where he wins 2 NBA titles? He was with the Heat 3 years and made it to 3 finals. Big 3 never won a championship without him.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Unbelievable, I say a guy who was 0-8 and minus 14 on the court was awful in this game and a clown on here calls me an idiot. LOL. I guess you would say he was good?! The only person with less sense than you was Spolestra for playing him and Winslow as much as they did. Our young guys got cocky for this one and paid for it. I never said they were not performing well otherwise, but they had a horrible night and were outplayed on both sides of the floor. Further, the Heat continue to struggle significantly in the 3rd quarter and have for sometime. When it becomes a trend, you have to start looking for causes and answers but some on here are too obstinate to do so and resort to name calling so perhaps better for them to be here by themselves and rant and rave like clowns over how great a coach is who consistently makes stellar halftime adjustments to help his team win the 3rd, a guy who criticizes constantly a player who helped bring him 3 championships and another who is a consummate winner. Enjoy Paula bksballer.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I'm more annoyed about the playing down to competition and playing lazy basketball which you saw by the missed fts, offensive rebounds allowed, and careless turnovers

So you would not say that Richardson was not awful in this game? Really? WOW. I did not say he was awful overall.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
9 points totaled in 48 total minutes played between Rook 1 and Rook 2 tonight on 3/14 shooting - the minutes played for the two given those numbers as the most alarming stat -- Zero minutes for Josh and Green

Great coaching and great feel for the game from our staff.......

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you would not say that Richardson was not awful in this game? Really? WOW. I did not say he was awful overall.

No i would say he was awful. My comment was directed at the "ate the cheese and believed the hype" part. Just because he had one bad game doesn't mean he ate the cheese and believed the hype but yeah he was pretty bad tonight

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
No i would say he was awful. My comment was directed at the "ate the cheese and believed the hype" part. Just because he had one bad game doesn't mean he ate the cheese and believed the hype but yeah he was pretty bad tonight

Got it. All is good. Perhaps, I associated Winslow's comments too much to him. The boys did come down to earth tonight.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last nights loss is going to be a back breaker. it will cost us Home court which could cost us a playoff exit. i dont blame the coach at all for the loss. The players just chose to show up and play sloppy. The final play before OT was terrible. Wade should have taken it to the room looking for contact, not settle for the longest 2 you can take. In OT a couple times the guys were completely rotated out and left the lane wide open. Bad loss, but if we can win the next 2 on this road trip it wont sting as much.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last nights loss is going to be a back breaker. it will cost us Home court which could cost us a playoff exit. i dont blame the coach at all for the loss. The players just chose to show up and play sloppy. The final play before OT was terrible. Wade should have taken it to the room looking for contact, not settle for the longest 2 you can take. In OT a couple times the guys were completely rotated out and left the lane wide open. Bad loss, but if we can win the next 2 on this road trip it wont sting as much.

Home or road... who gives a shit. It doesn't matter if the Heat have HCA or any kind of advantage against any team --- they are capable of finding ways to lose to anyone. With the way things went last season, this season is already an overachieving success. Additionally, not much was expected out of this team at the start of the season - less after CB went down. One and done in the playoffs was/is probably the most likely scenario - the surprise would probably be getting swept out -- though maybe not depending on how we end the season.

A lot of time here is spent talking about seeding and wanting to see the Heat finish here or there to face this or that opponent. I think thats the problem with this team -- they are thinking about how they might face - Rather than try to dictate their potential matchup -- they should just worry about taking care of business and letting things fall where they may and trying to figure out how to handle the rest from there.

As far as the final play -- expecting Wade to take it inside in that scenario is like expecting me to get up and walk -- NOT GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN.

I don't know what you mean by " rotated out" I don't know if you mean the Heat were leaking out a lot after shots -- which they were and do way too much of -- led by Wade - the only guys that ever stay back looking for rebounds are Hassan and UD when Spo remembers him. The rest of the guys take the Wade approach and just put a shot up and go.

Credit Wade for showing up when it counted to help us get the game into OT after we blew the lead - but this is why I am critical of him often even we eventually win in a comeback led by him -- It took him far too long in the second half to get going offensively - and as usual, defensively outside of the blocks he recorded -- His defense was non-existent often letting guys get past him only to point fingers at others as he often does in that scenario rather than take blame for his own mistakes. Throughout a lot of the game he actually did attack the basket, of course, only to take soft shots and cry for fouls as usual which makes it all the more frustrating to me that at the end of games he ALWAYS tends to settle for dribbling the clock out to take those horrific jumpers.

This team has accomplished being consistently inconsistent.It leaves them as a mystery as to what they can do in the playoffs -- that is why they shouldn't be playing down to opponents and trying to play for a particular spot in the standings over another. Now is even less of the time to sit anyone out - go all out in the remaining games -- go for the wins and try to get some momentum going into playoffs -- which probably would end up not meaning much for the Heat anyway.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh yes! haven't ranted like that in far too long

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great coaching and great feel for the game from our staff.......

You're an idiot as usual. That has nothing to do with coach or this " feel" crap -- go feel yourself to your D-Wade dolls. It has more to do with those guys having taken some bad shots last night and also some good defense for long stretches by the LAL last night -- but its you -- I wouldn't expect you to be able to be reasonable and assess a game appropriately and give the other team credit -- you do what you do best -- place blame on the coach and give your BFF Wade a free pass as well as the rest of the team.