• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins vs Oakland Raiders Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crucial game for the Fins. If they want to head into their bye at least at .500 this is a must win. But they will have the excuse of traveling oversees after a tough loss to use, right? It seems so far its been about excuses rather than acting upon fixing things.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely a must win now I want to see a desperate team....they also must stick to the run that's how they beat the pats.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins have brought back Marcus Thigpen - albeit to the P-Squad. Hopefully he gets signed to the active roster by game time. P-Squad guys are exposed and free to sign elsewhere if offered a active roster spot.

Not saying the guys we kept around dont deserve it, as they certainly earned their spots - but was never in agreement and a little disturbed by Marcus Thigpen and even Daniel Thomas being cut. Glad both are back and I expect both to help.

I think we can keep Landry on KR but he will need time and work to be a consistent PR

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crucial game for the Fins. If they want to head into their bye at least at .500 this is a must win. But they will have the excuse of traveling oversees after a tough loss to use, right? It seems so far its been about excuses rather than acting upon fixing things.
After 3 freakin years, I've still not seen anything that could be confused with 'fire' or 'passion' from either Philbin OR Tannehill. No aggression when a receiver drops a key pass, no fist pumps or running downfield after a sweet touchdown (certainly no celebrating on the sidelines), just a very 'mid grade attitude' regardless of the situation. This team, as much as I hate to say it, will continue to be 'mid grade' until they have a real head coach that wears his heart on his sleeve and isn't afraid to grab a facemask or two when his players need some motivation. I truly love this team, but I often find myself looking fwd to the off season. Let the firings begin....praying for this team to finally turn things around is like praying for Donald Trump to suddenly show up at your door with a briefcase full of money for you. Aint gonna happen anytime soon.....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed take the pressure off the kid and let Thigpen return punts. I think they gave Landry too much too soon. Darkwa doesn't even see the field so this makes sense.

On a good note Tanny is at least protecting the ball better this year. 4 TD 2 INT with one coming in desperation. If you look at some of the other so called super star QBs out there they're tossing the ball all over. Glad we don't have Geno.....

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If fins lose this game, I hope the GM (Hickey) pulls a Pat Haden on PhilBum

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't afford to lose this game....plain and simple! If they just mix up the plays and take the run when there they will be fine.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Site was acting up during game time so I couldnt post.

By far the most complete game from the Fins in this first quarter of the season. Giving up some points on some misplays is disappointing - and there was still missed tackles. But, overall, the Fins were solid in all phases.

Hopefully this game puts any doubts on Tannehill, at least for the time being. He showed his poise and toughness in this game. There was adversity before and during this game, and he was able to overcome it all and have a solid performance.

As one of the broadcasters in the game said, his numbers were similar to last week - And that should show last weeks loss shouldnt all be on him.

At least, if your going to blame him for that loss, give him his due for this game.

DT looks like a new man running the ball today and Miller is going to continue to get better from this point on.

We do have to fix miss tackles and drops. As well, need to better decision making on KR and PR.

Bill Lazor did his part, and the players were able to do theirs.

Use the bye-week to fix some things. Our next 4 games are vs GB, at Bears, at Jags and vs Chargers.

Jags and SD are beatable. The other two could end in a split. To make the post-season, we will have to improve within the division but gotta keep finding ways to win the AFC match ups

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
38-14 Fins win. It was a much needed win for the Fins. 2-2 going into a bye week is not bad at this time of the season. If the Pats lose Monday night then the Fins are tied for 1st place in the the division. Both the offense & defense looked great vs the Raiders. This was the same Raiders team that held the Pats to 16 points in Gillette Stadium.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it was the Raiders but no game is a gimme anymore. They played well but can improve. Will be nice to have Jones back especially against the pack.

Tanny showed that he can do it he just needs to be desperate and work on consistency.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill give Tanne some props. He looked better out there (not great, still has alot of mistakes he makes), but can he do consistently. And it was against the Raiders, lets not get carried away. :P

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Site was acting up during game time so I couldnt post.

By far the most complete game from the Fins in this first quarter of the season. Giving up some points on some misplays is disappointing - and there was still missed tackles. But, overall, the Fins were solid in all phases.

Hopefully this game puts any doubts on Tannehill, at least for the time being. He showed his poise and toughness in this game. There was adversity before and during this game, and he was able to overcome it all and have a solid performance.

As one of the broadcasters in the game said, his numbers were similar to last week - And that should show last weeks loss shouldnt all be on him.

At least, if your going to blame him for that loss, give him his due for this game.

DT looks like a new man running the ball today and Miller is going to continue to get better from this point on.

We do have to fix miss tackles and drops. As well, need to better decision making on KR and PR.

Bill Lazor did his part, and the players were able to do theirs.

Use the bye-week to fix some things. Our next 4 games are vs GB, at Bears, at Jags and vs Chargers.

Jags and SD are beatable. The other two could end in a split. To make the post-season, we will have to improve within the division but gotta keep finding ways to win the AFC match ups
I agree w/u Paolo....I've been one of THills biggest critics, and I've been pretty critical of him well before this season started. That being said, I've always thought THill has flashed 'ability' and 'greatness'....but as crazy good he can look in one game, he looks like has no business being in the league the very next. THAT is the one thing that is sooooo maddening to me.....anyways, great game by Tannehill. My only fear is this: I've got a sick feeling in my gut that Philibin and his staff will kid themselves into thinking that 'all is right in Miami' and everything is 'right' again, which clearly it is not. Beating Oakland (no offense to Raiders fans) 77-3 isn't really worth bragging about, much less 38-14. The Fins played a great game, but until they can play like that CONSISTENTLY, I refuse to buy in only to have my heart broken like every freaking year with this team. Time will tell if this team truly is for real or not.....