• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins @-VS New England Cheatriots and the refs?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep....but to be honest this is the first time in a long time that I haven't questioned multiple play calls during a game. Hopefully they can continue to play it straight for the rest of the season and not over think things...

Yeah, I like Campbell and it appears the players do as well. Which doesn't always carry over to wins on the field, look at the Bills and Ryan....

I just wonder if Miller can carry the ball like he did Sunday

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an example of one of the changes Campbell has implemented:

faa3ed5b-3c3a-4d22-b127-6b4b48a61ad7.jpg
walker_james_m.jpg
James WalkerESPN Staff Writer

How are the Dolphins turning it around? Players say changing practice habits under interim head coach Dan Campbell (pictured) is the key. Safety Michael Thomas told me Sunday, "We go so hard against each other at practice, by the time we get to game day, opponents don't know what hit them."

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an example of one of the changes Campbell has implemented:

View attachment 44753
View attachment 44754
James WalkerESPN Staff Writer

How are the Dolphins turning it around? Players say changing practice habits under interim head coach Dan Campbell (pictured) is the key. Safety Michael Thomas told me Sunday, "We go so hard against each other at practice, by the time we get to game day, opponents don't know what hit them."

Correct me if I am wrong but don't ALL teams do this during practice?

and I thought you were going to say (change wise) they switched to AARP.. :dhd:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I like Campbell and it appears the players do as well. Which doesn't always carry over to wins on the field, look at the Bills and Ryan....

I just wonder if Miller can carry the ball like he did Sunday
I think that the players may like Rex but is he a good coach? You still have to be able to set your team up for success.

Miller sat the whole second half so he should be fresh. Campbell's committed to the run and if BB over compensates the pass will be there. Either way they won't abandon the run like Philbin did so if the players do their job like Paolo says they should be in this game.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I am wrong but don't ALL teams do this during practice?

and I thought you were going to say (change wise) they switched to AARP.. :dhd:
I'm sure that the good teams do but Philbin obviously didn't. Must have been a girl guide camp....

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the motivator as I call him latest attempt to get the team going is a night practice that is currently taking place. Not something a Fins coach has done in a while

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the motivator as I call him latest attempt to get the team going is a night practice that is currently taking place. Not something a Fins coach has done in a while
I guess it was a way to squeeze in an extra practice and get used to the lights. I like it!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is the team wants Campbell as the permanent head coach. A win against NE or even a very good showing could go a long way towards influencing Ross to keep him as the head coach and also keeping the other coaches.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is the team wants Campbell as the permanent head coach. A win against NE or even a very good showing could go a long way towards influencing Ross to keep him as the head coach and also keeping the other coaches.
It's all about production if they continue to perform the skies the limit! I just hope that they play their best win or lose that's all that we can ask.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about production if they continue to perform the skies the limit! I just hope that they play their best win or lose that's all that we can ask.

I think the Fins chances are a lot better than many think. The Fins won by 28 points two games ago & last game was over by half time. The Pats run a unique hurry up offense but the Fins players are versatile. I think the Fins secondary is underrated & we all know what the Fins Dline can do. The Fins LB's are playing well & that's crucial against the Pats. The teams that have had success against the Pats thru the years are teams that can get pressure on the QB with 4 lineman. The Fins are capable. I think people are also underrating the Fins prolific offense. Lazor is doing a great job with the play calls & Saunders is a very good counterpart for him & the other coaches. They are running on all cylinders right now. Campbell has a confidence about him. The players are playing confident also which is needed for a road team. The Fins are used to playing road games this year with their schedule. Could you imagine what a big step up it would be for the franchise to beat the undefeated Superbowl Champs on the road.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Fins chances are a lot better than many think. The Fins won by 28 points two games ago & last game was over by half time. The Pats run a unique hurry up offense but the Fins players are versatile. I think the Fins secondary is underrated & we all know what the Fins Dline can do. The Fins LB's are playing well & that's crucial against the Pats. The teams that have had success against the Pats thru the years are teams that can get pressure on the QB with 4 lineman. The Fins are capable. I think people are also underrating the Fins prolific offense. Lazor is doing a great job with the play calls & Saunders is a very good counterpart for him & the other coaches. They are running on all cylinders right now. Campbell has a confidence about him. The players are playing confident also which is needed for a road team. The Fins are used to playing road games this year with their schedule. Could you imagine what a big step up it would be for the franchise to beat the undefeated Superbowl Champs on the road.
Good points and the Fins are also healthy pats are a little banged up had a tougher game Sunday too. All that I ask double cover gronk and put Grimes on edelman. Rush 4.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your defensive plan could be best. I think the Fins will vary the schemes at times. The Pats do a lot of shifting guys around to try to get mismatches & get guys wide open. The Pats are making a game time decision on Dion Lewis. The Fins will need to be able to adjust during the game based upon what the Pats try to do. What I find interesting is that teams struggle to get sacks on Brady in the second half even when they have success in the first half. Hopefully the Fins change that trend.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Campbell's truest test as a head coach thus far is tonight - anything short of a win won't be good enough - the way the game plays out will also be a factor in how he should graded for this game. Good thing is , we come into this game is fairly healthy. Again, the key to the game is setting the tone early on both sides of the ball and shutting down their offense on the opening drive.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Campbell's truest test as a head coach thus far is tonight - anything short of a win won't be good enough - the way the game plays out will also be a factor in how he should graded for this game. Good thing is , we come into this game is fairly healthy. Again, the key to the game is setting the tone early on both sides of the ball and shutting down their offense on the opening drive.
I'm hoping for the best but I wouldn't put his career on one game especially going into NE on the short week. Not fair to anyone but it wouldn't shock me if they win.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping for the best but I wouldn't put his career on one game especially going into NE on the short week. Not fair to anyone but it wouldn't shock me if they win.

Not at all putting his career or even his job status for after the season on this one game - but momentum wise for him and the team, this particular game is a big deal - winning in dominating fashion on consecutive weeks, and I respect all opponents, but this is obviously a tougher challenge - though it should not be used as an excuse for a subpar performance and a win.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last couple of weeks the Fins have started fast and score early and often with quick drives - tonight they may need to do the opposite to win the game. Long, methodical , clock eating drives - they need to do this from the start for them to be able to control the flow of the game later on.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the #Dolphins have done right lately, keep this stat in mind: The team was 1 of 9 on third down last week against Houston.

From ESPN Dolphins beat writer, James Walker

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Devante Parker - hopefully he breaks out soon. Proof that his lack of playing time isn't the fault of Philbin? Campbell hasn't used him too much either noting the same reasons as to why he wasn't being used a lot under Philbin - he just hasn't shown it consistently in practice, therefore he is only going to play a few snaps. He needs to start getting it done in practice for the team to make better use of him.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the full list of inactives for Miami:

• OL Jeff Linkenbach

• DT AJ Francis

• CB Brice McCain

• WR Matt Hazel

• TE Jake Stoneburner