• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Meyer is getting screwed

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fixed that for ya.

Assuming things like that easily lead to fabrication to justify your speculations (already seen with McMurphy). Still no proof he even lied, considering the context of what he said pointed squarely at not hearing about arrests, but I guess you're gonna believe what you want about the coach of the team that just waxed you.
Here we go again with your assertion that McMurphy fabricated things to justify his speculations.

And you keep having the nerve to suggest others are biased or otherwise not waiting for the full facts before forming a complete belief? :tsk:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie Bush was given nearly three quarters of a million $$ for playing at USC.

Uh, no he wasn't.

He was paid to leave USC early. Or more correctly, a wannabe agent trying to start his own sports agency, paid his family (far less than 3/4 of a million $$) to convince him to leave school early and sign with the agency.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, no he wasn't.

He was paid to leave USC early. Or more correctly, a wannabe agent trying to start his own sports agency, paid his family (far less than 3/4 of a million $$) to convince him to leave school early and sign with the agency.
Yeah and look at how bad it fucked everything up. Oregon was allowed to think they were kings for a minute. Well, outside of never actually winning it all, but delusional fans aside, it left the Pac for dead for close to a decade you bastards.
:slaphappy:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go again with your assertion that McMurphy fabricated things to justify his speculations.

And you keep having the nerve to suggest others are biased or otherwise not waiting for the full facts before forming a complete belief? :tsk:
Well nobody knows for sure what happened in the police report situation since nobody but McMurphy has acknowledged it exists. And how about him now leaving out the part about Earle Bruce trying to intimidate Courtney since being informed it never happened? Any writer who "breaks" a story by taking one person's side, has to edit the report multiple times, only to see the crux of the story contradicted by multiple other people shortly after it's release deserves to be met with harsh skepticism. There's a clear lack of journalistic integrity here that you continue to downplay.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, no he wasn't.

Oh man that's so much better, he dindu nuffin

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man that's so much better, he dindu nuffin

Never said that. I stated exactly what happened as opposed to the made up bullshit that you posted.

Looks like McMurphy isn't the only who fabricates stories.

Kind of hypocritical on your part to call him out for doing the same thing you just did.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said that. I stated exactly what happened as opposed to the made up bullshit that you posted.

Looks like McMurphy isn't the only who fabricates stories.

Kind of hypocritical on your part to call him out for doing the same thing you just did.
Oh for fuck's sake, grow up. I'm not writing a story as a journalist, douchebag.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well nobody knows for sure what happened in the police report situation since nobody but McMurphy has acknowledged it exists. And how about him now leaving out the part about Earle Bruce trying to intimidate Courtney since being informed it never happened? Any writer who "breaks" a story by taking one person's side, has to edit the report multiple times, only to see the crux of the story contradicted by multiple other people shortly after it's release deserves to be met with harsh skepticism. There's a clear lack of journalistic integrity here that you continue to downplay.
Negative. Once again you entirely mischaracterize what I've said or what my stance is.

There is nothing in the above about this situation that I disagree with (only the part where you again make claims about me that are false). However, you didn't this time take it that extra step of then claiming those changes/errors/misjudgements were 'fabrications' as you said earlier today.

ALL I've said is I won't make that jump to drawing conclusions about how those errors\inaccuracies came to be. I do not debate at all that they exist. How many times can I tell you this? Haven't I said I'm leaning toward him rushing a story that was too much based on documents and the interview all from Courtney and she may have been as bad as Snooks article accuses her to be? Really, how is saying I can see all of that blindly defending McMurphy?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for fuck's sake, grow up. I'm not writing a story as a journalist, douchebag.
Seriously though, did you check out the link I tagged you in from deadspin? You asked for where I read about his process of getting through that first article and a good portion of it was from that article. Wish I could remember where the other one was, but sucks to get old is all I can say. :noidea:

There are things he said there for sure you will latch onto and I wouldn't blame you for doing so.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Negative. Once again you entirely mischaracterize what I've said or what my stance is.

There is nothing in the above about this situation that I disagree with (only the part where you again make claims about me that are false). However, you didn't this time take it that extra step of then claiming those changes/errors/misjudgements were 'fabrications' as you said earlier today.

ALL I've said is I won't make that jump to drawing conclusions about how those errors\inaccuracies came to be. I do not debate at all that they exist. How many times can I tell you this? Haven't I said I'm leaning toward him rushing a story that was too much based on documents and the interview all from Courtney and she may have been as bad as Snooks article accuses her to be? Really, how is saying I can see all of that blindly defending McMurphy?
You can't deny that you've had no problem giving him the benefit of the doubt, especially about the police report, while calling out others for believing in Snook.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though, did you check out the link I tagged you in from deadspin? You asked for where I read about his process of getting through that first article and a good portion of it was from that article. Wish I could remember where the other one was, but sucks to get old is all I can say. :noidea:

There are things he said there for sure you will latch onto and I wouldn't blame you for doing so.
I had actually read a good portion of that, but it is interesting. His defense of not reaching out to the Meyers or Zach Smith or anyone else before publishing his report is horseshit, I'm sure you can agree. Basically he didn't want to lose out the story at the expense of being fair and thorough. He still says he had the actual police report, so the fact that he so quickly changed his report even though he had, supposedly, an official document backing up what he wrote makes him seem disingenuous.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't deny that you've had no problem giving him the benefit of the doubt, especially about the police report, while calling out others for believing in Snook.
Sure I can, because that's not entirely true.

I've said I think it's more likely than not that it exists, but also said if it did it entirely could have been altered by Courtney for all I know. I don't have a firm belief in anything other than this is a total fuster cluck.

I called out snook for his article on Herman and then said it's harder to take his article with the mothers as seriously, but I've also said I could see the narrative proposed from it viable right? I mean you can't deny I've been saying I could see the scorned ex wife going bat shit crazy and creating drama angle can you? Sure you always leave that out because it doesn't fit your narrative, but I've been saying that all along.

I don't blindly believe her mom because I went and read her FB and other shit around SM and she's one weird lady IMO. That's the vibe I get, but while it means I want to wait and see, I can't take everything she says at face value. She may still have a lot of it right though. I still expect Courtney to come out being the big loser in this thing.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure I can, because that's not entirely true.

I've said I think it's more likely than not that it exists, but also said if it did it entirely could have been altered by Courtney for all I know. I don't have a firm belief in anything other than this is a total fuster cluck.

I called out snook for his article on Herman and then said it's harder to take his article with the mothers as seriously, but I've also said I could see the narrative proposed from it viable right? I mean you can't deny I've been saying I could see the scorned ex wife going bat shit crazy and creating drama angle can you? Sure you always leave that out because it doesn't fit your narrative, but I've been saying that all along.

I don't blindly believe her mom because I went and read her FB and other shit around SM and she's one weird lady IMO. That's the vibe I get, but while it means I want to wait and see, I can't take everything she says at face value. She may still have a lot of it right though. I still expect Courtney to come out being the big loser in this thing.
I don't recall you offering this up as a possibility.

Snook says he still has evidence it was Herman, so in all fairness, I think you have to give him the benefit of the doubt as well, right? He's been writing for longer than McMurphy, with 14 published books to his credit, so it's no less logical to think he wouldn't lie with his career on the line potentially.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had actually read a good portion of that, but it is interesting. His defense of not reaching out to the Meyers or Zach Smith or anyone else before publishing his report is horseshit, I'm sure you can agree. Basically he didn't want to lose out the story at the expense of being fair and thorough.
Yep, something we can entirely agree on.

I think it was pretty clear in that article why as well. After ESPN laid off all those people with big contracts he asked if they wanted to still use him on the downlow if he came across anything good and even then they said no. He figured they wanted to try and make all of them uncomfortable enough to take even lesser jobs and release them from their contracts. He decided to shove it in their face and 'break' as many big things as he could while on their dime that they wouldn't benefit from.

This wasn't anything like clark claims, but he for sure rushed to get a scoop to be another dig on his former employers one last time before the checks stopped coming from them. He broke this two weeks before the end of that contract.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy Courtney now lashing out at her mother