• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Meyer is getting screwed

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is ducking anything but bucknut fans! That's a flat out fact.

He said NOTHING was true, not one select piece. And I'm not aware that Meyer actually read the entire piece before being asked about it. His responses that I've read were that he was blindsided by the questioning and that's why he didn't respond accurately (As in, he lied when caught off guard).

If one part of a bigger story is false to the best of your knowledge you don't say you knew nothing at all as that is still not truthful (again, another way of saying it is a lie). That's a fact. He wouldn't have had to have had his weak apology if he wasn't guilty. That's another fact. Sorry that facts keep getting in the way of your feel better about yourself narrative, but facts are facts.
It's a well-known fact that McMurphy published his report, Urban was asked a question about it, then McMurphy changed the report (several times), including the part Urban was asked about. No wonder Urban initially said he had no idea what they were talking about - the report stated something as a fact that literally didn't happen. How are you not understanding that? Why do you continue to duck that part of this?

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they come to the conclusion that Meyer did nothing wrong......there better not be a fucking suspension. What is the point? If there was no wrongdoing? At that point you are only pandering to a mob that is not going to be pleased anyway.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATF,

Here is an exchange on dipshits facebook page between him and a hater -

Random bucknut hater ~
Hi Brett,

Care to respond to the fact that you edited your original story in some rather important ways? Of course not, because that would take honesty and integrity.

McMurphy's repsonse ~
Bill, here you go: I received the Powell Police Department original document from 2015 and reported the contents of the document on July 23, along with the 2009 Gainesville police arrest report and the domestic violence protection order, issued against Zach on July 20 - all of which were public documents. After my report on July 23, the Powell Police released a “revised report” the next day on July 24, that Zach was not arrested. I later spoke to the Powell Police Department and asked why a police official in 2015 would indicate Zach was arrested, and then three years later change his status to not arrested in 2018. Again, what I initially reported was an official Powell (Ohio) Police department document, like I reported an official police document from Gainesville when Zach was arrested in 2009. I was not aware of the change in his arrest status in the 2015 incident until the Powell Police released the “revised document” on July 24 and had changed Zach’s status from arrested to not arrested. After I noticed they had changed the arrest status, I contacted a spokesperson with the Powell Police Department (quoted in story below) and I also spoke to the Powell Police Chief, who had no real explanation why his department would report he was arrested in 2015 and then a revised report was changed to not arrested. The official explanation from the Powell Police was that the “terminology” had changed.

After speaking to the Powell Police Chief, I edited my original story from July 23 and changed it, stating Zach was not arrested. I believe I made the change on July 24 (it may have been a different day, I don’t remember. I’m sure you can look at the edit history).

I wanted the information to be correct and that’s why I went in and changed it after the original report. I did not indicate on my story that there were any changes. However, in my Aug. 1 report (referenced below), I explained how the original arrest report status from 2015 was changed in the “revised” report from 2018 and included the Powell Police’s explanation

Pretty sure that's been covered and he addressed it elsewhere.

However the part that just sinks you entirely is McMurphy asked him about it, but you are assuming Meyer had already read the entire 'report' he put out and I have not seen where that is the case anywhere. Can you point that out for us? Where in the timeline is it written that Meyer actually read this entire piece BEFORE the media day event? Because he can't be selectively responding to one incorrect word of a piece he hasn't actually entirely read. Is that fair? So a link would be helpful.
All McMurphy has to do to convince me is release a copy of the report he has.

The two on 11 Warriors that released by Powell PD do not have the "arrested" box checked. Wonder why he won't do that?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All McMurphy has to do to convince me is release a copy of the report he has.

The two on 11 Warriors that released by Powell PD do not have the "arrested" box checked. Wonder why he won't do that?
Well I'll say this, if I found myself in a social media shit storm the last thing I'd do is spend ANY time trying to appease hater trolls from either side. It's a battle you cannot win. It only invites the next conspiracy bullshit nonsense and then after you've answered one, but either don't see or don't respond to another, you are bashed for ducking when that may not be true.

He would be best served to wait for OSU's report and dispensation of this case, cooperate with them if they ask for information including whatever reports he may have received from police or other material that went into his story, and respond to the specifics within that report finding.

McMurphy broke this story and haters all over the net have tried to make him the story. It's best to stay low and wait for the story to play out. And yes, his added posts about raises he got and whatnot are not helpful and not what I would do.

I really have no problem believing his position on those early reports and his description of them because when he mentions directly talking to the police chief and whatnot, he leaves a very easy trail for people to prove it was false if necessary. There's just no way he's going to throw away a career for making up things that are easily able to be debunked. If he needed to make an excuse to cover some kind of fuckup it can't be hard to make one up that doesn't have an easy to verify source. That's just common sense.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You severely underestimate how incredibly stupid people can be
The argument from some of your clan that he did this to make money would be entirely moot if it was just to shoot himself in the foot and remove the chance to make any future money going forward.

Again, I'll stick to common sense until the reports come out and we see the fallout. If they bring up McMurphy and have some compelling information of wrongdoing or something more than just your typical shoddy journalism I'll pick up a bat and stand by you. I'm just not betting the farm that this is how it will go.

I also still don't expect Meyer to suffer any real penalty either. I think this entire situation got blown WAY the fuck out of proportion. I doubt they will find much worthy of punishing for.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The argument from some of your clan that he did this to make money would be entirely moot if it was just to shoot himself in the foot and remove the chance to make any future money going forward.

Again, I'll stick to common sense until the reports come out and we see the fallout. If they bring up McMurphy and have some compelling information of wrongdoing or something more than just your typical shoddy journalism I'll pick up a bat and stand by you. I'm just not betting the farm that this is how it will go.

I also still don't expect Meyer to suffer any real penalty either. I think this entire situation got blown WAY the fuck out of proportion. I doubt they will find much worthy of punishing for.
One thing that's stood out to me in this entire process is why, in fact, McMurphy was the guy that this information was broken with in the 1st place. He lost his job and has been basically a down-on-his-luck former ESPN writer until this happened. Why did she choose him and not ESPN, Fox Sports, SI, TMZ, etc? Yet another bizarre question to add to the mountain that have come up since a couple weeks ago.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well you could turn that "common sense" around in Meyer's case in his favor as well.

If he reported the 2009 incident as required by protocol....he's been a head coach at the college level long enough to know what he has to do. Why would he go silent on the 2015 incident then? Makes no sense if we are going by "common sense".

I think McMurphy is a man desperately trying to keep his name in the ring after getting sacked by ESPN. Desperation makes people do some kooky shit.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'll say this, if I found myself in a social media shit storm the last thing I'd do is spend ANY time trying to appease hater trolls from either side. It's a battle you cannot win. It only invites the next conspiracy bullshit nonsense and then after you've answered one, but either don't see or don't respond to another, you are bashed for ducking when that may not be true.

He would be best served to wait for OSU's report and dispensation of this case, cooperate with them if they ask for information including whatever reports he may have received from police or other material that went into his story, and respond to the specifics within that report finding.

McMurphy broke this story and haters all over the net have tried to make him the story. It's best to stay low and wait for the story to play out. And yes, his added posts about raises he got and whatnot are not helpful and not what I would do.

I really have no problem believing his position on those early reports and his description of them because when he mentions directly talking to the police chief and whatnot, he leaves a very easy trail for people to prove it was false if necessary. There's just no way he's going to throw away a career for making up things that are easily able to be debunked. If he needed to make an excuse to cover some kind of fuckup it can't be hard to make one up that doesn't have an easy to verify source. That's just common sense.
Except he hasn't been laying low. He has continued to post more stuff (like Shelley Meyer not reporting this on Title IX - she had no obligation to do so; and Zach Smith's compensation history LOL).

This is really simple - either he has an arrest report showing Zach was arrested, or he does not. It would be to his advantage and enhance his (cough cough) credibility if he were able to produce it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that's stood out to me in this entire process is why, in fact, McMurphy was the guy that this information was broken with in the 1st place. He lost his job and has been basically a down-on-his-luck former ESPN writer until this happened. Why did she choose him and not ESPN, Fox Sports, SI, TMZ, etc? Yet another bizarre question to add to the mountain that have come up since a couple weeks ago.
That was answered right from the jump. This didn't come about from Courtney going to him. It started by McMurphy going through a FOI act request for all public records after following up on something related to the 2009 thing I believe. He just did a blanket search for Zack Smith and was surprised to find a bunch of reports and then followed up on it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except he hasn't been laying low. He has continued to post more stuff (like Shelley Meyer not reporting this on Title IX - she had no obligation to do so; and Zach Smith's compensation history LOL).

This is really simple - either he has an arrest report showing Zach was arrested, or he does not. It would be to his advantage and enhance his (cough cough) credibility if he were able to produce it.
And again, the time to do that is after OSU puts out their report, particularly if there is any question about elements of his story in that finding. I have zero issues with him not responding to the continued bashing and all the crazy shit coming his way from OSU fans. Like really, go look at his facebook page. It's entirely drowning in attacks.

Why should he answer any of those fools? It wouldn't change anything for any of them (you guys up here included). It's on to the next conspiracy bullshit excuse and/or simply calling anything he does that doesn't help your case a lie.

Your questions would be valid if that report was already in public, it contained questions or contradictions to his report, and he wasn't responding publicly to those elements. And really not until then IMO.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And again, the time to do that is after OSU puts out their report, particularly if there is any question about elements of his story in that finding. I have zero issues with him not responding to the continued bashing and all the crazy shit coming his way from OSU fans. Like really, go look at his facebook page. It's entirely drowning in attacks.

Why should he answer any of those fools? It wouldn't change anything for any of them (you guys up here included). It's on to the next conspiracy bullshit excuse and/or simply calling anything he does that doesn't help your case a lie.

Your questions would be valid if that report was already in public, it contained questions or contradictions to his report, and he wasn't responding publicly to those elements. And really not until then IMO.
So you want him to play "gotcha."

Gotcha.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want him to play "gotcha."

Gotcha.
:wtf:

No, I'm saying if I were him I wouldn't be trying to appease the fuck tards trolling the shit out of him with crazy bullshit. Wait for real questions from those IN the story if they have any. THEN respond with proof if he is called out.

Y'all be some paranoid crazy ass homers.

The process will play itself out soon enough and if there's a reason for his career to take a hit, McMurphy will have to answer for it at that time.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf:

No, I'm saying if I were him I wouldn't be trying to appease the fuck tards trolling the shit out of him with crazy bullshit. Wait for real questions from those IN the story if they have any. THEN respond with proof if he is called out.

Y'all be some paranoid crazy ass homers.

The process will play itself out soon enough and if there's a reason for his career to take a hit, McMurphy will have to answer for it at that time.
This should've been Meyer's stance from the start rather than give any credence to McMurphy's initial bullshit report.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should've been Meyer's stance from the start rather than give any credence to McMurphy's initial bullshit report.
This story blowing up has almost nothing to do with McMurphy's initial story. Had Meyer not said he wasn't aware of anything it's a page 2 blurb at best. This ONLY became a shit storm because he lied about knowing anything. So now we have this larger than life event holding him back from his team during fall camp while the school makes damn sure it has every duck in a row to avoid more shit in their face.

Keep blaming the person who wrote the story, but this BS was Meyer's fault and an inevitable conclusion in this social media driven wacky world we live in anymore.

They will clear it up and the truth will come out. Meyer will likely return and his team will be ready for that speed bump of an opening game coming in a few weeks. Whatever McMurphy's fate should be will come out at that time and there will be plenty of time to go after those details.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was answered right from the jump. This didn't come about from Courtney going to him. It started by McMurphy going through a FOI act request for all public records after following up on something related to the 2009 thing I believe. He just did a blanket search for Zack Smith and was surprised to find a bunch of reports and then followed up on it.
Where did you read that? Honest question, I can't find where it says it all thoroughly.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you read that? Honest question, I can't find where it says it all thoroughly.
I wish I had that at my fingers. He spoke to a couple of different outlets including ESPN after things started to get crazy and he went over all of that. I do not recall if it was his ESPN interview, or one of the others. I really wasn't paying that much attention to the story. He did go into some detail about how it started and how it got to that point and said it was the freedom of information search that dug all that up and lead him to that point. I'd check with his interviews about his piece if you want that.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This story blowing up has almost nothing to do with McMurphy's initial story. Had Meyer not said he wasn't aware of anything it's a page 2 blurb at best. This ONLY became a shit storm because he lied about knowing anything. So now we have this larger than life event holding him back from his team during fall camp while the school makes damn sure it has every duck in a row to avoid more shit in their face.

Keep blaming the person who wrote the story, but this BS was Meyer's fault and an inevitable conclusion in this social media driven wacky world we live in anymore.

They will clear it up and the truth will come out. Meyer will likely return and his team will be ready for that speed bump of an opening game coming in a few weeks. Whatever McMurphy's fate should be will come out at that time and there will be plenty of time to go after those details.
It has everything to do with his initial story, and Meyer couldn't have been aware of what McMurphy's initial story said because it never happened. I'd be WAY more worried if Meyer had actually said "Yeah I knew about what McMurphy said happened", because that would mean there was an actual arrest.

None of this was Meyer's fault. He didn't beat Zach Smith's wife, he didn't keep her from pressing charges in 2015, and he didn't make up information and publish it as fact so the media could throw it in his face out of nowhere on media day.

The very fact that McMurphy has had to go back to his original story and edit it several times because of inaccuracies shows that he's a low end has-been that was desperate to get his career back on track.