• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Meyer is getting screwed

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you flaming fucking moron. He was asked about incidents of 2015 between Zach Smith and Courtney Smith and said he knew nothing. That’s why he had to post on Twitter how he knew Smith was involved in those incidents in 2015.

Stop acting like you give a shit about anything more than losing a football coach who gets you wins. Because we all know if this was anyone else, you’d read the riot act.
He was asked about the falsely reported incident in the McMurphy report, so of course he didn't know about it happening. The report had just come out that day. He came out later and said he wasn't entirely honest because he knew of allegations that he reported, but knew nothing of an arrest for felonious assault - which is true, because it never happened.

You're right - I don't give a shit about Zach or Courtney Smith. Sounds like their marriage was toxic from all sides and Urban made the mistake of trying to stay involved with it. What I give a shit about is people acting like this is all Urban's fault even though he wasn't going to be able to do a damn thing about what was happening in their house. But please, keep on burning him at the stake over something you aren't even fully educated on.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landis asked Meyer if he was “aware of alleged incidents with Zach in 2009 and 2015,” May asked about “the revelation from yesterday” and Murphy asked about the “2015 thing.”

Meyer responded, saying, “In 2015, there was nothing. When I first heard that last night, I said, ‘Do some research,’ and there was nothing.”

Later that morning, speaking from the podium, Meyer was again asked about the “inquiry into 2015” and he said, “2015, I got a text late last night something happened in 2015. And there was nothing. Once again, there’s nothing – once again, I don’t know who creates a story like that.”

In neither of those cases was Meyer asked about whether Zach Smith was arrested in 2015. He was only asked about the incident in vague terms, like “revelation,” “thing,” and “inquiry.”
So he was asked about the "revelation from yesterday"? IE, the McMurphy report that said there was an arrest when there wasn't one? No shit Urban said it didn't happen. No shit when he first heard about it the night before and said do some research he came up with nothing. The arrest never frickin happened.

“2015, I got a text late last night something happened in 2015. And there was nothing. Once again, there’s nothing – once again, I don’t know who creates a story like that.”

--- Yeah, no shit. The report said he was arrested and charged with felonious assault. That never happened.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you are wrong. He lied and he admitted it.

“In 2015, there was nothing. When I first heard that last night, I said, ‘Do some research,’ and there was nothing.”
That's not the same as I'm not aware of an arrest. He said there was NOTHING. That means exactly what it sounds like. Not an accusation or an incident that may have involved the police. It means there was no call bringing Zack back to answer questions. It means he never challenged him about it. NOTHING MEANS NOTHING. It's really that simple.

And he admitted it. So why can't blind homers accept it? :L

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you flaming fucking moron. .
Also, why do you always attack people with homophobic slurs all the time? Didn't you call me something like a "cum-guzzling faggot" or something the other day? Fucking hell dude, dial it back,

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was asked about the falsely reported incident in the McMurphy report, so of course he didn't know about it happening. The report had just come out that day. He came out later and said he wasn't entirely honest because he knew of allegations that he reported, but knew nothing of an arrest for felonious assault - which is true, because it never happened.

You're right - I don't give a shit about Zach or Courtney Smith. Sounds like their marriage was toxic from all sides and Urban made the mistake of trying to stay involved with it. What I give a shit about is people acting like this is all Urban's fault even though he wasn't going to be able to do a damn thing about what was happening in their house. But please, keep on burning him at the stake over something you aren't even fully educated on.

Jesus dude, all the criticism coming his way is more than deserved. He freaking lied about it happening and then changed his tune to he screwed up. Come on man. I don’t think he deserves to be fired but he absolutely deserves the shit he has coming his way.

Why the fuck would you lie if you did indeed go through the proper channels? There’s no reason for it and looks like he’s hiding something.

No but please tell me I’m not educated while you continue to suck his cock ignorantly.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, why do you always attack people with homophobic slurs all the time? Didn't you call me something like a "cum-guzzling faggot" or something the other day? Fucking hell dude, dial it back,

Bahahahahaha I’ll dial it back when you stop being an insufferable OSU homer, deal?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you are wrong. He lied and he admitted it.

“In 2015, there was nothing. When I first heard that last night, I said, ‘Do some research,’ and there was nothing.”
That's not the same as I'm not aware of an arrest. He said there was NOTHING. That means exactly what it sounds like. Not an accusation or an incident that may have involved the police. It means there was no call bringing Zack back to answer questions. It means he never challenged him about it. NOTHING MEANS NOTHING. It's really that simple.

And he admitted it. So why can't blind homers accept it? :L
I've already said that's why he came out later and made his statement.

"My words, whether in a reply to a reporter's question or in addressing a personnel issue, must be clear, compassionate, and most of all, completely accurate. Unfortunately, at Big Ten Media Days on July 24th, I failed on many of these fronts. My intention was not to say anything inaccurate or misleading. However, I was not adequately prepared to discuss these sensitive personnel issues with the media, and I apologize for the way I handled those questions."

He knew of the allegations and reported them. He didn't know of the supposed arrest he had just learned about. His words absolutely made it sounds like there was nothing reported or alleged. I've said that. You, however, have absolutely no idea what questions he asked Zach. Hell, Smith himself even came out and said that he was told by Meyer personally that if he actually had beat her, he would be fired.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad part is, his lying to the media doesn't really mean anything and shouldn't bring any penalty so why the fuck are blind homers so aggressively ignoring the glaring and self admitted reality that he did indeed lie?

He clearly did and owned up to it so accept it and move on.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, so he admitted to lying. It was clear as day and right there in print. So move on and deal with it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus dude, all the criticism coming his way is more than deserved. He freaking lied about it happening and then changed his tune to he screwed up. Come on man. I don’t think he deserves to be fired but he absolutely deserves the shit he has coming his way.

Why the fuck would you lie if you did indeed go through the proper channels? There’s no reason for it and looks like he’s hiding something.

No but please tell me I’m not educated while you continue to suck his cock ignorantly.
Fucking hell, more homophobic slurs from you.

Yeah he deserves criticism for not being entirely clear to the media. So what? If it comes out that he reported the allegations in 2015 afterall, what are you getting so pissy about?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking hell, more homophobic slurs from you.

Yeah he deserves criticism for not being entirely clear to the media. So what? If it comes out that he reported the allegations in 2015 afterall, what are you getting so pissy about?

LOL the only one getting pissy is you. He may have indeed reported them. But he didn’t need to lie about not knowing about them. Seriously, he lied. GTF Over it

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reece Davis: "If lying to the media could get a coach fired, there would be no football coaches."
I have no doubt that was said in reference to coaches denying rumors that they are taking some other job

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL the only one getting pissy is you. He may have indeed reported them. But he didn’t need to lie about not knowing about them. Seriously, he lied. GTF Over it
Show me where he lied about allegations and not about the McMurphy report, which was being talked about at media days and has since been proven to be false.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't fix it ralphie. The almighty Urban doesn't make mistakes. He's a fucking saint.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://asaptext.com/asap_media/media/44/477/transcripts/30343.pdf

Here is the question and the answer. Tell me that’s not a lie.
I'm sitting here reading this:

Q. You said earlier that you were aware of the incident with Zach in 2009. Your inquiry into 2015 was unfounded. You couldn't find anything. Why fire Zach now if you had kept him on staff after 2009?
A. 2015, I got a text late last night something happened in 2015. And there was nothing. Once again, there's nothing -- once again, I don't know who creates a story like that.

Looks to me like he said Urban himself had an inquiry into 2015 and couldn't find anything. That's true. There were no arrests, no charges, nothing. Urban then said late last night he had gotten a text saying something had happened and then says "there was nothing". Again, there were no arrests, no charges, nothing. This, again, is true. Where is this horrible lie?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I mean people are in the habit of admitting to lies they didn't make. That's a thing.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sitting here reading this:

Q. You said earlier that you were aware of the incident with Zach in 2009. Your inquiry into 2015 was unfounded. You couldn't find anything. Why fire Zach now if you had kept him on staff after 2009?
A. 2015, I got a text late last night something happened in 2015. And there was nothing. Once again, there's nothing -- once again, I don't know who creates a story like that.

Looks to me like he said Urban himself had an inquiry into 2015 and couldn't find anything. That's true. There were no arrests, no charges, nothing. Urban then said late last night he had gotten a text saying something had happened and then says "there was nothing". Again, there were no arrests, no charges, nothing. This, again, is true. Where is this horrible lie?

He is literally saying he just found out about 2015 the night before. Last week he admits he knew about incident/s from 2015.

I’m not sure if you are being deliberately stupid or you actually are.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't fix it ralphie. The almighty Urban doesn't make mistakes. He's a fucking saint.

I don’t know why I get into it with him. Honestly he is great to chat with outside of OSU.