• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Meyer is getting screwed

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s try this for a third fucking time.

WHAT STORY WOULD HAVE BEEN TOLD BY HERMAN TO MCMURPHY THAT WOULD CAUSE HIM TO INVESTIGATE SMITH THAT HAD NO SHADY UNDERTONES TO IT?????
Answer my question first boy, it had nothing to do with Herman.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus fucking Christ, you illiterate fuck, I stated that would have been the story that would have to be spun to get McMurphy to begin investigating this because why else does Herman go to a reporter with a supposed story that doesn’t blow back on Urban. No reporter on the planet would give two shits about a guy who is making tens of millions of dollars to pay for a family friend’s divorce. I said that before. But you have no answer to my question because it is absurd and Snook is lying through his teeth with his “sources” and “evidence” he has that Herman did all of this over a recruit.

Again since you are as bright as a dead Christmas bulb in daylight, I’m not saying Urban knew, I’m saying something has to have been said to McMurphy to make it worth his while to start an investigation. Paying for someone’s divorce isn’t going to move the needle.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes that was indeed English. And also logic. If you’re going to hold one side of the story to one standard. And the other side of the story to another standard. Especially with the lack of confirmed fact and assumptions. That would be bias.

You mean like call McMurphy a hack for not having documents or sources and then quoting an OSU grad reporter without listing any sources or documents and talking about it as truth?!?

I have no dog in this fight. I’ve said my piece. Zach Smith can go die somewhere. Urban Meyer should be back at OSU, as he didn’t hit anyone.

It all comes down to if OSU has documentation backing the claims of Meyer reporting everything. If they do — he should be free and clear. If they don’t — that’s when Urban could be in some trouble.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue with the either Mom talking — nothing they can say is anything more than heresay. Unless they lived in the house with the Smith’s?!?!

hearsay or not, the fact that her own mom seems to have come out in support of Zach Smith and Urban Meyer is pretty damning.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hearsay or not, the fact that her own mom seems to have come out in support of Zach Smith and Urban Meyer is pretty damning.
Sure, but go look at her FB or other online posts. She's kind of a wack job herself. Not to mention she appears to be a serious OSU fan herself. No, that doesn't disqualify her statements, but she also has been contradicting her own texts from '14 that were given to the police during one of these events. She's just odd at best.

Really really bad look if your mom is out trashing you to media around OSU to be sure.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herman did pay Courtneys bills well after he left OSU. But Herman aside McMurphys main "source" seems to be Courtney. Problem with using Courtney as a "source". Is you're basing all of your information on one side of a story from a biased source regardless of what occurred or whether Smith is a POS.

He did not have the police report he claimed. Nor has he had any evidence that has been verified to confirm story. which was later edited multiple times. Both visual edits as well as edits that we cant see unless they were caught with a screen shot. Or dug up using other tools to uncover deleted information.

As of right now all that exists is speculation and conspiracy theories. The only thing Urban did was say he was unaware of the incident., Which could have been a lie. Or he may have simply misspoke following a loaded question. That could have been taken a few ways. As per Urban he also followed the proper channels in any incidents. Regarding what looks like an extremely complicated relationship.

Given the nature of Social where stories of this nature and shock value blow up quick. Along with how social becomes politically charged. Ie METOO etc...OSU had no choice but to take action to clear this up.

As of now this is a product of careless reporting. And the media frenzy age we live in. The only thing i'll take as fact is what the investigative team report. We could post false Social reports all night. When it effects people thats an issue imo

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Acrux.v2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird... I said boobs and you all stayed the course.. this conversation must be important .. however @ktg8trgrl did post soon after...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like call McMurphy a hack for not having documents or sources and then quoting an OSU grad reporter without listing any sources or documents and talking about it as truth?!?

I have no dog in this fight. I’ve said my piece. Zach Smith can go die somewhere. Urban Meyer should be back at OSU, as he didn’t hit anyone.

It all comes down to if OSU has documentation backing the claims of Meyer reporting everything. If they do — he should be free and clear. If they don’t — that’s when Urban could be in some trouble.
You're kinda getting there. Personally I wouldnt take either reporter as fact. I am pointing out a double standard tho. To claim one as fact is to claim both as fact. Otherwise you could do as I would and base your opinion on the investigative team. Rather than Social Media which is far from reliable.....

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're kinda getting there. Personally I wouldnt take either reporter as fact. I am pointing out a double standard tho. To claim one as fact is to claim both as fact. Otherwise you could do as I would and base your opinion on the investigative team. Rather than Social Media which is far from reliable.....
We do have many here claiming one is fact and the other is completely unreliable from both sides of the argument.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do have many here claiming one is fact and the other is completely unreliable from both sides of the argument.
That I can agree with. Theres too many people putting far too much stock. In reports stemming from social media. Where false reports are extremely common. None of the reports on this have been remotely reliable.For every story I could post another that contradicts the other. So on and so forth

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird... I said boobs and you all stayed the course.. this conversation must be important .. however @ktg8trgrl did post soon after...
yes it wouldn't be the first time somebody conjured me up by posting the word boobs or something like that.. I mean I have 2 of them

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you instead make claims of fact that are false and accuse one reporter of not only not having evidence without knowing what he does or does not have, but further make lies about his employment to continue a narrative that thankfully you appear to not be sticking to today.

McMurphy was driven in this 'story' to get it out before the Dispatch (according to ATF) got theirs out. Further, he wanted to stick it more in ESPN's face one last time before his contract finally ran out and he moved on to Stadium where he had signed a contract early this year to join on the 13th of this month. Those are actual facts and far different from your narrative. Well, they are facts if you take his word for things as it is based off what he has said in interviews. According to you having to edit a couple of elements of a 5k word massive article is proof none of it is true at all. So he's making up his contract details and everything else probably right?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you instead make claims of fact that are false and accuse one reporter of not only not having evidence without knowing what he does or does not have, but further make lies about his employment to continue a narrative that thankfully you appear to not be sticking to today.

McMurphy was driven in this 'story' to get it out before the Dispatch (according to ATF) got theirs out. Further, he wanted to stick it more in ESPN's face one last time before his contract finally ran out and he moved on to Stadium where he had signed a contract early this year to join on the 13th of this month. Those are actual facts and far different from your narrative. Well, they are facts if you take his word for things as it is based off what he has said in interviews. According to you having to edit a couple of elements of a 5k word massive article is proof none of it is true at all. So he's making up his contract details and everything else probably right?

As per your narrative perhaps. I’m going to need confirmation of your “facts”. Feel free to provide your link on McMurohys hire date negotiations. Because that story is conflicted as well etc.... thanks in advance :suds:

Pretty sure I said you have to fact check anyone using twitter as a platform fwiw. McMurphys edits and misinformation are one example of why. We could most likely get this thread to 300 pages posting nothing but false twitter/Facebook reports....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As per your narrative perhaps. I’m going to need confirmation of your “facts”. Feel free to provide your link on McMurohys hire date negotiations. Because that story is conflicted as well etc.... thanks in advance :suds:

Pretty sure I said you have to fact check anyone using twitter as a platform fwiw. McMurphys edits and misinformation are one example of why. We could most likely get this thread to 300 pages posting false twitter reports....
I did provide you that link. Last night. You really need help finding it again?

It's in my response to you here:
Meyer is getting screwed

In case you missed it.

I showed my work, you? Where's your link to the well documented terms of his new job as you claimed?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, more lies and assumptions by you. I guess we should just expect that now. :L

https://deadspin.com/how-espn-ended...flow&utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter

This was posted on Aug 3. It details how and when he was contacted about this job. Read it and then I'll expect your full and complete retraction and correction shortly.

Here, I'll save you the trouble of going to read it....

The fucking gig was signed last year dipshit. And it was penned WAY back then to start on the 13th, the day after his more lucrative ESPN contract ran out.

So where is this well documented fact that he only began to negotiate this after this story broke? Yeah, more entirely made up assumed bullshit from a total bullshit artist. The actual truth didn't fit your narrative so you fabricated one of your own. He didn't create this story to make money, nor to get a job. He had both already going. You are simply factually wrong. Entirely and completely in every possible way.

Good night.

giphy.gif

@Across The Field , This also was one of the things I had read where he talked about how he started this story and got to that point. If you were still interested. Forgot it came off his interview with someone at deadspin.
As per Brett McMurphy,deadpan and "Born Salty? :laugh3:

You may want to read the Watch Stadium article

You put way too much faith in Social and Click bait sites :dhd:

You also may want to read the texts coming from Tom Hermans wife that contradict Smiths statements.....

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A broad response to everyone who disagreed and gave chunky, corn turd ratings.

It's not Urban Meyer University. It's tOSU. Urban is taking the heat because he's the most recognizable face at the university.

Best part of this. The same people who disagree are the same one's who like to crack on the University of Tennessees coaching search. Greg Schiano was vetted by tOSU and those rednecks are crazy for painting rocks and protesting a hire.

Urban is getting screwed. This would be like @Red_Alert getting fired from kmart because he recommended that his manager hired one of his buddies and then his buddy did some dumb shit.

With all that said. tOSU isn't at fault either. No one knows what really goes on in someone else's home. Everyone has a preconceived notion about something they don't really know about, but it's popular to be outraged now days. It's popular to think that women who don't stay home and raise kids don't make as much as men who don't stay home and raise kids, but it's all a false preconceived opinion.

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As per Brett McMurphy,deadpan and "Born Salty? :laugh3:

You may want to read the Watch Stadium article

You put way too much faith in Social and Click bait sites :dhd:

You also may want to read the texts coming from Tom Hermans wife that contradict Smiths statements.....
Ok, so Hermans wife has what to do with when McMurphy signed a deal? :L Right, more attempts at disctractions.

Where's your proof exactly? If you want things read from Stadiums article POST IT YOU TWIT.

The Deadspin article was posted on Aug 3rd or are you not that smart? You know, two days after his story broke.

So it is a FACT for sure he signed a deal before that unless you now claim he was clairvoyant? :noidea:

That story was an interview with McMurphy and he tweeted it out. It wasn't some online hack digging and posting garbage about his former school or anything.

Where is your proof he only signed with them days ago? I want to see this so I can laugh louder.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so Hermans wife has what to do with when McMurphy signed a deal? :L Right, more attempts at disctractions.

Where's your proof exactly? If you want things read from Stadiums article POST IT YOU TWIT.

The Deadspin article was posted on Aug 3rd or are you not that smart? You know, two days after his story broke.

So it is a FACT for sure he signed a deal before that unless you now claim he was clairvoyant? :noidea:

That story was an interview with McMurphy and he tweeted it out. It wasn't some online hack digging and posting garbage about his former school or anything.

Where is your proof he only signed with them days ago? I want to see this so I can laugh louder.
So what you are saying is one could

Put out a false story to gain a reaction using a platform designed to push a false story i.e. social media

Edit that story once actual facts are reported

And edit without a retraction later

See how it works and why you shouldn't believe everything yu read on Twitter/Facebook? That example was far too easy even easier on Social. If people want to believe they will believe.This is the nature of SM

giphy.gif