• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not automatically cast out, they just must be voted back in.

For example, this year ( unless something changed) it would be Steelers Pride and TK. I will vote SP back in all day long because he is active on the boards and deserves another shot. Anybody can have a bad year.

That being said, I cannot, in good faith vote to bring TK back. He was inactive last year, although he had a good reason, and this year he has the lowest point total in both leagues. On top of all that, I don't see him posting often on these boards. I have nothing personal against the guy, but he has not really given us a reason to keep him in the league when there are other strong candidates out there.

That is how I think the oblivion rule can and should be used. Again though, it is not an automatic banishment.

In other words Fuzz, should Treff or Monkey have another bad year in the Barbarian league, I doubt anyone is going to vote to have them cast out.

OK then- this sounds good. I get it. It is the vote part that keeps the league intact.

DuffBeer Doug

Burn on big river,burn on
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you guys don't think Crosby can outscore Cobb by 30 in a snow storm?

Crosby could do it if the Packers have 4 or 5 fake FG's from long distance and Crosby runs/passes each one for 40-50+ yards each. But usually it's the kick holder that get that kind of glory. So I guess it'll have to be 10 FG's and no passing yards to speak of by Rodgers to Cobb.

You have about as much chance as I do of catching and passing up the other guys to snag the points tie-breaker.

Here's to hoping for miracles on both our parts, TLance.

:suds:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crosby could do it if the Packers have 4 or 5 fake FG's from long distance and Crosby runs/passes each one for 40-50+ yards each. But usually it's the kick holder that get that kind of glory. So I guess it'll have to be 10 FG's and no passing yards to speak of by Rodgers to Cobb.

You have about as much chance as I do of catching and passing up the other guys to snag the points tie-breaker.

Here's to hoping for miracles on both our parts, TLance.

:suds:

Careful though, Duff, if I get mine, it means that you do not get yours.

It is okay. I think I get the breakdown and points titles pretty much whatever happens tonight. Joe can have the number 1 seed.

DuffBeer Doug

Burn on big river,burn on
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful though, Duff, if I get mine, it means that you do not get yours.

I know, but we both have to dream don't we? Good luck tonight and I hope I squeak in for a rematch in the playoffs. That would be our third game and a best of 3 tie-breaker for us.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad we can't have a Super MBBRL Bowl like the old AFL/NFL showdown. Now that would be epic.

wouldn't be that difficult, since the teams can't have the same players, a quick re-draft between weeks 16&17..Superbowl week 17. But as Joe said, would have to be scored manually as I can't think of a way to draft a two man league in week 16.5 on any automated site

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wouldn't be that difficult, since the teams can't have the same players, a quick re-draft between weeks 16&17..Superbowl week 17. But as Joe said, would have to be scored manually as I can't think of a way to draft a two man league in week 16.5 on any automated site

one week, one game is very easy to score manually... so if that is all that is stoppping us, then it shouldn't...

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking that week 17, they just align their rosters for one final matchup across cyberspace.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that Nelson touchdown puts Sam one point behind Fuzzy in total points. If Green Bay gets the ball back, Jordy Nelson needs 4 yards for the tie and 14 for Sam to pull ahead. I'm not even involved in this and I'm on the edge of my seat.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Packers run the ball- No more Jordy.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That'd work too. Just something wrong about the possibility of Rodgers v Rodgers, or Murray v Murray

yea, but a 2 owner fantasy draft would look very silly with studs... even if its week 17...

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure that I can schedule a game and set up co owners in my pay league I'll look into it just say the word. I figure the matching players are a wash

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about they both post line ups and wHich ever players match are removed and we do a quick SportsHoopla board draft to replace them

Let's say The A champ and B champ both have Gronk and Lacy. Then they both remove Gronk and Lacy and either team is allowed 2 pickups from any roster

We can use their respective season point totals to
determine which team goes first to pick a player

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll try to make it clear

Both teams post line ups

Then we remove common players from line ups

Then we refill lineups via msg board draft.

Champ from either league with more total points gained all year picks 1st snake draft if more than 1 round

I'm almost positive that I can load rosters for the big game

I then send link so the game can be witnessed

I pm those who feel the need to watch live

Only issue is adjusting scoring rules. That could take me awhile.

Yet if this really interests the gang. Well my input would be worth it and I know appreciated.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about they both post line ups and wHich ever players match are removed and we do a quick SportsHoopla board draft to replace them

Let's say The A champ and B champ both have Gronk and Lacy. Then they both remove Gronk and Lacy and either team is allowed 2 pickups from any roster

We can use their respective season point totals to
determine which team goes first to pick a player

Honestly, I just don't think it makes sense to do it.

I don't think having a couple of the same players is a real obstacle, but assembling the rosters under different conditions surely is. There are too many variables in play and the game would be an apples to oranges comparison. We are not looking at the same free agent pools all season long while we are building our teams. Also, there is a reason why fantasy leagues end in week 16. Many of the horses you ride to the title are resting up for post season runs.

The two Super Bowl champs will get to face off, in 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I just don't think it makes sense to do it.

I don't think having a couple of the same players is a real obstacle, but assembling the rosters under different conditions surely is. There are too many variables in play and the game would be an apples to oranges comparison. We are not looking at the same free agent pools all season long while we are building our teams. Also, there is a reason why fantasy leagues end in week 16. Many of the horses you ride to the title are resting up for post season runs.

The two Super Bowl champs will get to face off, in 2015.

i think we all know that though... but as these leagues are all about bragging rights, that is really all you can gain, even if the brag is unwarranted...