• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

DuffBeer Doug

Burn on big river,burn on
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a Browns fan here:

Hoyer has been going down the tubes for the last 5-6 weeks. He simply can't get the job done. He was a fantastic game-manager for the awhile but has lost "it." With Gordon coming back, as TKO stated, Hoyer was forcing the ball to him. As for Gordon, what he says it that he knows the playbook but the terminology has changed and he is not making the correct reads on his coverage as the play progresses. Last week against the Bills, he cut left and Hoyer threw right and right into the CB hands for a pick. Albeit, Gordon was suspended and couldn't have contact or practice and sure the game plan has changed a bit, he (and Hoyer) are becoming liabilities for the Browns in clutch situations. Throw in the fact that Austin is on IR, he was their third down chain mover. Austin was by far not a good fantasy player, but he made the tough catches and I believe was leading the NFL in 3rd down conversion catches. Also add that Cam Jordan, the TE, has been out for 3-4 weeks after a concussion, and all they don't have any go-to guys other than Gordon.

All in all, Gordon isn't adjusting his routes properly and Hoyer is inaccurate. The Browns offense has been set up with the play action for a good portion of the season. However, their running game took a big hit when Center Alex Mack went down for the year. Just a perfect storm of inadequacy for the offense. Can't run, teams keying on Gordon, Hoyer forcing the ball in anyway. I'm just praying they can get one more win to make it to 0.500 on the year.

After this last game, Hoyer pretty much gave it away to the Colts after the DEF had a great game. Time for the rookie Manziel to show what he's got and hopefully light a spark in this team, cause Hoyer is done.

DuffBeer Doug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad........

Jordan Cameron not Cam Jordan at TE

DuffBeer Doug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Hoyer completed just 14-of-31 passes for 140 yards and two interceptions as the Browns fell 25-24 to the Colts in Week 14.

We'd guess he left at least 200 yards and definitely two touchdowns on the field in a horrific performance. Hoyer killed a promising Browns first-quarter drive with an end-zone pick thrown into heavy coverage. He also had a horrendous second-quarter overthrow of a wide-open Taylor Gabriel for a would-be touchdown bomb. Hoyer again missed Josh Gordon deep for another would-be TD in the fourth quarter. Cleveland actually had the lead for most of the game, so Hoyer stayed in despite awful play. The Browns will have to seriously contemplate turning to Johnny Manziel ahead of Week 15 against the Bengals.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Johnny Manziel still rocks and rolls all night and parties every day.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something I have been thinking about....

Obviously anybody can have a nightmare year where everything goes wrong. Should there be some level of achievement that gives an owner 1 free pass from relegation?

Maybe some combined number of breakdown titles + championships? Like 6? A league only of course.

My opinion on this:
It appears we have 24 strong players in the two leagues (and a mechanism to replace guys when necessary) so playing in either league would be fun and competitive. One of the unique features of MBBRL is relegation. I would suggest that we have no exceptions to relegation. Every year stands on its own and if you get moved down you fight to get back and if you are up you fight to stay! I have been in the A league each year, but based on my observation from afar, it would be fun to play in the free wheeling style with the Barbarians...if I had to.

DuffBeer Doug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Johnny Manziel still rocks and rolls all night and parties every day.

:suds:

Thanks for the laugh Chef. I'm thinking we just may find out when/if Manziel gets the start this week.

DuffBeer Doug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Gene Simmons still pisses a higher potency than any party Johnny has ever been to

I like Gene's money sign better, too.

article_attachment_1184518745.jpg

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the Browns here. Have you watched him? He makes up his own routes. Only hustled when he wants. I thought they forced it to him way too much vs the Bills. I think trying to get him the ball made them worse.

And yet they lost (and me along with them) a game they should have won by just getting a couple of more first downs. I still think when the game is on the line it is an idiotic, foolish move to bench your biggest offensive weapon on 3rd downs when you need to throw the ball. ....

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion on this:
It appears we have 24 strong players in the two leagues (and a mechanism to replace guys when necessary) so playing in either league would be fun and competitive. One of the unique features of MBBRL is relegation. I would suggest that we have no exceptions to relegation. Every year stands on its own and if you get moved down you fight to get back and if you are up you fight to stay! I have been in the A league each year, but based on my observation from afar, it would be fun to play in the free wheeling style with the Barbarians...if I had to.

I tend to agree with this point - this approach was established as the foundation several yrs ago by the great one. I will say that I hate seeing any long time member relegated. The Founders have put a great deal of time and effort into this league, but most involved have also. The problem becomes, criteria for exemption - how 'fair' would it be if say, the bottom 3-4 teams had tenure/exemptions and a playoff team ended up relegated ?

DuffBeer Doug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion on this:

Fuzzy has my vote on this. The DilWuffs started off 1-5 and on the brink of relegation. Nothing wrong with that, actually I felt I deserved it, probably the worst team in both leagues. I didn't have much time to give the league and injuries were playing a huge part. Figured my team was going over to the Barbarians and next year I'd have to just fight like hell to get back. I'd certainly miss the guys I've played the MBBRL with in the Keepers for the last 3-4 years but I also have seen the Barbarians play. Certainly not a demotion, as they have performed as well as the Old Guard they just happen to be our second league. I see it as nothing more than another group of talented guys to show what I can bring. It's not a demotion in my eyes, just a lateral move.

I think the problem here is that a few are seeing this as an 'A' team and a 'B' team with the A's being "better" than the B's. The Keepers champ is no more a champ than that of the Barbarians. It's just that the Barbarian gets to slide on over to play in our longer established league. It's just an attempt to mix up the pool of talented fantasy coaches, otherwise we could have just left it as is where nobody moves and we just had two MBBRL leagues.

DuffBeer Doug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you ask me, give or take a few more years, I figure the two leagues will both be a 50/50 mix of Keepers and Barbarians. And we'll have our first few returns of coaches to the league they started in. Good company all around.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuzzy has my vote on this. The DilWuffs started off 1-5 and on the brink of relegation. Nothing wrong with that, actually I felt I deserved it, probably the worst team in both leagues. I didn't have much time to give the league and injuries were playing a huge part. Figured my team was going over to the Barbarians and next year I'd have to just fight like hell to get back. I'd certainly miss the guys I've played the MBBRL with in the Keepers for the last 3-4 years but I also have seen the Barbarians play. Certainly not a demotion, as they have performed as well as the Old Guard they just happen to be our second league. I see it as nothing more than another group of talented guys to show what I can bring. It's not a demotion in my eyes, just a lateral move.

I think the problem here is that a few are seeing this as an 'A' team and a 'B' team with the A's being "better" than the B's. The Keepers champ is no more a champ than that of the Barbarians. It's just that the Barbarian gets to slide on over to play in our longer established league. It's just an attempt to mix up the pool of talented fantasy coaches, otherwise we could have just left it as is where nobody moves and we just had two MBBRL leagues.

EXCELLENT point Duff. ......

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad we can't have a Super MBBRL Bowl like the old AFL/NFL showdown. Now that would be epic.

If we decide to go forward without any exemption to relegation, I would also suggest that bottom teams in the Barbarians would not automatically be cast into oblivion. We have 24 strong and they only get tossed for nonparticipation or other egregious act, like collusion. As we go along we are bound to have openings just based on normal attrition and life style changes.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad we can't have a Super MBBRL Bowl like the old AFL/NFL showdown. Now that would be epic.

If we decide to go forward without any exemption to relegation, I would also suggest that bottom teams in the Barbarians would not automatically be cast into oblivion. We have 24 strong and they only get tossed for nonparticipation or other egregious act, like collusion. As we go along we are bound to have openings just based on normal attrition and life style changes.

They are not automatically cast out, they just must be voted back in.

For example, this year ( unless something changed) it would be Steelers Pride and TK. I will vote SP back in all day long because he is active on the boards and deserves another shot. Anybody can have a bad year.

That being said, I cannot, in good faith vote to bring TK back. He was inactive last year, although he had a good reason, and this year he has the lowest point total in both leagues. On top of all that, I don't see him posting often on these boards. I have nothing personal against the guy, but he has not really given us a reason to keep him in the league when there are other strong candidates out there.

That is how I think the oblivion rule can and should be used. Again though, it is not an automatic banishment.

In other words Fuzz, should Treff or Monkey have another bad year in the Barbarian league, I doubt anyone is going to vote to have them cast out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the best I can figure it, Ram has clinched his division with Lefty's tie unless there's a scoring change before the results are final even if Ram loses. Joe will clinch the division over Fuzzy unless Rodgers breaks his leg in the 1st series or it's snowing so hard he can't see since Joe only needs 6 points out of him. Regardless though, one of them will be 8-6. Tlance is going to lose to Wilduff and Sam is going to beat Bandit so that is going to give us 3 teams at 8-6 for the wild card (Sam, Dilwuff, and Fuzzy).

Using the points for tiebreaker as discussed on the board, Sam needs to make up 28 on Fuzzy this week to catch him on points which would mean he needs 27 points out of Jordy Nelson tonight to tie him in points and 28 or more to pass him.

Dilwuff started a lot farther down, as he was trailing Fuzzy by 70 entering this week, but he already has 131 which is 42 ahead of Fuzzy for the week, which would mean that Dilwuff needs 28 points out of Randall Cobb to tie Fuzzy and 29 points to pass him.

Both Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb have a chance to put those numbers on the board if Rodgers plays a favorite tonight, but it will be tough if he spreads it around. At least there's still some drama left. Good luck to all of you guys from us losers already sitting at the bar looking forward to next season.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chef I know it doesn't seem like you should be celebrating that 65 points right now, but let me be the first to welcome you to the A league next year as Micro's 71 points isn't going to be enough to make up the ground he needs to catch you in breakdown. Things will be interesting next year throwing the wheeling and dealing (or should it be slicing and dicing?) Chef into the mix with the much more conservative A league, so congratulations and we'll save a seat at the bar for you. :suds:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the best I can figure it, Ram has clinched his division with Lefty's tie unless there's a scoring change before the results are final even if Ram loses. Joe will clinch the division over Fuzzy unless Rodgers breaks his leg in the 1st series or it's snowing so hard he can't see since Joe only needs 6 points out of him. Regardless though, one of them will be 8-6. Tlance is going to lose to Wilduff and Sam is going to beat Bandit so that is going to give us 3 teams at 8-6 for the wild card (Sam, Dilwuff, and Fuzzy).

Using the points for tiebreaker as discussed on the board, Sam needs to make up 28 on Fuzzy this week to catch him on points which would mean he needs 27 points out of Jordy Nelson tonight to tie him in points and 28 or more to pass him.

Dilwuff started a lot farther down, as he was trailing Fuzzy by 70 entering this week, but he already has 131 which is 42 ahead of Fuzzy for the week, which would mean that Dilwuff needs 28 points out of Randall Cobb to tie Fuzzy and 29 points to pass him.

Both Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb have a chance to put those numbers on the board if Rodgers plays a favorite tonight, but it will be tough if he spreads it around. At least there's still some drama left. Good luck to all of you guys from us losers already sitting at the bar looking forward to next season.

So, you guys don't think Crosby can outscore Cobb by 30 in a snow storm?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As in professional sports leagues, I suspect early volatility will yield to stability (and pretty soon), so I wouldn't count on much more attrition.

Oblivion (or The Commissioner's Exempt List) is a good way to keep people interested and fighting. I think it certainly made the end of the season more enjoyable for OBX. And it's not like they are locked out. Steelers and TK can both be voted back in, but it's not a bad thing if they get competition from Nos, for example, who narrowly missed getting in this year. And if there is attrition, even more likely that everyone could return.

Wait. I'm repeating Tlance. That's what comes of taking an hour to post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chef I know it doesn't seem like you should be celebrating that 65 points right now, but let me be the first to welcome you to the A league next year as Micro's 71 points isn't going to be enough to make up the ground he needs to catch you in breakdown. Things will be interesting next year throwing the wheeling and dealing (or should it be slicing and dicing?) Chef into the mix with the much more conservative A league, so congratulations and we'll save a seat at the bar for you. :suds:

Thanks, Bandit! It is an honor to be here. :suds:

Perhaps I will try to subdue my style a bit next year...

...nah! :pound: