• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, besides for my QB, none of my starters(including defense and kicker) is projected for 9 points or more...

This is gonna be a tough week...

With that said, i actually love some of my matchups, and considered a few of them my top sleeper picks this week...

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my two cents on garbage time. It's no different than trying to pick players on teams with shitty defenses (the Saints and Lions) because you know they aren't going to shut anybody else down, so there is more a chance that they will be playing from behind. We use that strategy while drafting and ranking players, so why should it be any different in a game for game situation. Yes it sucks when you are watching a guy put up garbage time points, but we have all been on both sides of that. Plus, it's not like everybody gets a boost. His "#1" wide receiver Allen Robinson still only ended up with 7 points and it pretty much ditches any chance for a running back to have a decent game. Besides I don't know why anybody should be shocked, because Bortles freaking lived on garbage time last year. Anybody that watched the ESPN fantasy marathon before the season can tell you that Matthew Berry said several times that Bortles threw more touchdowns last year while trailing in the 4th quarter than anybody else in the history of football!

What I don't understand is Milk's argument that somehow completion percentage and first downs would be a way to level out the points that quarterbacks are putting up in garbage time. It's actually much easier to complete passes and pick up first downs in garbage time than it is the rest of the game. There seems to be some kind of misconception that because a player (especially a quarterback) has a bad game in real life that his fantasy numbers should reflect that. But why should that matter? Fantasy football isn't about identifying who the real life better player is or Tom Brady would always be the first quarterback taken every year. Why is it the quarterback's fault that his defense sucks and he has to throw 60 passes during the game to try and catch up? Yes, Bortles was bad early, but there's no reason that if the defense was still playing football that he could have only been down 6-0 at the half instead of 27-0 and then there is no garbage time. It's part of the strategy that every one of us has used to pick quarterbacks and wide receivers on teams with bad defenses. It just makes sense.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say, I have never been happier to see the key piece i just acquired in trade go down with a season ending injury.

Booker time!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Bandit and TKO.
This is football. Flaws and all.
Milk suggested completion % but I think Chef and Milk both hit on the "real" quantifier in their comments earlier in this conversation...
Award a point or 2 if the player's team WINS the game.

Would definitely change the strategy of a draft.
Trying to predict win/loss teams, and how it would affect the players involved.

Just tossing that out there. I don't really want to see it happen.
But awarding bonus points when a player's team wins would definitely separate the "garbage" players.

Might be worth noting that Stafford, Megatron, Forte (with the Bears) and AP would probably be considered "garbage" players since the Lions, Bears and Vikes lost a lot of games with them.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Bandit and TKO.
This is football. Flaws and all.
Milk suggested completion % but I think Chef and Milk both hit on the "real" quantifier in their comments earlier in this conversation...
Award a point or 2 if the player's team WINS the game.

Would definitely change the strategy of a draft.
Trying to predict win/loss teams, and how it would affect the players involved.

Just tossing that out there. I don't really want to see it happen.
But awarding bonus points when a player's team wins would definitely separate the "garbage" players.

Might be worth noting that Stafford, Megatron, Forte (with the Bears) and AP would probably be considered "garbage" players since the Lions, Bears and Vikes lost a lot of games with them.
But then we're opening up a new can of worms..my QB would've been in the winning team, but the defense allowed a hail marry, or vice versa , the other guy got bonus points becuase his team won on a hail mary...or won or list becuase of a made/missed FG...we're starting to tread into some dangerous areas of attributing points to guys for thing they have little to do with. granted to a point we've always been there, a QB can't score without the WR's doing what they do, and on and on..but to give a bonus point or two, to a RB or a WR, or whomever, for the game as a whole when it could just as easily be the defense, or the kicker, or the other team's screw up that wins the game. .likewise, not being awarded the bonus points when your QB's ( or RB/WR/TE) defense gives the game away, or a kicker shanks the game winner is an equally disturbing idea.

Not a fan. .mostly becuase I honestly don't think it's an issue, in any format.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan. .mostly becuase I honestly don't think it's an issue, in any format.

I think we're all just shooting the breeze here. I have no interest in any changes. My old can of worms is still half full.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're all just shooting the breeze here. I have no interest in any changes.
Was just making conversation.

What was that Homer Simpson quote? "Fantasy football. The cause of, and solution to all of life's problems."

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say, I have never been happier to see the key piece i just acquired in trade go down with a season ending injury.

Booker time!

Well, it should at least narrow down your options since it had evolved into a time-share - - that is unless Capri becomes the new Booker. ....

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Booker time!
As a Broncos fan, the whole thing is a bummer. Would like two instead of one.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason i have never implemented those is because i try to boost up WR and RB points to limit the QB advantage fantasy gives...

Whats with the Qb advantage stuff again

there is no advantage a QB is a Qb a Rb is an RB

that is the whole point

it makes for decisions on draft day and how to build a team

IMHO Qbs and Rbs should never be scored the same and i wouldnt want to play in a league that scored them the same

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hate to see any scoring changes in MBBRL
it has been the same for years and all is and has always been great

leaving the fancy scoring for your own personal leagues and lets leave the Greatest League of them all Alone!

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats with the Qb advantage stuff again

there is no advantage a QB is a Qb a Rb is an RB

that is the whole point

it makes for decisions on draft day and how to build a team

IMHO Qbs and Rbs should never be scored the same and i wouldnt want to play in a league that scored them the same
Yea, I figured that was beatin a dead horse. .when a franchise QB is every NFL GM's wet dream, why anyone would think they should be punished because they're too "high scoring" or whatever in fantasy just baffles me. they score more becuase they're that important to the real game, period. can't fathom why that doesn't resonate with some.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You tryin to pull a fast one on me, or am I missin somethin? Hasn't Dion Lewis started practicing again?

Practice? We're talking about practice? Practice? We're talking about practice. Practice.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Practice? We're talking about practice? Practice? We're talking about practice. Practice.
Me while reading this post:
giphy.gif