• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this about the IR spot, the good thing is that ESPN will only let you put them on IR if they are declared out for a game and or put on the actual IR. In year's past it hasn't made a difference, because once somebody was put on IR they were done for the year, but now the NFL has kind of screwed us with the IR designated to return shit they have now, so I would be fine with one IR spot.

The only thing I will tell you since I run my league on ESPN and have IR spots is that it can be kind of a pain in the ass as far as transactions are concerned. Take Jeremy Langford for example. Every week instead of declaring him out, the Bears list him as doubtful until Friday and then change his status to out, so you can't technically move him to the IR and pick anybody else up until Friday. The problem with that is once they change his status back to doubtful on Tuesday morning, ESPN won't let you make any waiver or add/drop transactions until you move him out of the IR spot which means you have to drop somebody to put him back on the bench (yes I know that most of us would just drop him, but I'm using him as an example) in order to put in a waiver claim. Then later in the week once he's declared out, you can move him back to IR and pick somebody else up. It's a pain in the ass, but all of us that have done an ESPN league with the IR spot will be used to it.

Yes. Too many hurdles, imo. Waivers is full of players. If I own Decker or Watkins...smell ya later. I mean no offense to those that are patient (an ability I lack), and especially to Joe.... I mean, Eddie Royal? ;)

...but yes, it does suck when an owner has multiple injuries to deal with and can't drop them. For me, wvery week there are seven players I want to add though, so cutting bait isn't something I try to avoid at all costs. (sometimes I wish I did, cough cough, Adams!)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, I was really looking to bench Hopkins this week at Denver and trade for someone... (Cobb would have been nice) ;)

...but I'm playing Hopkins in my money league and he is starting him, so I will too. Can't have a double whammy. (coincidentally, he had Adams on his bench -- also dropped Adams in this league...two weeks ago) :L

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we add an IR, it's gotta be for players who are officially out for the week, and by a certain date, right?

If not, seems to me it could get messy.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we add an IR, it's gotta be for players who are officially out for the week, and by a certain date, right?

If not, seems to me it could get messy.

On ESPN you cannot place a player in an IR spot unless they are officially declared OUT or IR. The rub comes when a player is declared OUT this week, and even though everyone knows they will not play next week, if the team puts a Questionable or even Doubtful tag on them, you can't leave them in the IR spot.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On ESPN you cannot place a player in an IR spot unless they are officially declared OUT or IR. The rub comes when a player is declared OUT this week, and even though everyone knows they will not play next week, if the team puts a Questionable or even Doubtful tag on them, you can't leave them in the IR spot.

So much for any Patriots player. ;)

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry this took so long. Busy week.

WEEK 6 STANDINGS

2016_MBBRL_WEEK_6.jpg

I knew if I kept posting it, eventually it would happen, and this was the week that the Barbarians outscored the Keepers 1145.6 to 1135.7. The lead for the season is 143.7 points for the Keepers, but rejoice Barbarians you finally did it.

Chef stayed undefeated with a complete dismantling of Bandit scoring the most points in both leagues. I know I point this out every week and I might not if it wasn't me, but come on, I've now had 760.9 points scored against me. Joe has had the 2nd most scored against him at 681.6. What the hell is it that makes you guys want to kick my ass so badly? I'm sorry, please stop. Please.

Race for Relegation

Right now as far as I'm concerned we should all be relegated except Chef, Steelers, TKO, and Face as they are the only ones that seem to have their shit together. On the bright side, that means that nobody is out of the playoff race.

Treff 5.5 power ranking
Ram 9.5 power ranking
Lefty 11.5 power ranking
Fuzzy 12.5 power ranking

Race for the ticket to the A league

Even though Barilko lost last week to Harold who has the best record in the Barbarians alone at 5-1, he still held on to his comfortable margin in breakdown lead and is dominating everything except record as he has outscored the entire MBBRL by 44.6 points (Steelers is 2nd) and the rest of the B league by 81.8 (Shady is 2nd). Not to keep rehashing this crap because it really doesn't matter, but as dominant as Barilko has been, if he had played my schedule he would be 2-4.

Barilko 55-11
Shady 47-19
OBX 45-21
Cheesehead 34-32
**Nobody else has more than 30 breakdown wins**

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice work Bandit
I fear I'm sliding as Treff put the whammy on me

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn @FaCe-LeE-uS at this point you're going to have a tough time just fielding a team. They are falling apart around you. Five bench spots and four guys out with injuries sucks royally. I know I should be happy since I'm playing you, but nobody deserves that kind of bad luck. If it makes you feel any better, there is at least an 80% chance at this point that I just leave Olsen in at tight end and take the 0 since the best I can hope for on waivers is 2 or 3 points out one of those losers if I guess right.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn @FaCe-LeE-uS at this point you're going to have a tough time just fielding a team. They are falling apart around you. Five bench spots and four guys out with injuries sucks royally. I know I should be happy since I'm playing you, but nobody deserves that kind of bad luck. If it makes you feel any better, there is at least an 80% chance at this point that I just leave Olsen in at tight end and take the 0 since the best I can hope for on waivers is 2 or 3 points out one of those losers if I guess right.
Yea I keep hoping after each day that I get some good news, but it seems like it keeps getting worse. My team is crumbling.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you still have to start an active roster, @canesandfinsfanatic - wasn't that one of Will's Golden Rules?

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you still have to start an active roster, @canesandfinsfanatic - wasn't that one of Will's Golden Rules?

Well I know that you aren't supposed to abandon your lineup or leave guys in that are on a bye, but that's not the case here. It would a conscious strategic decision that I'd rather have 0 than drop someone from my roster. The Packers playing on Thursday really kind of screwed me. I might still drop the Ravens defense for somebody, but I haven't made up my mind yet.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All right, here we go then (I'll post it on both boards). Tweaked it a little:

MBBRL Rules Revisited
  • First, don't abandon your team
  • Second, keep posting
  • Third, no douchey plays (for example, if you're about to face AP who went down, picking up Gerhart on a waiver is legit - but if the team you're facing next week has Aaron Rodgers on a bye and the back-up Eli Manning just got hurt in a Thursday game, don't run to your computer first and do five add/drops to pick up all the QBs). We're all supposed to be good players beating each other straight-up. If you wonder about a move, ask.
Trades are always allowed (well, except draft pick trades).

Relegation

In normal circumstances, two teams will move up from the B league to the A league and two teams will move down from the A league to the B league. Teams moving down will be determined by power rankings. In the event of a tie, H2H will be the first tiebreaker, breakdown record will be the second tiebreaker, total points the third tiebreaker -- and if we still have a tie, whoever does better in a Fantasy Playoff Challenge to be determined.

The two teams moving up from the B League will go according to these criteria:
1. Champion
2. Regular season breakdown leader
3. Top seed
4. Regular season power rankings leader
5. Regular season points leader
If the B League champion meets all the other criteria, only a single team moves up (and only a single team moves down). Otherwise, the other B League team with the top-most criterion also moves up. (In the unlikely event of a tie, we'll again go to a Fantasy Playoff Challenge as the tiebreaker.)

To Spice Things Up
If in the regular season the B league outscores the A league by more than 168 FF points (one point per team per week), FOUR teams move instead of two. If that happens and the B League criteria above doesn't provide four teams, we'll use playoff seeding for the rest.

Also, the bottom two B League Teams are relegated out into Oblivion to make room for new blood - although at the beginning of the next season they can try to get nomination and support to get back in, on an even footing with everyone else who wants in.

Don't see anything in here about not being allowed to do that. I have all the rule pages saved just in case we need them by the way.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we were talking about IR and injuries, I just looked at our league rosters.
82 players that were drafted remain.
26 players have been traded. (I'm not gonna dive into whether they were originally drafted first.)
60 players came from free agency. That's 36% of the league. At minimum.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you'll never guess where I'm in attendance at tonight...wish they'd allow direct uploads, I don't have a Web service to post photographic proof
Seeing as the Avs are not playing tonight... The Ice Capades?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 6 Picks... Late as usual ;)

Bandit over Face
Treff over Milk
Ram over TLance
SP over TKO