• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like there will be some weeks where you will hate your QB, lol. solid big 4 in Spiller-Miller-Dez-Amendola, health provided of course. like that you hedged your bets on a couple of rookie RBs in Bell and Bernard. I feel like one of them should creep into that starting flex spot permanently.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it Tlance - except, obviously, at QB. I think you'll be kicking yourself for taking Vernon instead of Wilson. As a wise ex-CBS fantasy advisor once said, "Gronk is not healthy, however, so I will not be selecting a TE until round 6 at the earliest."

Personally, I think Bell will be every bit as good as Miller this year, and Bernard will emerge as a legit fantasy starter. I think you can wait a little for your rookies to blossom and then try to trade some RB depth for a better QB.

In the meantime, I'd drop Blount for another QB to play with.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it Tlance - except, obviously, at QB. I think you'll be kicking yourself for taking Vernon instead of Wilson. As a wise ex-CBS fantasy advisor once said, "Gronk is not healthy, however, so I will not be selecting a TE until round 6 at the earliest."

Personally, I think Bell will be every bit as good as Miller this year, and Bernard will emerge as a legit fantasy starter. I think you can wait a little for your rookies to blossom and then try to trade some RB depth for a better QB.

In the meantime, I'd drop Blount for another QB to play with.

LOL. Thanks Wil. I knew it was a gamble when I made that pick. I really thought I could have my cake and eat it too. Oh well. Vick was the number 1 QB taken in many drafts 2 long years ago. It wouldn't be too crazy to see him inside the top 12 at season's end.

For the record though, I drafted Davis with the first pick in the 6th round. I did not count on the RG3 owner doubling up so soon when he only had 2 RBs.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, there were at least 3 audible groans when I picked Vick, so some in the draft room still value him. All I need is a couple good games for Vick (Was, SD and KC first 3 games) combined with a slow start from the "groaners" QB and I will have the table set for an upgrade.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright guys. Here is my first draft from yesterday.

The league has mostly standard scoring, but 6 point TD passes and a 2 point bonus for 300 yards passing and 100 yards either rushing or receiving. We start 2 RB, 2WR and a Flex. RBs completely dominated the first 3 rounds of the draft as expected. I picked from the 12 spot.

QB- Vick/Cutler
RB- Spiller, Miller, Bell, Bernard, Woodhead, Blount
WR- Bryant, Amendola, G. Tate, Broyles, Jeffrey
TE- V. Davis
DST- Pittsburgh, but will likely stream
K- Gostkowski

So, I wasn't planning to wait on QB especially in a 6 point pass TD league, but I hated the values available to me a the end of round 3. By the time it got to me in round 5, all 11 other teams had their QBs and Russell Wilson was sitting there. I decided to gamble and let him pass thinking I could take him in round 7. I went with Amendola and Davis in that spot. Naturally, Wilson was picked 1 spot before it got back to me in the 7th round, so I decided to wait some more and ended up with Vick and Cutler. I will probably look to upgrade at some point, but Vick's early season schedule looks good, so hopefully he puts up numbers good enough to give him some trade value.

What do you guys think?

Like it............I still like Vick myself and had a shot at him but when you take RGII as your 1 you sure as hell don't take Vick......lol. Like Bell and Bernard (Bell went right before Amendola in my draft or I'd be owning Bell). Good job.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing about this draft was that only 5 kickers were drafted. I have passed on K in drafts before, but I have never seen so many teams take that approach.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owners in my league aren't allowed to draft anything but a kicker in the final round if they haven't done so already.
One of the biggest bush league things to do IMHO

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tlance... I think your draft revolves around Miller. If he's not up to par as a steady RB2, you'll be in wait mode for the rookies to break out. Could be trouble.

Sam... I would not drop Ingram. I would drop Hartline if you're looking to add QB insurance, but I'm not sure I would yet.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tlance... I think your draft revolves around Miller. If he's not up to par as a steady RB2, you'll be in wait mode for the rookies to break out. Could be trouble.

Sam... I would not drop Ingram. I would drop Hartline if you're looking to add QB insurance, but I'm not sure I would yet.

I think you are right. I am confident that 1 of either Bell or Miller will be an every week starter, and I hope both. The news today was that Dolphins OC called the RB battle between Miller and Thomas "close" I wasn't aware there was a battle.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are right. I am confident that 1 of either Bell or Miller will be an every week starter, and I hope both. The news today was that Dolphins OC called the RB battle between Miller and Thomas "close" I wasn't aware there was a battle.

Thing about Bell is if he can stay healthy he will touch the ball a lot................lI read that about Miller and Thomas but I can't figure out why....................has to be to light a fire under Millers ass IMO

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok thanks Wil Barilko team 5 is ready to go

:canada:

Last edited by a moderator:

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentlemen, DUB is hanging up his rankings sheets in order to spend more time with his family - wait, actually, to spend more time with his website (Fantasy StatChat). We will all mourn the loss of his acumen and his idyllic weekly sports reports - except Monkey, who will say "I didn't want to make it into the A league this way" but in fact will be delighted for the promotion.

Adios, DUB, and happy statchatting... and welcome, Monkey, to The Show (you have a new A league invite as of a moment ago).

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentlemen, DUB is hanging up his rankings sheets in order to spend more time with his family - wait, actually, to spend more time with his website (Fantasy StatChat). We will all mourn the loss of his acumen and his idyllic weekly sports reports - except Monkey, who will say "I didn't want to make it into the A league this way" but in fact will be delighted for the promotion.

Adios, DUB, and happy statchatting... and welcome, Monkey, to The Show (you have a new A league invite as of a moment ago).

ouch have i been left alone....

oh well i was the new guy last year....

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Drone will keep you company among the Hoopsters.

And Bandit.

And there is a shadow moving there among the trees....

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Drone will keep you company among the Hoopsters.

And Bandit.

And there is a shadow moving there among the trees....

yes i just checked back in i did see rather enthusiastic shadow

i think i was nicked as it cast its dark light

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Confirmed for the B league:

Barilko, Bandit, JDM, TK21775, dblakejr, the Drone, a mystery entrant, and MilkSpiller (autodrafting probably from a State of Intermittent Connectivity).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you mention Chef99 as a possibility?

He is in the baseball league and was an occasional football poster on CBS. Very active on the baseball boards. I bet I could convince him to join.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you mention Chef99 as a possibility?

He is in the baseball league and was an occasional football poster on CBS. Very active on the baseball boards. I bet I could convince him to join.

I PM'd him last week and he said he was interested..............maybe you should send him a little reminder?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guys, just finished up and I'll tell you what: as much as I love MWHS top 200 I won't do that again. I was conflicted throughout the whole draft between MWHS and my own rankings that I screwed the pooch on a couple of picks. 12 team, standard scoring but 4 pts per passing TD. Here it is. Missed on a back up QB so I'll have to drop one of my scrubs and will probably pick up Tranny or Cuntler. Anyway, read em and weep. I am.

QB RGIII
RB Charles
RB CJbetterbeatleast1.5K
WR DThomas
WR Danny Amendola (Not happy here)
Flex Lacy/Bernard/James Jones (Hope Lacy or Bernard can win the job and James Jones could step into WR2)
TE Cook
K Bullock
D Chargers (will have to stream but no problem as I usually do anyway)

Bench
RB Tate
RB Ingram
WR Hartline (I do like him this year)
WR VBrown (Be nice if he could live up to expectations)
So there it is....................can't believe I drafted RGIII and no backup. RB's were flying off the board and I am suprised at the value I was able to get with DThomas but thought I would get better with my WR2. I like Amendola this year but more as a WR3 with upside. I will draft the rest of my teams with my rankings for damn sure.
Well, the more I look at this and the more I look at the rest of the teams I'm starting to like it more. I will hold on until week 5 and fill RGIII bye week then. I would say for the first few weeks I might have some issues with my flex but one of my guys should step up and fill that hole.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Confirmed for the B league:

Barilko, Bandit, JDM, TK21775, dblakejr, the Drone, a mystery entrant, and MilkSpiller (autodrafting probably from a State of Intermittent Connectivity).

If ya'll allow the mystery entrant to work his way back into the A league, there will be no place for you to hide from my wrath