• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Mens Quarter Final - Canada vs Latvia (or Lativa?)

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lativa's ( :eyebrows: ) goalie is second string on Tbays AHL team

HEY!

dont we need a goalie when we trade LUONGO there ????

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Steve Yzmerman for taking my teams best player. May he rot in HELL.:mad2:

Fucking Yzmerman.

King_Triton_KHII.png

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible MULTIPLE ligaments damaged to Tavare's knee.

Oh, shit, didn't realize he was hurt. That sucks; he's the best thing the Islanders have, and that may or may not be true even if he can't skate.

Condolences, sir.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not in a joking mood. Bob MacKenzie says it's serious. It doesn't look good. Fuck Yzerman. I hope the Lightning never win a cup as long as he's their.

oh fuck that. fuck yzerman? for giving that kid a shot at a dream that millions will never have a chance at. he could have said no you know. so maybe fuck tavares for saying yes, fuck tavares for getting hurt.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh fuck that. fuck yzerman? for giving that kid a shot at a dream that millions will never have a chance at. he could have said no you know. so maybe fuck tavares for saying yes, fuck tavares for getting hurt.

I've said all along I didn't want Tavares on Team Canada. I don't think the NHL should be involved in the Olympics. My teams best player is quite possibly seriously injured. He didn't get hurt during an NHL game in which he's being paid Millions of dollars. He got hurt playing in a tournament. It might mean a lot to him, you and others, but to me the Olympics are for amatuers not pros. The Olympic ideal has been lost. The media only cares about one thing, the medal count. Nothing else matters to them. Nothing else ever will.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, shit, didn't realize he was hurt. That sucks; he's the best thing the Islanders have, and that may or may not be true even if he can't skate.

Condolences, sir.

It sucks. There's really nothing to look forward to with the franchise. Ed Snider is right. The NHL shouldn't be involved in the Olympics.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to him in the Semi's. Hopefully Team USA gets more shots against him than they did in 2010.

I think the only way that happens if is Dustin Brown accidently on purpose runs over Carey Price.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a serious note, though, I hope JT has a quick recovery, it's terrible news for the Isles (and also Team Canada).

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a serious note, though, I hope JT has a quick recovery, it's terrible news for the Isles (and also Team Canada).

Doesn't sound like it. Word is both MCL and ACL tears....ugh

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said all along I didn't want Tavares on Team Canada. I don't think the NHL should be involved in the Olympics. My teams best player is quite possibly seriously injured. He didn't get hurt during an NHL game in which he's being paid Millions of dollars. He got hurt playing in a tournament. It might mean a lot to him, you and others, but to me the Olympics are for amatuers not pros. The Olympic ideal has been lost. The media only cares about one thing, the medal count. Nothing else matters to them. Nothing else ever will.

Getting hurt is a risk you take playing a tournament or regular season. It sucks for your team, but it is a part of sports.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only way that happens if is Dustin Brown accidently on purpose runs over Carey Price.

It will be interesting to see how Price handles the pressure. Fortunately for him the team in front of him is absolutely loaded with talent from top to bottom.

I hope and expect it to be a good game. I don't expect Team USA to play Canada like other teams have. These two rosters are basically All Star teams. The best team on the night of the game will win.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting hurt is a risk you take playing a tournament or regular season. It sucks for your team, but it is a part of sports.

I realize it's part of the game. I'd probably feel better about it if it was during an NHL game. I've just completely lost my Olympic spirit. The coverage here in the States is in a word AWFUL. The fact I don't believe professional athletes should be in the Olympics is another factor.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lativa's ( :eyebrows: ) goalie is second string on Tbays AHL team

HEY!

dont we need a goalie when we trade LUONGO there ????

Yeah I posted that earlier not putting two and two together that he was just showing off for his Boss/GM of his NHL affiliate in Stevie Y.

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize it's part of the game. I'd probably feel better about it if it was during an NHL game. I've just completely lost my Olympic spirit. The coverage here in the States is in a word AWFUL. The fact I don't believe professional athletes should be in the Olympics is another factor.

I actually agree with you on this. I have always felt the juniors should be sent to the games, not the pros. But the NHL has gone too many times now, fans expect to see the best compete.