• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Mens Quarter Final - Canada vs Latvia (or Lativa?)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price named Canada’s goalie in men’s hockey quarterfinal which is a little surprising to me but I fully support it. I guess I dont see why he got the edge over Luongo as I thought Luongo was just that much more in his game, but that is why I guess Im not a Coach. Price really outside his junior win has no history of success in the big leagues for these types of situations, we know Luongo has. I just wonder what Babcocks decision making process is on this one. Again I support It for the fact that this is about who gives us the best chance to win I just wish I knew what the actual reason was.

We should win against the Swiss or Latvia (maybe a Mod can change the team in the title once its determined, by Mod I mean Dash :D) and it would be folly to change the goalie after that for a tougher opponent so I imagine Price is the guy all the way through unless we beat Latvia/Swiss and he struggles.

and then there is this. which I found weird how it was said.

Babcock: Subban, Hamhuis 'haven't got much of a chance'

talking about testing those players mental structure to hear that they havent much of a chance. wow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price named Canada’s goalie in men’s hockey quarterfinal which is a little surprising to me but I fully support it. I guess I dont see why he got the edge over Luongo as I thought Luongo was just that much more in his game, but that is why I guess Im not a Coach. Price really outside his junior win has no history of success in the big leagues for these types of situations, we know Luongo has. I just wonder what Babcocks decision making process is on this one. Again I support It for the fact that this is about who gives us the best chance to win I just wish I knew what the actual reason was.

We should win against the Swiss or Latvia (maybe a Mod can change the team in the title once its determined, by Mod I mean Dash :D) and it would be folly to change the goalie after that for a tougher opponent so I imagine Price is the guy all the way through unless we beat Latvia/Swiss and he struggles.

and then there is this. which I found weird how it was said.

Babcock: Subban, Hamhuis 'haven't got much of a chance'

talking about testing those players mental structure to hear that they havent much of a chance. wow.

I don't like that, if that's why he's trying to do(test their mental structure) - it's okay to say that if he's saying that because the current d-men are playing really well, but if he's doing that for motivational purposes, eh I don't like that

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive always wanted to visit Lativa but have always had a hard time finding it on the map :noidea:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like that, if that's why he's trying to do(test their mental structure) - it's okay to say that if he's saying that because the current d-men are playing really well, but if he's doing that for motivational purposes, eh I don't like that

yeah I dont understand that hes still the best coach to me going but that just seems like something not needed to say. just say our top 6 are so good that those are who we are going with but to say those 2 have NO chance man. they are pros so they will be fine I just thought it was a bit much. or maybe out of context which I could see

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, I read the thread title initially as Swiss Latte.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, I read the thread title initially as Swiss Latte.

I thought ... isnt Lativa that yogurt that makes women belly dance on tv???

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we judge by their hockey fans, Latvia is a sport crazed nation (doing well in bobsleigh as well).

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 7h
At Team Canada practice, Kunitz is back with Crosby and Bergeron.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 7h
At Team Canada practice, Kunitz is back with Crosby and Bergeron.

I like Kunitz back with Crosby, but I would prefer Bergy back centering the 4th line. However, I'm sitting behind a keyboard and those guys have multiple Stanley Cup rings.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Kunitz back with Crosby, but I would prefer Bergy back centering the 4th line. However, I'm sitting behind a keyboard and those guys have multiple Stanley Cup rings.

I hope you are eating a donut as well

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like Kevin Lowe

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a bad idea having Bergeron and Crosby out together late in the game for key faceoffs, but I don't like them together throughout the game either.

Serious question: Crosby is the center on that line, but if there's a critical faceoff, do you give it to Bergeron anyway? Crosby is no slouch on faceoffs, but Bergeron is 2nd in the league right now (who knew Sobotka was so good on faceoffs, though he's a wing, so maybe he doesn't technically count).

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question: Crosby is the center on that line, but if there's a critical faceoff, do you give it to Bergeron anyway? Crosby is no slouch on faceoffs, but Bergeron is 2nd in the league right now (who knew Sobotka was so good on faceoffs, though he's a wing, so maybe he doesn't technically count).

I think it depends on the location of the face-off (i.e. if it is on Sid's backhand side, let him take it, otherwise give it to Bergy).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Head-to-head, Bergy always beats Sid on faceoffs. It's one of the main reasons I don't like him on Sid's wing. Sid's going to be the center of his line, there's no doubt about that, but taking Bergeron out of the faceoff circle is a mistake to me. Some people might think faceoffs are little things, but I've seen a lot of games which hinged on them. It's a major component of puck possession, and Babcock coaches a puck possession game.

Besides that, I just think their games right now are too divergent to really mesh offensively.