• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Mens Quarter Final - Canada vs Latvia (or Lativa?)

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not in a joking mood. Bob MacKenzie says it's serious. It doesn't look good. Fuck Yzerman. I hope the Lightning never win a cup as long as he's their.

If it was Crosby it would be decided already that the NHL players dont go in 2018. But its just Tavares so we will have to wait and see.

It will be interesting to see how Price handles the pressure. Fortunately for him the team in front of him is absolutely loaded with talent from top to bottom.

He will have a good game or a he will have a bad game but the pressure wont get to him. It just doesn't. For years early in his career the "big story" was that he was cracking under the pressure and he needed out of Montreal or he would never succeed. I use quotes because the "big story" was always written or spoken by people far removed from Price and the Habs. He is unnaturally calm and cool.

I actually agree with you on this. I have always felt the juniors should be sent to the games, not the pros. But the NHL has gone too many times now, fans expect to see the best compete.

I really don't care as long as the rules are the same across the board. I don't want North American juniors playing older European professionals.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 'amateur athlete' rule of bygone games has nothing to do with the Olympic spirit, unless the Olympic spirit means the Olympics should only be held for the rich upper class elites. That's why the rule was introduced; not to eliminate professional athletes but to prevent professionals of any sort. The gentleman class and aristocrats were (correctly) worried that they would get their asses whooped if they had to row against dock workers or cycle against messenger boys. They wanted the games limited to their upper echelon private school educated trust fund brethren. He'll, they even wanted training banned - considered it cheating.

The ancient Olympics also had nothing to do with amateurs - they trained full time, had rich sponsors and Olympic victories could set you up financially for life.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Who would have guessed that the best goalie in the tournament (so far at least) would be the Latvian.
what a performance.
Artus Irbe would be proud.
Congrats Team Canada ... please play this way against the USA now!!! :suds:
57 shots on net? I'll take it!! :thumb:
I remember listening to the clown Glenn Healy saying that kid had no chance to continue that performance for 60 mins. its impossible. he will crack.

assclown
"He's an AHL goalie. Just take shots, some that you wouldn't expect to score on will go in"

Amazing that he has a job involving words.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a performance.
Artus Irbe would be proud.

57 shots on net? I'll take it!! :thumb:

"He's an AHL goalie. Just take shots, some that you wouldn't expect to score on will go in"

Amazing that he has a job involving words.

Healy was just repeating what they used to say about him

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
gudlevskis-2-590x181.jpg