• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Melo Rumor

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way I make the move if it's part of a push to try to get LeBron next season. You don't give up one of the top power forwards in the league for a wing player, unless the wing is dominant on both ends of the floor.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way I make the move if it's part of a push to try to get LeBron next season. You don't give up one of the top power forwards in the league for a wing player, unless the wing is dominant on both ends of the floor.

I don't think lee is one of the top PF in the league. He's pretty good player overall though. He has his shortcomings

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think lee is one of the top PF in the league. He's pretty good player overall though. He has his shortcomings
Though often over-matched on the defensive end by bigger or more athletic PF's, I think that his defense gets a bit more criticism than it deserves. The effort is always there, and it's not like he requires help every game. Feeling as I do about his D, I too rate him as one of The Association's best (top ten?) fours based on his prowess at the other end.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though often over-matched on the defensive end by bigger or more athletic PF's, I think that his defense gets a bit more criticism than it deserves. The effort is always there, and it's not like he requires help every game. Feeling as I do about his D, I too rate him as one of The Association's best (top ten?) fours based on his prowess at the other end.

His defense is no better than Melo's. Where do you rate Melo at his position? I personaly have him at 2 off the top of my head.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His defense is no better than Melo's. Where do you rate Melo at his position? I personaly have him at 2 off the top of my head.

Sorry, I have him at 3 now that I think about it, I also have him as the second best scorer in the entire NBA. I also have his presence alone elevating Curry to a top 3 pg in the NBA.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I have him at 3 now that I think about it, I also have him as the second best scorer in the entire NBA. I also have his presence alone elevating Curry to a top 3 pg in the NBA.

I think is already a top 3 PG

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.@DannyCardinali: Hearing anything about the Bucks? ---> they have several things going... watch Golden State

Please no ridnour

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo is a premiere player w a few fatal flaws. But I certainly and quickly would give up HB and D. Lee and change. He is almost unstoppable, a very good o/s shooter and strong near the basket. There are few like him. I also would do the same for Kevin Love. Both guys may not be able to lead you to the promised land but w Steph and Klay and Bogut you might get there. Melo ball hogs but he's never had a PG like Steph or a stroker like Klay. Not saying we will do either but as an idea, I make the trade for Melo or Big Love.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo is a premiere player w a few fatal flaws. But I certainly and quickly would give up HB and D. Lee and change. He is almost unstoppable, a very good o/s shooter and strong near the basket. There are few like him. I also would do the same for Kevin Love. Both guys may not be able to lead you to the promised land but w Steph and Klay and Bogut you might get there. Melo ball hogs but he's never had a PG like Steph or a stroker like Klay. Not saying we will do either but as an idea, I make the trade for Melo or Big Love.

It would probably take HB, Klay and Lee for Anthony and Shumpert.

I still do it in a heartbeat.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a big fan of Carmelo's game style. However, I do think we need more players who are less passive. Maybe that means more selfish. What I mean is players who have an attitude and a killer instinct. Right now I only see 2 guys on this team who have that, Bogut and Green. And while I love Green, he does not have starter talent at this point and is still a role player. Don't mistake Curry getting hot for a killer instinct, it's not the same thing. Same thing with Lee's work ethic, he brings it every night, but he rarely takes over a game and dominates (except for a few favorable match ups). Klay, Barnes, Iguodala, and yes, even Steph, too often seem content to just hang out waiting for something to happen rather than making it happen (of course klanking/airballing wide open 3 pointers doesn't help either).

We need at least 1 more guy with that attitude, killer instinct, and competitive fire that you see in guys like Kobe, James, Durant, Westbrook, Paul, etc. Curry is great, but he's just not that guy.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would probably take HB, Klay and Lee for Anthony and Shumpert.

I still do it in a heartbeat.

Klay HB and Lee is too much.

So Money - agree w you 100 pct.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way that crap deal happens not for trash players like Barnes. Thompson is decent but let's face it he's not a top 20 player in today's game.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Aldridge, Love, Blake, Davis, Duncan, Lee

That's one of the best in the league. Of those players only 2 have a better post game which is the biggest hole in the Warriors as constructed.

Sure, he's not the top defender in the league, but we have role players that roll those gaps. If you can get Love, do it (even though I personally like Lee better with his back to the hoop)

I don't see that happening. The front office missed their window at a shot at love or Aldridge last season. I don't see them making any more major loves until the off season

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay isn't that good. The deal I fell in love with was those 3 for Melo and Shumpert.

big rip off...not sure why knicks would want david lee...they had him once and gave him up...if im knicks I say no deal without curry included

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
big rip off...not sure why knicks would want david lee...they had him once and gave him up...if im knicks I say no deal without curry included

SC has the finest cheerleaders of any school in America, bar none.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay isn't that good. The deal I fell in love with was those 3 for Melo and Shumpert.

who exactly is supposed to be our starting 4 in this scenario? You want D. Green to start?

Folks rag on D.Lee's short comings, you want to see 'Melo try to guard 4's?

:doh: