• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Melo Rumor

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who exactly is supposed to be our starting 4 in this scenario? You want D. Green to start?

Folks rag on D.Lee's short comings, you want to see 'Melo try to guard 4's?

:doh:

I want Green to play the 4. I love Green's defense and rebounding. He could put up double digit scoring in a starting role as well..

I'll take Green and Melo over Klay and Lee any day of the week.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Green to play the 4. I love Green's defense and rebounding. He could put up double digit scoring in a starting role as well..

What about the bench? The bench is already thin as it is.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O'neal Speights Crawford Shumpert Kuzmic and Steve Blake rumor

Pretty awful bench. I can't think of 1 playoff team in the west with a worse looking bench than that

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the bench? The bench is already thin as it is.

This was my thought. Are you really improving the starting 5 enough to overcome how much you are worsening the already suspect bench?

Do they really win more games?

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was my thought. Are you really improving the starting 5 enough to overcome how much you are worsening the already suspect bench?

Do they really win more games?

Not according to Hollinger, but I don't put too much stock in those PER analysis machines. I think it's correct to assume that they would win less regular season games, but as a playoff team they might be better able to adapt gameplans to certain opponents. I don't think it's worth the risk, though. I'm all for "trying to win now," but any deal with New York (due to cap, tax and talent issues) seems like a move in the wrong direction.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not according to Hollinger, but I don't put too much stock in those PER analysis machines. I think it's correct to assume that they would win less regular season games, but as a playoff team they might be better able to adapt gameplans to certain opponents. I don't think it's worth the risk, though. I'm all for "trying to win now," but any deal with New York (due to cap, tax and talent issues) seems like a move in the wrong direction.

Yeah per is a shit stat IMO

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And your starting Center for your Golden State Dubs, D. Green... :L

D.Lee is passable as a starting 5 when needed. D.Green, Kuzmic, SPeigts, Not so much.

With Bogut nursing his "ego" / shoulder / Back / ankle / fill in the blank reason to sit out games, and JO hurt, we have no big men.

D.Green is a great bench player. Starting 4, at this point? NO. He has great and smarts for days, but he between 'Melo's shortcomings on defense and our lack of a weakside help, we would give up 120 a night easily.

Folks forgot how Melo gave up on DEN in his remaining days there, how long before his attitude showed up here?

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And your starting Center for your Golden State Dubs, D. Green... :L

D.Lee is passable as a starting 5 when needed. D.Green, Kuzmic, SPeigts, Not so much.

With Bogut nursing his "ego" / shoulder / Back / ankle / fill in the blank reason to sit out games, and JO hurt, we have no big men.

D.Green is a great bench player. Starting 4, at this point? NO. He has great and smarts for days, but he between 'Melo's shortcomings on defense and our lack of a weakside help, we would give up 120 a night easily.

Folks forgot how Melo gave up on DEN in his remaining days there, how long before his attitude showed up here?

Festus should be back soon. He started plenty ganes last season. Green could only play the 5 if we went real sm all for a spurt.
JO is back, did you miss that?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Festus should be back soon. He started plenty ganes last season. Green could only play the 5 if we went real sm all for a spurt.
JO is back, did you miss that?

Yeah I hope festus will be back soon

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know people are going to disagree with me but David lee is the new monta ellis IMO