• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mel Kipers big board

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i also think treadwell is gonna really struggle to get seperation in the NFL, just me though, i dont think hes the top wr
Treadwell seems like a classic late 1st round WR. He might be good but he could certainly bust. I think Rd2 is where you want to target WR and not Rd1.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treadwell seems like a classic late 1st round WR. He might be good but he could certainly bust. I think Rd2 is where you want to target WR and not Rd1.
if analaysts are right hes going 8-15

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree it takes a special athlete to be able to play in whatever system is before them and find success. To me to make it as a 3-4 OLB it takes a person with a great 1st step who can turn speed into power. That is what guys like Mack, Ware, Miller, Matthews, and a few others have the ability to do. It is why they can play that DE position if needed because they have the power to hold up at the spot and then the speed to bend around the edge.

As for Bosa I need to watch him a little more but I do think he is lacking that elite 1st step to find success in the 3-4. He makes a great strong side DE though in my opinion. He has that ability to have the power to hold up the edge and enough speed to get to the QB. He won't be a 15 sack a season kind of guy. My guess is he will struggle to break double digits most years. He will be an elite run defender that will give you maximum effort on every play and will show up a decent level in the pass game. He won't be known as an elite pass rusher. In all honesty you probably need a guy on the other side who takes the attention on passing downs as I do think if Bosa has a one-on-one match up he can win those battles and rattle the QB.

7 to 9 and he gets a $35-38 mil 2nd contract...not to be a negative nellie on the kid b/c I have not seen him play enough...I would consider 5 to 6 very good if he's consistent...there is some talk that CLE is considering a move to a 4-3...I'm pretty sure Jackson wants to start over at QB.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think kiper is one of the worst draft analysts there is

i also think treadwell is gonna really struggle to get seperation in the NFL, just me though, i dont think hes the top wr

Reminds me a little of a young Roddy White but better hands...I think if he works hard on routes and the fine details of selling routes, you can get separation....imo another player that will be drafted too high because the pool is low this year...WR2 material imo.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Walterfootball has anything to say, there is a 0% chance that Wentz would make it past the Rams

This is probably true. I think they would jump all over Goff or Wentz (or Treadwell for that matter) if they fell to them, not sure about Lynch. A lot will depend on interviews and pro days.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is probably true. I think they would jump all over Goff or Wentz (or Treadwell for that matter) if they fell to them, not sure about Lynch. A lot will depend on interviews and pro days.
Snead is all about upside. I think they'd take Lynch, too. The big question is where the Rams perceive the talent gap in term of if they need to trade up.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snead is all about upside. I think they'd take Lynch, too. The big question is where the Rams perceive the talent gap in term of if they need to trade up.

That, and can they resist the urge to draft a sliding defensive talent (like Jaylon Smith, for example).

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know I'm a little higher on Paxton than a lot of people, but I think it's a no brainer for LA to take that kid if he's on the board @ 15...might not be as polished out the gates as Goff or Wentz, but the talent is there to be a franchise QB.

If things get crazy...meaning somebody jumps CLE to take Wentz...I could see DAL having a reaction to that and all 3 guys are gone before 15.

I call that crazy b/c I don't expect anyone to make that leap.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm a little higher on Paxton than a lot of people, but I think it's a no brainer for LA to take that kid if he's on the board @ 15...might not be as polished out the gates as Goff or Wentz, but the talent is there to be a franchise QB.

If things get crazy...meaning somebody jumps CLE to take Wentz...I could see DAL having a reaction to that and all 3 guys are gone before 15.

I call that crazy b/c I don't expect anyone to make that leap.
I would say its a no-brainer, too, if he checks out in interviews. The thing about a project QB from a small school is that they really have to be a guy that is a born leader and a book worm. Otherwise you aren't going to get the consistency out of the investment that you're putting into that pick. Lynch is in the same project QB category that Hackenberg is in imo. Lynch more like Osweiler and Hackenberg more like Blaine Gabbert but with a better arm. You're going to be hanging on to both for a awhile before you see any upside.

Jerry Jones said he expects Tony Romo to play for a few more years and I kind of believe him. Dallas seems to be a team that spends a lot of its high picks bolstering its offensive trenches and I can see them switching gears to bolster the defensive trenches. If Dallas takes a QB then that tells me that the QB prospect is just too good for any team to pass up.

The five teams fairly openly in the QB market are Cleveland, SF, LA, Philly and Houston as far as I can tell.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say its a no-brainer, too, if he checks out in interviews. The thing about a project QB from a small school is that they really have to be a guy that is a born leader and a book worm. Otherwise you aren't going to get the consistency out of the investment that you're putting into that pick. Lynch is in the same project QB category that Hackenberg is in imo. Lynch more like Osweiler and Hackenberg more like Blaine Gabbert but with a better arm. You're going to be hanging on to both for a awhile before you see any upside.

Jerry Jones said he expects Tony Romo to play for a few more years and I kind of believe him. Dallas seems to be a team that spends a lot of its high picks bolstering its offensive trenches and I can see them switching gears to bolster the defensive trenches. If Dallas takes a QB then that tells me that the QB prospect is just too good for any team to pass up.

The five teams fairly openly in the QB market are Cleveland, SF, LA, Philly and Houston as far as I can tell.

Let's throw WAS, NYJ and DEN in there to sew up the 8 teams that really need a starting QB...if we think WAS and DEN have their guys in Cousins and Osweiler...we have 6 true QB needy teams...the capital market so to speak is the draft, RG3, Bradford, maybe Kaep.

I would think DAL would have a higher need than QB if they think Romo is good to go for the next 3 yrs...there will be some great prospects on the board that would probably see the field much quicker than a QB...doubtful DAL will go that route, so...the next team up is SF, then PHI...I think it's 50/50 right now that even Lynch will be on the board @ 15....I think they will need to trade up even if nothing crazy happens actually.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave up on Kiper when he had his pathetic love affair with Jimmy Clauson

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spread QBs scare me, and small program spread QBs are even scarier. At least with Goff I can point to a terrific bowl game performance; Lynch was awful in his big game (albeit against an arguably tougher defense). Wentz is more pro-ready than either, even with the small school pedigree. Calls plays, not always in the shotgun, good hand size, sturdy build, and just as (if not more) mobile.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spread QBs scare me, and small program spread QBs are even scarier. At least with Goff I can point to a terrific bowl game performance; Lynch was awful in his big game (albeit against an arguably tougher defense). Wentz is more pro-ready than either, even with the small school pedigree. Calls plays, not always in the shotgun, good hand size, sturdy build, and just as (if not more) mobile.
All Qbs are scary when you look at college tape because no one is teaching these QBs to play NFL football. A Qb from Florida St, Alabama and Oregon are all going to be unprepared heading into an NFL season just like a QB from North Dakota St, San Diego St or Memphis. I figure scouts should looking for:

1) Must have the size. Must be at least 6'1", must have large hands, must not be made of glass, mobility a plus.
2) Must be able to make a 15 yard seam throw over a CB and under the S
3) Must be able to make a throw to a receiver in the corner of an end zone 1 on 1
4) Must be able to look at one guy to make a LB/S move and then throw it to another
5) Must be smart and love the game of football

Most college programs aren't teaching guys to do #4 and aren't putting them in situations to do #3. Most college teams aren't playing good enough defenses to test them on #2. #5 is obviously not a requirement as shown by guys like Manziel.

So how do you evaluate Goff, Lynch and Hackenberg when all of their teammates were bad? Hackenberg in particular was awful but was a pro prospect in a spread system. He was god's gift to QB prospects going to Penn St, though, but they screwed him up and he has no real football IQ and no pocket presence. Lynch is basically an average QB prospect that needs time to grow. Honestly, thats a round 2 thing. If I'm drafting a QB in round 1, I want the upside to be through the roof or I want to be able to start him day 1. I think Goff and Wentz will likely start Day 1.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hackenberg was actually more effective his freshman year in a pro style offense under Bill O'Brien. That's what is keeping his value afloat, but I think that he may be earmarked for Houston's 2nd round pick.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hackenberg was actually more effective his freshman year in a pro style offense under Bill O'Brien. That's what is keeping his value afloat, but I think that he may be earmarked for Houston's 2nd round pick.

I believe this as well, O'Brien can bring him in and sit him, get his feet wet slow and then hand the offense over to him, I think this what they have been setting up for all alone.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Houston needs more immediate help. I get the fit but I see him going to Dallas or San Diego or maybe Arizona. Hackenberg isnt going to be worth it until his 2nd contract. How many teams can absorb a Blaine Gabbert type of learning curve?